I don't think that matters, does it? It's clear and usefull information, but offcourse, I can be incorrect. Why don't you create a new page? :) Joetjah 19:30, 6 August 2007 (UTC)
- Yes, it matters. And why would I create a new page when this is it? You expect a "Clan Chat (2)" page or something? -.- The stuff here has to be rewritten, not copied off the RS site. ChristineTalk 19:40, 6 August 2007 (UTC)
get started then :) Joetjah 19:43, 6 August 2007 (UTC)
Allright, i'm sorry I've ever made this page, feel free to contact someone of Wikia to delete it, I'm done here.. Bye!184.108.40.206 19:57, 6 August 2007 (UTC)
- I'm just commenting, I don't mean to be angry. Chiafriend12I have 12 friends. 20:26, 6 August 2007 (UTC)
I've added a notice at the top of the article about plagiarism. Hope that helps. Earthere 21:13, 6 August 2007 (UTC)
in the Rules about the fansites ( im not telling this is a fansite, just that the same rules apply) they say that the content must not be copied from the RS website, you should have put the link --Jigo22 21:43, 6 August 2007 (UTC)
- Indeed I should have but 1. I'm not proficient with Wiki code and 2. The problem seems to be resolved. Special Thanks to Skill. =) Earthere 23:16, 6 August 2007 (UTC)
Here Is The List Of Some Popular clan chat:
Armoursummon- Singapore clan chat
Light Arcana- A moderated Runescape help and assistance clan chat.
I see no reason why we cant put this list of clan chats on the article. user:4nthr4x
If we added such a thing, everyone would want their clan chat on the list, and so we'd be reverting edits all day, everyday. It's like how we don't allow articles on players. Chiafriend12I have 12 friends. 20:25, 16 January 2008 (UTC)
- RS:PLAYERS only does not allow articles on players being made. Players can be mentioned. It doesn't matter if we revert edits, just undo and tell the IP to stop spamming, or block it. I think the list would help the article. User:C Teng/sig 17:52, 29 July 2008 (UTC)
- That's what the directory on the official forums is for. I don't think that any clan chat is more notable than another and deserves advertisement. A vanity list isn't necessary and is only one step below a vanity page. Unlike some wikis, we actually have quality standards here as to what is acceptable in articles. Dtm142 18:02, 29 July 2008 (UTC)
- Also, there is another problem with posting clan chats. If I were running my own clan, I sure wouldn't want people putting it in a list of clans. From my experience in other clans, players who join just because of a clan being called "super-awesome" or "popular" in many cases (not all, mind you, but many) wish only to spam in that clan or otherwise cause disruptions. Personally, I don't like having to add people to ignore lists and know it can take time, so I think that's something most people would like to avoid. Also, I'd do whatever I could to keep it private, so it's where I can hang out with friends, not spammers. Plus, you really should ask permission from the owner before adding a clan to such a list, just to be polite. Oh, btw, the "Runescape" clan no longer exists. I've removed it from the mini-list list so no one gets confused.
mod ash's clan chat is open to. but you cant talk. 220.127.116.11 13:29, 18 February 2008 (UTC)
"If a player is kicked from the chat, the player will be able to rejoin if everyone has left the clan chat. People might call this as "Resetting cc" because anyone who has accidentally or intentionally kicked will be able to rejoin the chat."
Shouldn't it be mentioned that they can rejoin after an hour if the clan chat doesn't empty as stated in the Runescape database? I'm new to this site so I didn't edit. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk).
- I've added it to the article. It seems strange that we didn't have that, thank you. Dtm142 23:21, 27 July 2009 (UTC)
"NPCs that Have Clan Chats" section
Is this really necessary? NPCs do not have clan chats. Players who randomly decide to copy NPCs' names do.
- REDIRECT User:Urbancowgurl777/Signature 06:12, August 17, 2010 (UTC)
I think someone should add a link to this site:
instead of that jagex thread cause it's way more useful
We want to keep the Runescape Wiki encyclopedic by not adding links to other fansites/wikis in its articles, and try to only use JaGEx quotations. Also please remember to sign your posts, even if it's an IP address. Sergeant Hailfire 11:52, October 20, 2010 (UTC)
Clan chat "glich' possible cause
"On 10 January 2011, about 2 minutes before the system update, a glitch caused every player to be 'kicked' from all chats, and everybody received the message "You leave the channel". There was no waiting time to get back into the clan chats, and the cause of this glitch was unknown." Though I can't back it up, I believe this could have been because they were installing the clan update on the clan server. They would then have to shut it down, and thus close down all clan chat.Sundays211 23:52, January 11, 2011 (UTC)
New clan chat update
On April the 12th, when the new clan chat system is introduced, I suggest that this page be renamed to whatever they decide to call the old clan chat (I heard "friends chat" a while back, but this may have changed), while a new page is added for the new clan chat system. Instead of everyone adding to this page, and effectivly shifting all the information from this page into a new one.Sundays211 04:58, March 24, 2011 (UTC)
Renaming of page
Since Jagex has re-named the in-game clan chat to "friends chat", I thought it was apropriate to change the name of this page. Also, it gives people some time to get used to it before the next update introduces the new clan chat. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Sundays211 (talk) on 05:03, 5 April 2011 (UTC).
vandalism on 5/12/15 can't seem to be reverted, I tried but I think I made it worse.--User:Heavyoak/Signature 09:25, May 12, 2015 (UTC)