This makes it look like there is a shop in Runescape that regularly stocks this item.
- I smell vandals. 15 mil G E price? lol. i dont really know how to fix itUr Just Jealous §§§§§§§ 19:01, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
Please check the strength bonus.
Uh, does this really only weigh zero? It might show up as zero, but actually be a half or two thirds or something; the game doesn't show fractions of a kilo. the way to find out for sure would be to get several, and see how many you have to carry before it shows as one kilogram. But who could be rich enough to would buy several abbysal whips just to see how much they weigh? Or, wait, you could take several of a different, common, lightweight item where you already know the weight, then add and subtract them from the inventory and keep looking at your weight and extrapolate from that like some sort of algebra problem like if you have n of the item you know the weight of, then
$ i \approx ( nk ) + A_W $
$ A_W = abbysal whip weight $
$ i=inventory weight $
$ k = known item weight $
... oh man I'm tired I need to get to bed. --Atlantima 03:36, 14 April 2007 (UTC)
- I'm pretty sure it's 0 kg. Even with other things that weight 0 kg, I still weighed 0 kg, so I don't think they use decimal values.--Richard (Talk - Contribs) 17:07, 14 April 2007 (UTC)
Goten384 14:49, 10 January 2008 (UTC)== 700k ==
I got one for 700k!Vancyon 12:47, 9 June 2007 (UTC)
I knew it was worth alot, but since I am lvl 64 I couldn't use it, I sold it, and got around 600k richer Vancyon 12:47, 9 June 2007 (UTC) How much cash did you get for it?Goten384 14:49, 10 January 2008 (UTC)Goten384
Can someone clean this up...My brain is sore just looking at it
Please look out for scams, as scammers will usually say Buying Abyssal whip for 1.8mil+ while having a friend buying a warrior ring or even a seers' ring (which is worth the same of warrior ring - 500k) for 2mil nearby. And when you trade the player buying the whip for "1.8mil+" he will offer the Warrior or Seer's ring Atlandy 22:49, 3 August 2007 (UTC)
- This is a universal scam, not unique to the abyssal whip. I propose a link to the scam page from the whip page, but not an entire paragraph detailing only one type of scam. Editing now. Chissey 07:58, 16 August 2007 (UTC)
Its totally gone, with no free trade. Im taking the scamming part out of the page. score 23:30, 20 January 2008 (UTC)
Since free trade is back, mind adding the scam part back in? Passthemayo69 04:57, February 13, 2011 (UTC)
Triva section - Graphic update bit
It says that the whip didnt get a new animation Well after the 3 updates runescape has had today (29th July 2008), one of them updated it. Should someone take out the old section or keep it? --Lmc169 17:00, 29 July 2008 (UTC)
Needs a Close-up Image
The abyssal whip needs a close-up image of it. Somebody please take a screenshot of it in the equipment stats window.
Leave it to me, I just need someone to make the image transparent, if needed.P.S.: Please sign your messages by posting four tildes at the end of it.--23:39, 17 December 2008 (UTC)
"Using a Obsidian Splitsword combined with a Berserker necklace offers better Strength training than the Abyssal Whip." You can't train strength directly with a whip...188.8.131.52 14:18, 5 January 2009 (UTC)
- Good catch..fixed it for yaAtlandy 14:21, 5 January 2009 (UTC)
- I was just reading this but 1) technicly the statement is true and 2) is it possible that it refered to str bounus?
Doesn't the Images and Media Policy say that an article can only have two animations max? This article has three. -- 14:30, September 4, 2009 (UTC)
- Yes that's true. The animation of the person just wearing it needs to be deleted and replaced with a still image. I uploaded one here, but it got deleted for some reason. If you could upload one I could add transparency to it for you. 19:24, September 4, 2009 (UTC)
I think that it is better if information on the special attack has its own heading. It would have the animation of the special attack and informaiton about it. It would make the first section less of a run on and help people find what they want quicker. --. 21:34, September 21, 2009 (UTC)
Whip goes up
It says that it is because of the new animations, the new look and merchers...I strongly doupt that. I'd say inflation since it rose at about the same spead than bandos armour, the saradomin sword and various godswords... --Jonaboy 00:45, October 26, 2009 (UTC)
Case in opening paragraph
What's the standard for using capital letters in links? I see that it uses a link to the word "Strength" twice, once with a capital once without. Croutonicus 23:03, October 29, 2009 (UTC)
- I think the standard is to use capitalisation as found in the article name (which is normally the capitalisation ingame as well), unless it somehow makes sense to not use the original article name in th visible link text. But dont quote me on that. The capitalied instance refers to Strength, which is the name of a skill. The other one is simply saying that the whip has a higher strength bonus. PS: How is the fourth/fifth pargraph the opening paragraph? o.O --The ledgend 07:08, December 3, 2009 (UTC)
the 'trivia' and a unnecessary information
just like every other day, prices go up and down on items. when i got my whip, i spent 7 mil now its 500k... what a waste.
on 'abyssal whip' trivia, it said "whips were hard to buy on the day of release of colored whips".
im pretty sure its same with all items; but this is just unnecessary, as there is no significant change in the street value or real value - even now, whips are much easier to get. for example I got mine after 2 hours of waiting today from the GE.
184.108.40.206 22:08, January 20, 2010 (UTC)
Someone needs to update http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/File:Abyssal_whip_detail.png; I'd do it, but I'm tired as hell and my Membership runs out tomorrow..
- I think that that is the same image as here. How has the whip been updated?? Evil Yanks talk 10:16, January 24, 2010 (UTC)
- You really didn't hear about it? Update:Barbarian Assault Improvements. They changed the whip back to red, and white is now one of the options to buy. PVYPZrwojy 10:19, January 24, 2010 (UTC)
peopele need to be alllowed to update the whip page locking it wont solve anything
- I only protected it from ips and new accounts, so thousands of users can still edit it. Evil Yanks talk 04:42, January 31, 2010 (UTC)
Whip and ROW
Since Jagex made a finally clear explanation about how ring of wealth works, does that mean it wouldn't affect whip's drop rate either? I thought that would the case since it's a unique drop for abyssal demon just like visage is for iron/black/etc. dragons. --Red X 226 07:15, February 13, 2010 (UTC)
- I interpreted the information differently. I thought Jagex meant that there was a special drop table for those npc-specific drops, possibly an offshoot of the 'rare drop' table. I guess we'll have to ask Jagex, since (from my point of view) both ways of looking at their information are valid. Cheers, Penderwyll 20:27, February 13, 2010 (UTC)
I think the order 'should' be: -Training -Colours -History -Market -Trivia09:24, March 25, 2010 (UTC)
Erm, should someone add a pic of the abyssal whip's attack styles?
i think the weight is wrong. how could you possibly have decimals in your weight? last time i tried wielding whip it had no effect on my weight : 0 kg.am i missing something?
- If you carry multiple whips/carry it with other items with decimal weights your total weight will be above 0. @Gaz#7521 23:24, June 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Also, going to Equipment Stats and right-clicking Abyssal whip → Stats shows the weight with one decimal's precision (as in File:Item stats.png).
- REDIRECT User:Dictature/Signature 03:28, March 25, 2011 (UTC)
Yo, cbf making an account to add this but an interesting glitch(?), the icon for the whip in the inventory in game shows the spiky parts as dark grey, whereas in the Grand exchange these spiky parts are nearly pure white. Weird.. 220.127.116.11 12:32, July 25, 2010 (UTC)
whip max hit
i do think that whip max hit is wrong, since i've hitted a 641 on a ice strykewyrm with full bandos, fire cape, berserker ring(i), amulet fury, dragon boots, barrow gloves, slayer helm, what means that it could be even higher since i did not tryed with amulet of strenght.
whip before graphics update?
i think we might want to have a picture somewhere in the article of a whip before its graphical update with the swords, i dont have one either Masterx3829 18:24, August 5, 2010 (UTC)
how do i get a whip everone has it but i only have 1m and 54 slayer
^ You save your money00:44, May 12, 2011 (UTC)
save your money and you can buy one for like 1.5m18.104.22.168 22:42, July 9, 2011 (UTC)vid pwner
pking with a whip is smart as the special attack will prevent others from running while your fighting them. it is better to use than a saradomin sword when pking because you may weild a sheild for a defence bonus while wearing the whip but you can't while weilding the saradomin sword. abyssal whip is a rare drop from the abyssal minion so it may be obtained if lost if you have somewhere aroung 70-80 slayer. and a good defence and attack level will help but are not requirements. if you are combat level 80-90 i recommend using prayer pots and lobsters and from 70-79 using sharks, and for 69 and lower using rocktails and many prayer pots to get a whip re-obtained by an abyssal demon for your pking usage. PM me if you have any questions
If you recommend using lobsters, you don't know what your talking about. 22.214.171.124 17:57, July 14, 2011 (UTC)
. 126.96.36.199 22:41, July 9, 2011 (UTC) Vid Pwner
Whip made out of silver?
I am reading the novel RuneScape: Return to Canifis and a character named Greagor weilds a "coiled whip" made out of "silver and having black bands along its length." Could this be referring to an Abyssal Whip?
01:41, December 22, 2012 (UTC)
I understand this is all in the works right now, but I want to see if there's a possibility that the damage rating is related to level, since I'm seeing 756 (84 attack and strength). Anyone have different? KurosakisTwin (talk) 11:02, November 20, 2012 (UTC) I derped out. Did not realize it was a number plus level. KurosakisTwin (talk) 11:24, November 20, 2012 (UTC)
Possible design change?
Since Jagex is going to change the appereance of the abby demons, there might also be a design change for the whip. Who knows.
188.8.131.52 23:51, February 9, 2013 (UTC)