This was released a few hours ago, and the Wiki page is STILL just a copy of the update on the RuneScape homepage... WWTDD? 17:55, October 1, 2009 (UTC)
- So fix it. I'd do it myself but I'm a non member.
18:01, October 1, 2009 (UTC)
- I dunno how to phrase it. :/ WWTDD? 18:26, October 1, 2009 (UTC)
- I've typed up a new article for it. I'll keep working on it though, and I need a picture of the changing name area. Theboy1001 18:42, October 1, 2009 (UTC)
- I'm working on an image, but I just keep getting error messages from FireFox. This feature must really be popular. I kept getting it up a few times but haven't managed to change my name. =/ 19:09, October 1, 2009 (UTC)
- Got an image of the interface and the completed transaction, replaced the names with "player spoof" names and uploaded them. I got to tell you, it took a bloody long time.
21:14, October 1, 2009 (UTC)
- Not fast enough! *deletes* Try again! 21:34, October 1, 2009 (UTC)
- LMFAO! Har har! xD 02:21, October 2, 2009 (UTC)
You weren't the first to have them up btw.
Illy on Sythe had them up before you. [Link removed, as this site has a 'black market' devoted to selling/buying RuneScape accounts, etc.]
184.108.40.206 16:24, October 3, 2009 (UTC)
The page really went together wonderful. I like the pictures that are included in the article and feel that it is worded very well. Thanks to all that put an effort forth to make this page possible in such a short time. Nice work and happy editing --04:46, October 4, 2009 (UTC)
Does anyone know if the display name you choose still sticks with you if your membership ends? Thanks. --IBriian 22:08, October 4, 2009 (UTC)
- I would assume that it does as it could be very difficult if your origional display name is taken when your membership ends. Theboy1001 18:12, October 5, 2009 (UTC)
re NO update this week
There was a twitter message that Runescape was not going to be updated. This was true in the strictest sense. I did not have to reload the game applet for name changes to work. The code in the Runescape game was already present. The changes were to other systems that interface with the game. --Csours 19:28, October 3, 2009 (UTC)
- There goes my hopes of an update for the week. =P I suppose it just gives them time to iron out bugs in any updates they have in store, like more patch fixes. 18:52, October 5, 2009 (UTC)
28 Days Later
Is the limit on how often you can change your name a parody of 28 Days Later? -- 00:10, October 6, 2009 (UTC)
If a user is inactive, will that players display name become available? If so how long does it take? --Aihem 21:38, October 6, 2009 (UTC)
- If a player has never logged into the account, the name become available. I'm not sure how long it takes for the name to be made available. I have created a section on this. I will see if I can find anything about the time limit for inactive accounts. Theboy1001 18:52, October 7, 2009 (UTC)
I know this was supposed to be part of the update, but I've tried changing my display name to a username that I know has never been logged into and I've seen a Jagex mod confirm that inactive usernames weren't part of this update. It wasn't mentioned in the news post, either. Maybe it should be deleted from the article? Pliigi 01:45, October 11, 2009 (UTC)
- I think we should keep it until we have evidence one way or another from Jagex. Theboy1001 19:08, October 12, 2009 (UTC)
When was this announced? I'm looking for the official post stating info about what names will be removed.03:00, February 9, 2012 (UTC)
"Currently people with offensive display names are issued with multiple 3-day mutes, which stack up creating an indefinite mute, while keeping the offensive display name. This is due to slack on Jagex's behalf in implementing their ability to change offensive display names. All appeals are denied systematically, without any form of explanation."
Not very neutral to me.02:12, October 10, 2009 (UTC)
- I agree, that's not very neutral... I'll try to change it. Theboy1001 09:06, October 10, 2009 (UTC)
"It is also popular knowledge , due to a thread that stated that an update was not due on the week of release, that the update was accidental. Ironically, later that day, all players found themselves randomly disconnected from RuneScape on all worlds which could suggest that the last resort solution for Jagex had failed. This then forced Jagex into an early release of the subject."
This isn't entirely neutral either... Theboy1001 09:12, October 10, 2009 (UTC)
Got a question
- Yes. The same applies for the player who had their membership expired, thus they shall have to renew their membership after the hold is over to change it again.
After a player changes his name and then ends his membership. How long after will that players previous name become available?
I've removed the sentence "It takes 500 days for an inactive name to become available for use by another player."
Based on what Mod Stacey had to say on the forums, this isn't the case:
Unfortunately, a lot of names will never become available. Only accounts that had never logged in became available display names. We are not currently reviewing whether or not to open up inactive or banned account names. Hope this clears a few things up.
SwiftrTaylor 08:20, September 1, 2010 (UTC)
I think the part about f2p players with offensive names bveing able to change their names for free should be taken out. I've seen an abnormal number of people with offensive names spamming up cc's asking to be reported, i tihnk it'd be better nto to encourage them...
Also, on the part about there being no way to transfer names, that isn't entirely true... I can be done, it just takes a little bit of time. just some thoughts
I saw someone with the title "sir" added in front of his username, the "sir" was colored orange, when i inquired he said it was a members thing, could anyone help?
- REDIRECT User:Walrus068/Signature 01:25, July 1, 2011 (UTC)
There may be a copyright law on the Jagex logo on the top right-hand corner of the page.
can somebody revert their name and delete the second name off of previous names? Qazwsx753421 10:51, August 22, 2011 (UTC)
I heard you can change you name while still being f2p by buying member's on funorb and not runescape members. But now If you try to upgrade you f2p account you can't select funorb only, you can only pick either runescape or runescape+funorb. So, Is it still possible to just get funorb by itself to change your name and stay f2p?
220.127.116.11 00:05, September 16, 2011 (UTC)
Log in with email
If I created an account before 24 November 2010, but I have my account linked to my email address, could I still log in using my email? I would like to start logging in with my email instead of my username.
- I do not believe so. User:Jr Mime/Signature 23:58, January 10, 2014 (UTC)
- Doubt it would be possible. I have multiple accounts using the same e-mail address so it would never know which one I meant if I filled in that. 02:20, January 12, 2014 (UTC)
Changing 12 character max
The article says that the 12 character max may be changed in the future, but is that just a guess or did one of the mods say it was a possibility. My name on a lot of internet sites is Auxiliatrixie but due to the 12 character max, I am forced to spell it as Auxiliatrixy. Oh, the humanity! —LisaGarland ❤ 05:13, April 21, 2014 (UTC)
The text says: "If a user is inactive (has not been active in a while), their name will eventually become available as a display name if the following conditions are met:..."
Is an account inactive when one of the conditions are met or only if they are all met?
2017 name releases
- 13 March 2017
- A 
- 14 March 2017
- 15 March 2017
- C 
- 16 March 2017
- D 
- 17 March 2017
- E 
- 20 March 2017
- F 
- 21 March 2017
- G 
- 22 March 2017
- H 
- 23 March 2017
- I & J 
- 24 March 2017
- K & L 
- 27 March 2017
- M 
- 28 March 2017
- N & O 
- 29 March 2017
- P & Q 
- 30 March 2017
- R 
- 31 March 2017
- S 
- 3 April 2017
- T 
- 4 April 2017
- U, V & W 
- 5 April 2017
- X, Y & Z 
- 6 April 2017
- 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 
- 7 April 2017
- 5, 6, 7, 8, 9