Strykewyrms are a race of wyrms released on 8 February 2010. With the exception of the Lava strykewyrm and the Wildywyrm, strykewyrms may only be killed by players who have them assigned as a slayer assignment.
- Jungle strykewyrm
- Desert strykewyrm
- Ice strykewyrm
- Lava strykewyrm
- WildyWyrm (historical)
- Following the Evolution of Combat, Strykewyrms are already stunned when the player stomps on the ground, excluding lava and wildywyrms.
- Also, a red circle surrounds the Strykewyrm, allowing for ease of ability use. However, if the player leaves combat stance just as they force the Strykewyrm out, this will vanish.
- Investigating a mound when not on a slayer task creates the message "Nothing interesting happens.", and the player performs an outdated version of the Think emote.
- An update allowed players to stomp on the mound from a distance, following player complaints of how slow the task was; while the strykewyrms were relatively easy to kill, players had to keep running to each mound to fight the strykewyrms.
- Patch updates later increased the health of the jungle, desert and ice strykewyrms to balance out the task speed.
- Strykewyrms resemble the aquatic predatory polychaete Eunice aphroditois (colloquially known as the Bobbit worm or sand striker) and look to be based on them.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.