rewards? does anyone know them?184.108.40.206 13:10, October 20, 2009 (UTC)
- On the official forums, people are mentioning Cloaks being the reward -- No word yet on what they do. Regabuh (talk) (contribs) 13:19, October 20, 2009 (UTC)
Same thing I heard. I just want someone to finish these diaries, and then post them here!!! I can't at all :( I love Twilight. 13:22, October 20, 2009 (UTC)
rewards are capes, they teleport you around churches on ardougne Ah, makes sence. Thanks! I love Twilight. 13:26, October 20, 2009 (UTC)
Ok, somebody on the official forums said the reward for the first cape is a free teleport to monastery, and a better chance to thieve from stalls. I'm not gonna add it into the article yet, however, because I think more verification is needed. Plus, details such as which stalls (everywhere or only Ardougne?) aren't stated. QFC for those interested: 15-16-194-59761180, pg 5. Regabuh (talk) (contribs) 14:02, October 20, 2009 (UTC)
I can confirm the teleport Lpfreaky90 2 14:05, October 20, 2009 (UTC)
I'm doing all tasks at the moment (exept hard). --Zorak plorak 14:35, October 20, 2009 (UTC)
Level 4 cloak?
Does completing the elite tasks reward you with a level 4 cloak? It'd follow a pattern. Zigzagzigal 14:48, October 21, 2009 (UTC)
- The official game guide does mention that completing elite tasks gives an upgraded ardougne cloak. Not giving Ardy cloak 4 for those tasks would be really mean.
14:53, October 21, 2009 (UTC)
- Never mind. There is no ardy cape 4... HERE guy says he completed all tasks including elite, but praises ardy cape 3 14:58, October 21, 2009 (UTC)
Ardougne diary is members only.
Can someone comfirm this?
75 runecrafting, (pouch)
82 thiefing,(yanille dungeon door)
81 fishing. (Manta ray)
seems shocking high to me (specially that 93 summoning)
Lpfreaky90 2 16:34, October 20, 2009 (UTC)
- I hope its not true. This is absolutely the WRONG way to add elite level content into the game. Players do this once and then their high skills are useless again. 16:35, October 20, 2009 (UTC)
- Uhm.. that's true for *all* achievement diary tasks, why should this be any different for high level players? WPatriot 20:19, October 20, 2009 (UTC)
I still have to wait for my watermelons, so I can't check it yet :( Lpfreaky90 2 16:40, October 20, 2009 (UTC)
The extreme diary sounds a bit fishy to me. 220.127.116.11 18:17, October 20, 2009 (UTC)
Yea, I can confirm the existence of the Elite diary. It only becomes available after the completion of the Hard diary, and those tasks listed on the main page are legitimate. Repatriator 19:10, October 20, 2009 (UTC)
Same for me: I can now confirm the elite diary... what an amazing surprise... 130 combat and 1960 total ain't by far enough o_O Lpfreaky90 2 22:14, October 20, 2009 (UTC)
Gives a white, saradomin icon on the floor, then gives some white light from there and then you start lifting, like in a normal teleport, while slightly leaning back. Lpfreaky90 2 16:37, October 20, 2009 (UTC)
Getting sand from Bert
Speaking to Bert via NPC Contact will not tick-off the task, you have to speak to him in person. Just a warning. Hay 15:05, October 20, 2009 (UTC)
Should the Ardougne cloaks have a capital 'C' in cloaks? Other diary items don't. Lcfc101 15:54, October 20, 2009 (UTC)
To answer my own question, it shouldn't have a capital 'C'. Checked in Quick Chat. Lcfc101 16:01, October 20, 2009 (UTC)
easy and med rewards
here is what i got: an argougne cloak you have a higher chance of succeding when theifing from stalls 200 death runes per cat and you get a prayer boost in cw also you can get a free teleport to the monostery south of ardy oh and a 1k xp lamp too
meduim rewards gave me a free tele to the farming patch at ardy each day, and pickpocketing is improved and more runes for oorania 7.5k xp lamp, 100 pess a day from cromperty
- I'm curious.... is the pickpocketing bonus stackable with Gloves of silence? It seems like it should be, but not all things of this nature work in this way. --Robert Horning 18:32, October 20, 2009 (UTC)
Must you finish the whole elite diary to get the 50k xp lamps? I think this is the case, but it'd be nice if you could get a lamp after doing just one or two tasks.19:58, October 20, 2009 (UTC)
- What I want to know is can we be Assisted by players with the requisite levels to get the Elite rewards? --nekobawt 21:05, October 20, 2009 (UTC)
- Almost certainly not.
21:08, October 20, 2009 (UTC)
- Very unlikely as you can't be assisted for other achievement diaries. 10:40, October 21, 2009 (UTC)
- Almost certainly not.
If I may ask, how many teleports does each cape other than the elite one give daily? If it is finite or otherwise, please clarify this. As I am no longer a member, I fear I myself have not yet started the diary but will sure to do so immediately after renewing member credit. Ralnon (talk) 21:15, October 20, 2009 (UTC)
- It depends on the teleport. All cloaks have infinite teleports to the monastery south of Ardougne. Cloak 3 also has a teleport to a farm north of Ardougne, but that is limited to once per day. The elite tasks remove this limit. WPatriot 01:30, October 21, 2009 (UTC)
- Actually it is infinate teleports to the Monastary on all cloaks, 1 teleport to the farm from Cloak 2, and 2 from the Hard. Infinate from elite to the farm.
can boosts be used for any of the tasks?
Typically boosts can be used but the request assist system cannot be used. 18.104.22.168 22:11, October 20, 2009 (UTC)
Rune c'bow breakdown
I'd add this myself, but I'm not wiki enough. Once you start the 'make your own crossbow' task, it shows a breakdown (following is verbatim):
- make sinew
- craft crossbow string
- fletch yew stock
- smith rune limbs
- fletch unstrung yew/rune crossbow
(end verbatim) So you DONT have to: mine coal/rune, kill cow/bear, cut yew, superheat ore to bars -- 23:11, October 20, 2009 (UTC) Wow that's silly. It's all there, it's possible to create everything from exact scratch... 10:08, October 21, 2009 (UTC)
- UPDATE* I would just like to confirm that the c'bow can be made, and counts toward the goal if you use a spicy stew boost. I just completed this portion at 87 smith. -- 23:29, October 24, 2009 (UTC)
- It cannot, however, be assisted. It MUST be you that makes it, and an assist has the other make it. Ordalca (talk) 08:49, April 2, 2013 (UTC)
when entering castle wars, after another player had left and i got their spot, i a message saying that all my work in ardy had payed off, and that the gods where with me. is this another bonus of the cloak? lets you see the open space messages sooner?
2 answer my own question, its the pray bonus. didnt know you would be informed of it.
I think this should be on the main article as it happended to me too =)
-- 09:54, January 5, 2010 (UTC)
- No. And please sign your comments. --
00:27, October 21, 2009 (UTC)
- Actually, I'm not sure. -- 00:28, October 21, 2009 (UTC)
yea people keep adding it to the article but then removing it.Guthix's mage2 00:30, October 21, 2009 (UTC)
the crystal hali doesnt exist, unless it has no required atk/str lvl.
yea because it should be in an elf achievement diary. Guthix's mage2 00:40, October 21, 2009 (UTC)
I found a picture of the Crystal Hally. Link is http://media.photobucket.com/image/Crystal%20Halberd%20runescape/skateilkley/fakes/crystalhally3.png
Next time, try a link that isn't in a directory on photobucket labelled "fakes". It really gives the whole fakeness of it all away... 22.214.171.124 05:58, October 21, 2009 (UTC)
Read discussion to discuss new image for ardougneall tasks and ardougneelite tasks.
10:36, October 21, 2009 (UTC)
The rewards mention "Better chance at getting more runes at Ourania Altar." - has anyone quantified just how much better this is? To3cutt3r 13:40, October 21, 2009 (UTC)
Ourania altar reward
I tested the Ourania altar with Ardougne cape 2 two times:
First time I brought 40 pure essence, I received 44 runes.
Second time I brought 10 pure essence, I received 13 runes (I also checked the xp this time and the 3 bonus runes did not give me RC xp)--Madmarkx 13:46, October 21, 2009 (UTC)
I'm gonna go ahead and guess that each essence has a set % chance to create two runes when wearing the cloak, meaning you can get anything from 40 to 80 runes from 40 essence, similar to Superglass make ~Mortyst
I'm not sure, I would have been very unlucky then (only 4 out of 40 runes doubling, thats 10% and 30% for 3 out of 10). I'll do more tests when I have time and post them here.--Madmarkx 14:41, October 21, 2009 (UTC)
- Some more results:
- 23 Essence = 27 Runes
- 23 Essence = 28 Runes
- 20 Essence = 26 Runes
- 53 Essence = 60 Runes
- That makes the total:
- 169 Essence = 198 Runes (17% extra runes)--Madmarkx 15:05, October 21, 2009 (UTC)
Jagex did update that changed the way rune crafting works resulting in this very thing happening09:56, January 5, 2010 (UTC)
Yes, they did change the way runecrafting works, but there are no extra runes coming from the Ourania altar without completing the medium Ardougne diary.12:59, January 5, 2010 (UTC)
Not sure whats going on, but I keep stealing from the Nature Rune Chest in Ardy and my Diary isn't being updated. Is this some kind of glitch that plagues unlucky players? Allyofpikmin 23:28, October 21, 2009 (UTC)
- I tried to disarm it, but it didn't update my diary. I then commenced to open it without disarming the trap and it updated my diary!
- (05:18, October 22, 2009 (UTC))
While I don't mind having a "walk through" that shows how to quickly earn this cape, one little thing that annoys me is the presumption that everybody who wants to complete this diary already has been through every quest, earned every single skill cape, and is a bored uber-elite player just wanting to quickly go through the motions needed to minimize their time in completing the necessary tasks.
This is a tough nut to crack in terms of how to make this something usable next year. Yes, I know that right now there are a bunch of high-level players who are going through all of the tasks (my member account has all of the levels necessary to complete the hard tasks of this diary, although there are a couple of quests I still have to finish), but within the next month I would argue that 99% of all of the high level players who ever care to complete this diary will have done so. In other words, this walk through is only useful to other players over this next month.
I know this isn't unique to just the Ardougne diary, but I am suggesting that we could raise the standard here and then re-do some of the other similar walk throughs on the other achievement diaries as well using similar standards. I'm suggesting to do this while the community attention is focused on this particular article so we can get it right.
I've thought about perhaps separating the walk throughs based on level of difficulty (easy, medium, hard, elite) but having four different walk throughs doesn't seem right either.
I know I've suggested a problem here with no solution. I am seeking others who might have a solution to this issue, as I'm sort of out of ideas here, or the ideas I've thought up don't seem to be workable either. Ultimately I'd like to see this guide turn into something that a new member could look at and say "gee, I need to train my magic a bit more before I try this" and be able to know what they need to accomplish before completing each part of the diary. The walkthrough does nothing to help these newer players just starting out. --Robert Horning 12:37, October 22, 2009 (UTC)
only solution i can think of would be some sort of dynamic page where u put in your stats and get out a list of the things u can do in a handy order. But, lets face it, thats not going to happen on wiki any time soon. I think your just going to have to live with the fact that u cant please everyone. Imo a walkthrough takes the fun out of it anyway :P --14:24, October 22, 2009 (UTC)
- That can be done (well, kinda). I have a week off next week, so I can have a shot at it.
- As for the problem, how about the main article have the newish players walkthrough (detailed description of each task and tips for them), and have a subpage (Ardougne Diary/Fast or something) for the players who already have all of the requirements so want the most efficient route between them all? (The page would only list the tasks and things needed to be withdrawn at banks, etc.) @Gaz#7521 15:28, October 22, 2009 (UTC)
After having done the hard diary, you can change your Yanille teleport to central Yanille (just north west of magic guild). This change also effects your house portal, but for some reason not the scrying pool location. Chaning Varrock teleport to GE updates your scrying pool location to GE in contrast to Yanille.
== Defense requirement. =nvm
Recipe for Disaster
It says that you need to have completed Recipe for Disaster to use the teleport into the unicorn pen. I complteted the task while not even starting the quest. I really don't see how it works.00:19, January 13, 2010 (UTC)
summoning task for elite diary
does anyone know why the summoning requirement is so high compared to the other "elite" tasks? 93 in anything is a lot more than 91, and 91 smithing can be achieved with a spicy stew at level 86 smithing. since thieving is next at level 82, and level 86 is about half the experience required to reach level 93, this seems totally disproportionate to all the other "elite" tasks. this is especially strange as summoning is a skill requiring an untradeable, randomly appearing item to get experience. out of the "elite" skills required, it seems that the requirement for summoning is uber rather than just elite
- Because the next lowest monster that holds essence is like level 62 or something. I would think level 62 isn't very elite at all. User:Haloolah123/Sig 22:32, July 6, 2010 (UTC)
- surely there are other tasks that can be done in the area with summoning? or other tasks in general? dose there have to be a task at this level that uses a summoning creature that is only coincidentally used occasionally in this location, and is used just as often at any number of other places? there is already a task like that in the elite section, making 2 runecrafting requirements in the one section of the diary
Make like Penguin Hunting Page
Do you think that this could have a 'Click to highlight' function like on the Distraction and Diversions Locations page? This would be helpful...
- In order to see which tasks you've completed? But can't you see finished ones in your Diary? Suppa chuppa 05:13, July 9, 2010 (UTC)
Chance of making 2 runtie limbs is 5%
This is not a guess, with the update on 24th November, the chance was revealed in the ingame task rewards list. I just thought I'll explain why I updated the diary on rs wiki.
A Gift From Khazard
I have ardounge cloak 2 without doing any of wolf whistle at all. Has this changed since diaries were changed to tasks.126.96.36.199 01:39, November 27, 2010 (UTC)
Vial of Stench False
Vial of stench does not work at the Ardougne stalls. Therefore the guide for the Easy Achievement Diary is wrong. You cannot use the vial to sell the silk back to the silk trader. To someone who can edit properly, can you fix this?
At the top of the page currently is a quest quick guide template. While there is a relavent quick guide, and it should be linked, the fact that this template refers to the Ardougne Tasks as a Quest is wrong, and should be corrected somehow.
If a separate quick guide template could be created instead for task sets rather than quests (or if the current template could be given some sort of formatting option), that would clear up the situation nicely.13:10, June 19, 2015 (UTC)
Catching some Rays: Elite task requirements for Ironmen
The stated requirement for this task is 93 cooking. Because they are playing on an ironman account, there are additional requirements of 73 mining (to mine living minerals), and 90 fishing (for catching a rocktail).