xp per hour Edit
Someone recently added "At level 99 Hunter, catching Crimson skillchompas using 5 boxtraps and no bait yields around 210,000 experience per hour."
I call that bullshit. For 210k xp you need to catch 466.66. With 99 hunter + Arctic bear I was not able to get ANYWHERE near that. You'd be lucky to get to the mid 300s. --126.96.36.199 20:24, June 23, 2014 (UTC)
- My statistics:
- - witchdoctor set + yaktwee stick (+5% xp) + master tracker aura (+7% success) + arctic bear (on empty world)
- = 420 crimson skillchompas/hour = 420 * 450 * 1,05 = 198,450 xp TypekGLS (talk) 12:31, June 24, 2014 (UTC)TypekGLS
- While <200k sounds a lot better; it should be noted that the current rates are going to be higher than what they will normally be as in the first few days/weeks jagex puts more chimps in there to cope with the higher number of hunters. That amount will be reduced once things cool down and then it can be measured. --188.8.131.52 18:52, June 25, 2014 (UTC)
- I managed to catch 888 of these during a 2 hour aura (enlightment) I started out at lvl 94 with a arctic bear. I ended leveling near the end. During these 2 hours I used a total of 4 arctic bears, went on a 2 minute break one and went banking once. Also I wasn't hunting optimally the whole time regarding picking up boxes and placing them at the same time. I'd say (more than) 450/h should be doable if you know how to hunt and put your back into it. Mid 300s/h is very much on the low side.
- ps. I don't know how to make the paragraph look like a reply if someone would do that for me please?184.108.40.206 12:42, June 27, 2014 (UTC)
- 888 in two hours is 199,800xp/hr which more or less matches TypekGLS' observations and as I said is far more reasonable (<200k) than what was said. --220.127.116.11 07:03, June 29, 2014 (UTC)
- I have managed to get more than 500 catches (225k+ exp/hr) in one hour for several hours in a row, at 97-98 hunter, with an arctic bear and the basic tracker aura. You guys must be doing em wrong or something. Here is a picture of where I place my traps, I highly suggest you try again using these spots. Also, desert camo instead of witchdoctor, which only helps at jadinkos. YewKaril (talk) 13:10, July 24, 2014 (UTC)
How many chins do you use up an hour when skilling with them? 18.104.22.168 11:51, September 4, 2014 (UTC)
- From Quick find code: 15-16-286-65409100
TL;DR +56% faster xp rate at rocktails with any color, negligible boost for any other fish except maybe Cavefish. [Assuming average 120 rocktail an hour, no other boosts, ~1120 consumed]
+36.4% faster xp for crystal trees assuming crimson. [Assuming average 240 successes in an hour, no other boosts, ~1400 consumed]
+16.3% faster xp mining gold ore at the LRCS assuming crimson. [Assuming average 1k gold in an hour, no other boosts, ~2177 consumed]
Skillchompas are affected by bonus xp, including outfits + clan avatar.
No bait needed while fishing.
Azure are the easiest to get for some reason.
I wouldn't bother using them for anything not listed, and I definitely wouldn't use them for mining, but for what they're good for, they're pretty good for. Decent Hunter XP too, if not the greatest.
I recommend you read the section right above this.
Thank you very much! 22.214.171.124 11:15, September 6, 2014 (UTC)
Would someone please add some divination rate of usage? I'd love to use these but I need to know some costs before I literally put all my money into these, so I know if it's actually worth it to put millions into. Thank you in advance 126.96.36.199 07:57, February 12, 2015 (UTC)