- Sure... if you want to open the map ingame to figure out where exactly it is. Which is slow and annoying. Being able to lookup the location in a second tab is much more efficient. IP126.96.36.199 (talk) 16:46, October 8, 2013 (UTC)
Wow. Xp rates for this are pretty low for a high level tree; I did them for an hour this morning, and got 33k experience and 103 elder logs. I'm at lvl 92 woodcutting, using a dragon hatchet. I think what slows it down is having to move from tree to tree. It seems to have about the same cut rate as magic trees, but having to move around makes it slower. Matchgirl42 (talk) 17:03, October 8, 2013 (UTC)
I've been cutting elder trees for about an hour with another group of players, and some of them longer than that, and they all agree that none of us have seen hide nor hair of a bird's nest. could it be possible that this tree doesn't provide a chance of the player finding one?
97 z71 (october 8, 2013)188.8.131.52 17:41, October 8, 2013 (UTC)
I just got a ruby ring bird's nest drop chopping elder trees; I had been chopping for like an hour without a rabbit's foot.
Juju Woodcutting Potion
Does the banking ability of the wood spirits work on elder logs?
I can photoshop out the background of the tree image if anyone wants me too.
- The trees have a unique quality in which they are individually cut instead of shared between players. After 5 minutes of continued chopping, the tree is depleted of branches and becomes unavailable to the player on all worlds until it regrows. It takes roughly 10 minutes of in-game time for the tree to completely regrow.
- With the release of the trees, a blank white area appeared next to the Exiled Kalphite Hive, which contained many Elder trees, crystal trees, elder pyre logs and funeral pyres. This was used to test the new trees before release
Were originally cited but the referenced threads were deleted. ɳex undique 18:43, November 24, 2013 (UTC)
- That has already been noticed and is mentioned here. Also, it was 11/12/13 game time (UTC). Temujin 06:27, December 12, 2013 (UTC)
- It is likely this removal is due to the current world event. So it may only be temporary. 21:27, December 12, 2013 (UTC)
Changing total amounts?
The wiki page for Elder trees says that some players at level 91 can get up to 14 from a single tree, and between 2-8 (it's in parentheses).
This is obviously wrong since I've chopped three down now and have gotten about 10 each, and one tree gave me 17.
I don't know if they're going by average or by max, but there seems to be something up with the numbers, OR I'm simply very lucky. Also, I'm level 91 woodcutting. Darkrai145 (talk) 17:38, December 24, 2014 (UTC)