The Sunspear (ranged) is a degradable ranged throwing weapon requiring 78 Ranged to wield. It acts as a Sunspear against vampyres and as wolfbane against the werewolves in Canifis. At any point it can be switched to a spear or magic staff version using the Switch-style right-click option, retaining all current charges.
During River of Blood, it is made by combining a blisterwood shaft, wolfbane, and the broken Sunspear, requiring 75 Fletching. It can only be created once, but can be reclaimed (with full charge) from Ivan Strom for 600,000 coins. It can also be augmented using an augmentor, and retains the ability to switch styles.
Completing the quest also unlocks this weapon as a cosmetic override.
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
- Sunspear benefits
Sunspear, like blisterwood weapons, is fully effective against all vampyres, vyrewatch, and vyrelords/ladies; when fighting them, it has the following benefits:
- Able to damage them
- Prevent juvinates in Darkmeyer (but not elsewhere) from transforming into dust and escaping
- +50% hit chance
- Chance to deal up to double the normal damage for that attack (including bleeds like Dismember)
- Automatically cremates vyre corpses, granting 280 Prayer and 200 Firemaking experience (+50% with Morytania achievements complete), with a 20% chance of dropping additional loot (similar to Shiny columbarium key loot; increased chance with columbarium ring)
- Cremations this way do not count towards the total cremations
See Category:Susceptible to blisterwood weapons for a full list of affected monsters.
The base repair cost of the Sunspear (ranged) when completely degraded to 0.0% item charge is 600,000 coins. It can be repaired by:
- Bob - the axe seller in Lumbridge
- Tindel Marchant - the weapon and armour repairman at Port Khazard
- Dunstan - the smith in Burthorpe
- Squire - in the workshop area of the Void Knights' Outpost
If it is only partially degraded, then the cost of a full repair is multiplied by the percentage of item charge that needs to be repaired to produce the current repair cost.
template = Calculator:Template/Smithing/Armour stand form = repairForm result = repairResult param = level|Smithing level (1-105)|1|int|1-105 param = charge|Item Charge|0.0|number|0.0-100.0 param = cost|cost|600000|hidden|
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
Comparison with other Ranged weapons
|Seren godbow||92||981,240,734||2577 (92)||
|Noxious longbow||90||143,206,229||2458 (90)||
|Wyvern crossbow||85||17,117,630||2178 (85)||
|Strykebow|| 85 |
|Hexhunter bow||80||154,848,966||1924 (80)|
|Royal crossbow|| 80 |
|Attuned crystal bow|| 80 |
|Attuned crystal weapon seed, 2000 harmonic dust||1924 (80)||
|Zaryte bow||80||5,995,117||1924 (80)|
|Sunspear (ranged)|| 78 |
River of Blood
|Free after River of Blood quest, 600,000 to reclaim||1829 (78)|
|Hand cannon|| 75 |
|Blightbound crossbow and off-hand||92|| 616,459,653 (main hand)|
|Ascension crossbow and off-hand||90|| 90,605,896 (main hand)|
|Superior Morrigan's throwing axe||88||8,369,580 (main hand)||2343 (88)|
|Superior Morrigan's javelin||88||8,412,180 (main hand)||2343 (88)|
|Elite Death Lotus dart and off-hand|| 88 |
|25 Death Lotus dart (or off-hand), Death lotus extract||2343 (88)|
|Shadow glaive and off-hand||85|| 7,278,569 (main hand)|
|Death Lotus dart and off-hand|| 85 |
|Ancient bones, 25 Ascension shards||2178 (85)|
|Attuned crystal chakram and off-hand|| 80 |
|2 attuned crystal weapon seeds, 2000 harmonic dust||1924 (80)||
|Chaotic crossbow and off-hand|| 80 |
| 200,000 (main hand)|
|Armadyl crossbow and off-hand||75||2,755,500 (main hand)|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||3.0%|
|1 × Undead components||Not 100%|
- On the day of release, this version dealt significantly less damage using abilities - the damage to be approximated around a level 10 weapon - than its counterparts.
- Prior to 6 March 2017, the override unlocked was essentially unusable, as the ranged Sunspear is the only two-handed throwing weapon ingame. The override is now usable with any thrown weapon or one-handed crossbow.