Special on Kalphite Queen?
Whip vs d'Scim
"If you put the the abyssal whip and the dragon scimitar to the test, you would discover that the whip can hit harder, but when you talk about accuracy of the hits, dragon scimitar is actually bit more accurate." -- What? 184.108.40.206
I always saw people with roughly the same stats as me hitting 20s with a whip while i was hitting occasional 18s and a 10 very rarely with the scimi. So i got bored of this and went to the ge and bought myself a new toy --- the whip. I started using it and it works like a charm! I'm hitting constant 23s with it. It says in this article that a scimitar is more accurate then a whip. What? FYI the whip has +82 slash while the scimi has +67 (the stabbing attack on the scimi is a joke) and testing them out i hit much more often with a whip. But until i save for an ss ill be stuck with scimi for str training. --220.127.116.11 03:44, 29 March 2009 (UTC)
second best one-handed weapon?
"Due to its speed, the dragon scimitar is arguably the second best one-handed weapon in the game, behind the Abyssal whip, and is used to train strength, as the whip does not have an aggressive option." (dont forget korasi's sword)
I disagree, even though the speed is better than the dragon longsword and battleaxe, if it someone was fighting against a plated warrior, the would not hit very well and if they hit with a dragon battleaxe, they would hit much better. If someone is fighting against someone wearing chainbody, the longsword would be a better since the scimmy is terribly inaccurate in stabbing. The scimmy is only better in slashing leather and cloth armours. Rune445566 02:52, 27 October 2007 (UTC) Negetive, even then the Scimitar can hit twice while the battleaxe hits once, Ive defeated a person above my level with full rune and a d scimitar, and he had similar but with a battleaxe and a few obby stuff. Sanoharada
- It's a matter of opinion, so I suppose that that excerpt should be excluded for the sake of neutrality. --Themurasame 02:56, 27 October 2007 (UTC)
- Whoever wrote that part didn't know about Vesta's Longsword
- Also, it depends on what situation you are in. No one would try to use an abyssal whip or dragon scimi for ranged or mage.
- Sorry, forgot to sign ^^^ 10:47, July 10, 2011 (UTC)
- No because NPC's are currently too retarded to figure out how to use prayer....well....actually...Sigmund used prayer I think....as for the KQ....I doubt it....just stick to using it to pwn nubs or do some old fashioned barbaric raping and pillaging of Varrock. Erwin Schrodinger 09:14, 6 December 2007 (UTC)
Superkid711 21:55, 5 February 2008 (UTC)
Best weapon in your opinion?
Hey! I was just wondering how many of you RuneScape players think the "Dragon Scimitar" is the best weapon in the game?
Please sign in to vote. Thanks.
15:04, 4 June 2008 (UTC)
Edited by: Way2Acid
I think that the dragon scimitar is the best one handed weapon that can train strength, the whip being better. As for the actual best weapon, it cannot nearly compete with godswords and the sara sword. IanGR
Special in the Past?
The dragon scimitar's special was different a few years ago. Does anyone remember what it was? --Cone 63 16:25, 26 August 2008 (UTC)
I'm pretty sure it used to disable your opponent from running for 10 seconds. Evil Within 19:06, June 26, 2012 (UTC)
does monkey madness need to be done to get a d scim as a drop?
- No Sernions 03:16, 25 October 2008 (UTC)
no, they're not a drop from cockroaches--Qazwsx753421 02:12, December 5, 2010 (UTC)
What in the world drops these?
According to this. http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarticle.ws?article_id=636
The Dragon Scimitar is in the list of coinshare items. And conveniently the cockroach soldiers came out right at about the same time as this list. But if they don't drop it, then what monster in multiway combat DOES?--Kodeman76 14:43, 6 April 2009 (UTC)
- Dragon scimitar require a quest to wield (Monkey madness). So its not logical for it to be a drop. --Bp vital 12:03, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
- Then please explain why dragon longswords, dragon daggers, and dragon claws are drops if they require quests to complete them?18.104.22.168 16:54, June 17, 2010 (UTC)
- Because Jagex isn't consistent enough to care (i don't blame them). 10:52, July 10, 2011 (UTC)
Does anything drop this?18:07, September 3, 2009 (UTC)
Jagex should change the way you hold it
I think that the main reason that the dragon scimitar now looks ugly is because of the way you hold it. I reckon that it would actually look all right if it were held horizontally instead of it being completely upright.
Revenant dragons can drop dragon scimitars according to this article.
All the revs drop the same things, check the rev imp artile if you don't believe me.10:56, July 10, 2011 (UTC)
- It can't be since it requires the completion of Monkey Madness, which is entirely set in Members areas. You're probably thinking of the corrupt dragon scimitar. Suppa chuppa 19:48, June 15, 2010 (UTC)
Thumbs up to whoever added the giant picture! The ENTIRE wiki needs more of those is possible =) SorionHex 06:33, August 8, 2010 (UTC)
About this Image...
[[File:Future dragon scimitars.png]]
what's the source on this file? I'm kind of curious as to where it came from. --Ih8pkmn 22:21, September 15, 2010 (UTC)
- That's a very good question... 22:26, September 15, 2010 (UTC)
Clarification on "old special"?
If anyone knows what the old "intended special attack" was, could you please edit the note and add the info. 22.214.171.124 09:45, January 2, 2011 (UTC)
The old special attack prevented the target from using run. It also had a glitch, which it shared with the Abyssal Whip and Granite Maul, where the attack would either hit max or zero (and yes, that was a glitch for the Whip and Maul too).
Pictures of the old colours
The detailed picture still is the old graphical one, also the one in th item desciption box is looking rather old - to me. Am I correct?18:51, August 22, 2011 (UTC)
Why the odd colour?
Btw, why did the colour chance (from 'dragon metal'-colour to 'dragon faceas'-colour?18:51, August 22, 2011 (UTC)
Scimitar vs Longsword
Why the hell is this article so positive about longsword? I can't think of a single situation where you would ever want to use longsword over scimitar , it completely sucks.
Also , brackish blade > d long. And it has a great stab without requiring a quest.
Dragon scimitar made by monkeys?
According to Zeke, scimitars are made by monkeys. Any theories on this? Would it be true, or just something that Zeke thinks? 13:26, December 10, 2011 (UTC)