The steam battlestaff is a medium-power elemental staff released on 28 August 2007 as part of the God Wars Dungeon update. It requires 30 Magic to wield and provides an unlimited amount of water and fire runes. Steam battlestaves are dropped only by K'ril Tsutsaroth and his bodyguards, Balfrug Kreeyath, Tstanon Karlak, and Zakl'n Gritch.
It can be made into a mystic steam staff by Thormac for a fee of 40,000 coins after completing the Scorpion Catcher quest or for 27,000 coins after completing the Seers' Village hard achievements. Upgrading the staff boosts its level by 10.
Assuming the Seers' Village hard achievements have been completed, each steam battlestaff upgraded into a mystic steam staff would yield a profit of 18168 coins.
The following spells require both water and fire runes:
- Teleport to Ape Atoll
- Bake pie (Lunar spell)
- Humidify (Lunar spell, requires Dream Mentor)
- Magic imbue (Lunar spell)
- Crystallise (Ancient spell, requires The Light Within)
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Balfrug Kreeyath||102||1||Very rare|
|K'ril Tsutsaroth||98; 650||1||Rare|
- After its release, some players complained about the steam battlestaff's similar appearance to the air staff. It received a graphical update on 5 September 2012, giving it a unique look. It received a third update, two months later, at the release of the Evolution of Combat.
Script errorScript error Script errorScript error