Move to Dragon platelegs+skirt ornament kit (sp)?
If the page is moved, please inform me later in my talk page. Thanks. User:Azliq7 22:55, August 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Well... how about a dash (-) instead? I say dash cuz you can't put it on both at once and dash is one key and plus sign is SHIFT and a key and I'm very lazy. And put the technical difficulties thing at the top. 23:00, August 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Well I would argue that it shouldn't be a subpage since the likes of abyssal link paints are not classified as subpages, and in fact this item colours dragon platelegs, but is not a type of dragon plateleg in itself. However, I will admit that not being able to read certain characters is a problem, although the current page is undoubtedly the correct item name. Henneyj 15:01, August 7, 2010 (UTC)
- oh I get it, its a subpage BECAUSE of the name. Yeah that is a problem. I'm guessing you can move it and still keep the infobox and exchange page with a / so i guess that makes sense.Henneyj 15:06, August 7, 2010 (UTC)
Support move - Per above reasons. I'm a regular user and I approve this message.
Support - It really shouldn't be a sup-page.09:28, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
@Evil: We can use redirects. AFAIK, our convention is to replace slashes (/) with plus signs (+). Some update pages were stored this way.
@Henneyj: The Exchange page and the its GEMH images is one of the reasons why we need to move these two pages.
Because the item name contains a slash, AzBot cannot create the GEMH images due to the slash being a reserved characters. (Currently, the images are stored in File:GEMH Dragon platelegs+skirt ornament kit (sp).png and File:GEMH Dragon platelegs+skirt ornament kit (or).png.) For the infobox to correctly display the GEMH image and to link to the Exchange page, the infobox must match the filename. And since the slash classifies the page as subpage, it would be better to simply move the article as well. Then, we should put a notice at the top of the article stating the correct item name, and use redirects from the actual item name. User:Azliq7 05:27, August 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Would Dragon platelegs & skirt ornament kit (sp) work? 05:28, August 14, 2010 (UTC)
Support move to Dragon platelegs & skirt ornament kit (sp) - better than +, as + looks like a calculation, and & litterally means "Et" in Latin, which means "and" instead of "plus". —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Joeytje50 (talk).
Support - Per above. Suppa chuppa 08:24, August 18, 2010 (UTC)
Support "-" - I like it way more than + or &.03:15, August 19, 2010 (UTC)
Comment - Could it be possible to put just the infobox for the item on the page, and transclude it onto the article page? So the infobox will have the correct gemw information, while it remaining on original page. User:TyA/sig 20:38, August 22, 2010 (UTC)
- there's a new parameter in the infobox, gemwname, so you can change where the gemw data is pulled from by specifying the page name without the Exchange:. Its being used on Sweetcorn (bowl), where the in-game name is "Sweetcorn", thus that is in the "name" field, so to prevent the exchange field from pulling info from Exchange:Sweetcorn, gemwname must be set to "Sweetcorn (bowl)" since the exchange data is stored at Exchange:Sweetcorn (bowl). 21:07, August 22, 2010 (UTC)
- Oh, well, if we put the template on the page we could have the bot update it from there, and then let it reflect upon the current page. As for it being a subpage, does it really matter? =o That's how the item appears in game I'm assuming User:TyA/sig 21:22, August 22, 2010 (UTC)
- So could we create the exchange page at legs+skirt and keep the page with the same name? Henneyj 15:25, August 30, 2010 (UTC)
Closed - Articles will NOT be moved, but the exchange pages and their GEMH images will be renamed using the ampersand sign (&) [instead of the plus sign (+) as per the proposal]:
- Exchange:Dragon platelegs/skirt ornament kit (sp) -> Exchange:Dragon platelegs & skirt ornament kit (sp)
- Exchange:Dragon platelegs/skirt ornament kit (or) -> Exchange:Dragon platelegs & skirt ornament kit (or)
User:Azliq7 07:28, September 4, 2010 (UTC)