A starved ancient effigy can be obtained as drops from many monsters around RuneScape, as part of the ancient effigies Distractions and Diversions. The more powerful the monster, the more likely the drop. It requires level 91 in the skill it craves knowledge in to nourish, but it can be banked until you can or choose to use it, or you may exchange it for a 5,000 experience Antique lamp (for any skill level 50 or more) by talking to Historian Minas at Varrock Museum. When given knowledge, it will become a nourished ancient effigy and will grant 15,000 experience in the skill that was used to nourish it. The nourished ancient effigy will need level 93 in a certain skill. This skill can be different from the ones needed for the starved ancient effigy. The Assist System can be used to nourish an effigy, however the assisting player will get all of the 15,000 experience points. No effigies of any type will stack in the bank.
A given drop rate of effigies from a certain monster is directly related to the monster's combat level (exponentially, not linearly). See effigy drop rates for more info.
On certain days, it is possible to purchase one from the Travelling Merchant's Shop. Players will need to first investigate it, leading to the message You lose your concentration on the ancient effigy., before it be can used.
A maximum of 5 ancient effigies may be obtained by a player as a drop, after which a player must open at least one fully to receive another. Additionally, the drop rate for an effigy is decreased the more a player owns. It is possible to have more than 5, if received from the Motherlode Maw or bought from Travelling merchant.
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
- Prior to an update that both capped the amount of effigies obtainable at once to 5 and made them significantly rarer many players could obtain one every hundred or so average monster kills.
- As of 19 November 2013, effigies are one of several monster drops that receive a drop highlight.
- Players wishing to decipher effigies in which they do not have the levels required should seek out clusters of high level players who want to offer effigy assistance. For example: World 2 Burthorpe bank or the Grand Exchange.
- An effigy received from the travelling merchant's shop must first be investigated prior to being allowed to opening it. This is not the case for other effigies.