The actual minigame by the Lumbridge castle is a horrible way of collecting Divine Tears - I found that mining gold at Living Rock Caverns are a very productive way of collecting them - is there any other quick methods that don't involve wasting time with low xp gains? AFKeying (talk) 13:54, July 23, 2013 (UTC)
Does it reset to 5 if you have over 3k of them on your backbag as rate I have them is is not getting better than 2 at max? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) on 19:57, July 26, 2013.
- I haven't really tried many different skills yet, but Runespan gives you tears now and then. Edit: Almost exactly at the same rate as anagogic ort . -- 14:37, July 23, 2013 (UTC)
- I've seen cleaning herbs give a decent rate--Deltaslug (talk) 20:15, July 26, 2013 (UTC)
Gathering skills and places
Someone removed my addition that Runespan gives you tears, with the comment that they are gathered everywhere. But they are not. I spent a few hours in the Advanced Gnome agility course and didn't get any at all. And if this was true, why leave the other three skills mentioned in the article, and not remove them all? :o --14:31, July 23, 2013 (UTC)
- According to http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/The_Battle_of_Lumbridge they are gathered for the following activities:
- Killing any creature that drops charms.
- IP22.214.171.124 (talk) 15:16, July 23, 2013 (UTC)
- I meant relative to anything runecrafting. The list above was already on the page. MolMan 15:19, July 23, 2013 (UTC)
According to a post on the RSOF, Divine tears that you have in your inventory are not removed when changing factions. Have yet to test it myself, when I change later this week. IP126.96.36.199 (talk) 05:53, July 25, 2013 (UTC)
- I tested this myself, and all Divine tears in my inventory remained before, during and after having changed factions ^^ . Too bad they're not bankable... IP188.8.131.52 (talk) 17:59, July 26, 2013 (UTC)
This is the first day I've had the time to try and cap my divine tears. I'm currently down to the "x1" modifier (2823 tears collected so far), and seem to have dropped getting any tears from NPC kills..? I did deposit several Divine shards earlier, but according to a clanmate, once you've capped, the game will tell you and make you unable to skill on the battlefield; which I can still do. I'm also still, occasionally, getting tears from skilling... Is this normal / has anyone else noticed the same? IP184.108.40.206 (talk) 10:58, July 27, 2013 (UTC)
- So it seems, at the time of the above writing, that I was very close to capping for the day, around the last 50 or so tears. I guess killing NPCs is simply unreliable to get the last few allotted tears? Good to know for tomorrow. IP220.127.116.11 (talk) 13:13, July 27, 2013 (UTC)
Divine tears in Inventory
According to the third post in this RSOF topic, tears in your inventory count towards your cap of the next day? Can anyone confirm or deny this claim? IP18.104.22.168 (talk) 19:22, July 27, 2013 (UTC)
From the last day or two, here are my approximate limits for the multipliers. tested with a dragon token (a gap just means I wasn't paying perfect attention)
|multiplier||lower limit||upper limit|
- While I've never kept that with this much details, they do seem similar to / the same as my experience. Tho, Mol theorised the multiplier actually has a decimal fraction which we don't know; slowing down the rate of tears as you are nearing the next multiplier. I seem to concur with this possibility; this is mostly noticeable around 2800-2900 tears collected, when you are no longer getting 1 tear per action/NPC kill. IP22.214.171.124 (talk) 04:28, July 28, 2013 (UTC)
Dropped tears glitch
i have a screenshot of this, you have to die and let the npc finish them off....
should i post it and caption it? --Death 06:34, July 29, 2013 (UTC)
- I'm not sure if it is worth mentioning; considering killing monsters outside of the battlefield will also yield Divine tears, which do appear in the drop-stack, rather than straight in your inventory. IP126.96.36.199 (talk) 08:13, July 29, 2013 (UTC)
- just wonderin' 'cause some of the pages have glitches in like Trivia or something but okay. --Death 16:31, July 29, 2013 (UTC)
Divine Tears multiplier not resetting?
I am currently a f2p player and I have had an issue with the Divine Tears multiplier not resetting twice since the event started. I heard that it's supposed to reset at midnight UTC, but I remember playing it one day and my tear counter was still 0x from the previous day and the multiplier did not reset until the next day after that. I also collected 1,000+ tears another day, but I left them in my inventory and the counter did not reset for another two days. Is this a glitch or is it happening to everybody? I feel a bit cheated and confused by all this. 188.8.131.52 22:24, July 29, 2013 (UTC)