Each food having its own page
I strongly agree with the idea of having one page for each food... and a master chart in the cooking page--BURNTICEJ 03:24, 27 February 2009 (UTC)
I don't really think the different foods are needed... Dreadnoughttalk 18:14, 5 November 2006 (UTC)
I've added the charts of the different foods although it is not complete...
If you have to make a box for every food in the game this page is going to be huge. --Wowbagger421 01:32, 25 April 2007 (UTC)
i am aware of that and i counted only 57 player made foods so it wont be too many pages. I think it will only take me 2 days and a lot of my free time. lol......
I don't think you should continue. 13:43, 25 April 2007 (UTC) People's computer will be slow.
Why don't you just make a chart or table?
- I disagree. The short table here is quite helpful for quick comparison of common choices, and there's no need to force people to look through the whole table on another page. 18.104.22.168 20:19, 1 March 2009 (UTC)
- I agree with the usefulness of the table, specially for newbies. But I think that it, small as is, is too bulky for this quick page. Furthermore. It presents food that I cannot eat (members only). And, if you add too many choices and info, it will become the cooking-section-main-table!
- If ANYONE agrees, I may add a "click here for a quick reference table" button that shows the table, and just hide it by default. How do you like that possibility?--Burnticej http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/4443/silverv.jpg 23:34, 1 March 2009 (UTC)
- That sounds like a good compromise, but I don't think the page is very bulky compared to a lot of other wiki pages, see any skill page for a comparison. Without the table I think the page has no worthwhile content.
- Also I don't see why the main table should be in cooking, which should surely be for cooked foods, when food is after all, food.
- Can there really be a more appropriate page for it?
- The beauty of the wiki system is that most of the times, it simply works. I do think that the table .is not. worthy content. But, let it be there unless somebody else thinks that way, too. :) RIP--Burnticej http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/4443/silverv.jpg 00:44, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
22.214.171.124 19:12, 2 March 2009 (UTC)
I mean, there's lots of tables out there, whyany not use one here? Like columns picture, name, cook lvl, hp, bites, cook xp, notes, where to get, etc. Mathwhiz90601 04:53, 3 May 2007 (UTC)
I think a list of commonly used foods (top 10 or 20 foods) would be useful. People can refer to the cooking page if they want a list of all cookable foods. And, yes I agree with comment that a table would be much better. Amaurice talk 11:47, 3 May 2007 (UTC)
- Which template is suppose to be used for food? Item or food? I've seen both used on different pages and both seem to work in conjunction with the cooking chart. Carbonite 0
I tried to address the neutral point of view issue. Lets try not to recommend anything over any other thing (shark over lobster, e.g.) I prefer lobsters for training :)--Burnticej 04:17, 27 February 2009 (UTC)
Food for Defence?
I have lvl 96 combat and in all my experiences with taking food into combat, I've found that it seems as if food plays a role in defence. It seems as if having more or better food with me results in me taking less damage. I tend to use the last few food items more quickly as the "effect" lessens. There have been times when I would bring an inventory full or half full of food and get hit very little, and then return with no food to the same monsters and get damaged to the point of danger. Has anyone else had similar experiences or is this simply coincidence?14:09, February 20, 2010 (UTC)
I have had experiences like this (happened at basilisks once), but I'm pretty sure it's just coincidence. I highly doubt food actually plays a role in defence. Gaga654 - a ProudQcOwner 20:52, January 24, 2011 (UTC)
I think you're misconcepting the role of defence. The point of Defence is to decrease the chance of an opponent hitting you. As my defence level grew, I used less food per trip as it is because my defence is higher- I doubt that food plays a role in defence. SpineTalk 21:53, January 24, 2011 (UTC)
"Food can be obtained through the PKing skill"
I think this is incorrect, since there is no PKing skill. Caagr98 20:16, November 21, 2012 (UTC)
- Whenever you come across one of these, you can edit it out. 20:19, November 21, 2012 (UTC)
Issue with how healing is calculated
For the most part, the max healing equation for food seems to be correct, but I'm running into a couple pieces of food that aren't following it, namely curry and monkfish. My Constitution is 71 at the moment, and though every other high healing food item heals only 1136, which follows the equation, curry and monkfish are healing for their max amount of 1200 and 1240 respectively. Is anyone else running into anything similar?Wintercoat (talk) 08:31, November 27, 2012 (UTC)
- I'm having the same issue, I believe the formula could be your constitution level multiplied by twenty. 01:24, November 29, 2012 (UTC)Dp-tas-tic (im usually in Zezima FC
We already know that each food heals 16 * Constitution level (except a few anomalies where food heals more), but no more than some MAX and no less than some MIN, where MIN and MAX are constant for the type of food. MAX values are well known for food - this is what the table contains, but MIN are not. This affects especially new players with low constituion level - they will be rather interested in minimum healing value, not maximum.
What I would change in the table is:
- Add a column with minimum healing amount
- Remove column "Notes"
- Information there often have no value, like "Players fish and cook these for food."
- All these information is on individual food pages
- Information abouts boosts etc.? User is looking for healing on this page. If he was interested in boosts he would go to the skill page and look in boosts category
- Information like Shark's Tooth Necklace can be in the "Heals" column (as it already is)
- Add a column "Bites" or "Heals per bite"
Maybe add a column with level for full healing?
126.96.36.199 10:28, August 4, 2013 (UTC)
Table Sorting issues
The table of food can't be sorted properly. 188.8.131.52 05:37, March 2, 2017 (UTC)