Steam runes are a combination rune, functioning as one fire rune and one water rune. Thus, any spell requiring one fire rune, one water rune or both will spend only one steam rune. The steam battlestaff or mystic steam staff provide an unlimited amount of these runes when equipped.
At level 19 Runecrafting, they can be crafted in two ways:
- Pure essence, fire runes and a fire talisman to the Water Altar (use the fire runes on the altar)
- Pure essence, water runes and a water talisman to the Fire Altar (use the water runes on the altar)
Tiaras cannot be used in place of talismans while crafting combination runes. Players receive 10 experience for combining water runes at the Fire Altar and 9.5 for combining fire runes at the Water Altar.
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Essence impling jar||N/A||4||Uncommon|
|Item quantity required||50|
|Base junk chance||79.1%|
- As with all combination runes, the most amount needed for a spell is 30, for the Charge Orb spell series.
- This is one of the combination runes released with the Abyss update.
- The value of 1 steam rune in Investment Credits in Mobilising Armies is 7 Investment Credits.
- The steam rune's inventory icon, along with the other combination runes, was unaffected by the update on 9 June 2010. The other runes were slightly twisted.