more griffon then dragon?
the shape of the head, the height of the beast on it's legs. he looks like a griffon wearing blue dragonhide to me (although the red dragon from the Unstable Foundations looks fine, i don't know what makes me say this) rida81 22:03, April 19, 2010 (UTC)
- It's just a bad angle, it looks exactly like a dragon when you are next to it. HaloTalk 22:06, April 19, 2010 (UTC)
Requesting that the page gets locked in the meantime except for registered posters. The page has been and is being constantly vandalised. 22.214.171.124 15:00, July 19, 2010 (UTC)DH I agree, except we dont have to start over, just lock editing by people who hasnt been a registered member on RS Wikia for atleast a month and clean it up from there, its sad t see a page get vandalised from idiots who are probally trying to cause people to see obscene things, just like that time in the Nomad's Requiem guide... Plucky9 The Frost Dragon Info Box needs to be edited to the RS Wikia Standards...AronShun 15:11, July 19, 2010 (UTC) I kill them by using extremes, turmoil, soulsplit, chaotic rapier and tort. It is do-able if you take 1000 extra lp in food. I net around 2.5M/h.
Cannons seem a waste of spot to me. Perhaps having a house portal nearby is better than draynor village tele?...i3luei3all
Actually, cannons will double your kills allowing you to go from 60 frost drags/trip to 120 frost drags/trip. i know this because i was cheap and refused to cannon them in the beginning... after cannoning on one trip, i will never go back to the old way lol
Do we have proof of this drop? It seems unlikely to me that it would drop an item of such magnitude at it's low level, so any proof would be helpful...
21:31, July 19, 2010 (UTC)
- Skeletal wyverns have lower combat levels than frost dragons, yet they drop visages. Frost dragons are probably harder to defeat than iron or steel dragons (since they use magic as well and traditional dragonfire and melee), and they are harder to gain access to because of the level 85 Dungeoneering requirement. It is very possible that they can drop visages, but I would like to see proof as well. 21:58, July 19, 2010 (UTC)
- I second this question; is there any part of the knowledge base that says it drops vissies?
- Edit: I just checked the knowledge base under 'Extra features - Smithing'; it still says "Draconic visages are rare drops from dragons (only adult black, iron, steel and mithril, and the King Black Dragon) and skeletal wyverns."
- So it would seem that frost dragons don't drop vissies. Although I admit it could just be an oversight, delete vissies from the drop list for now until we see proof? -Eut 21:43, July 19, 2010 (UTC)
- They do drop them, there was a picture of a jagex mod saying they do on here but it seems to be gone now. i'll look in the history of this page tomowrow morning to find it(its midnight and i have to sleep for work now).Hasaan5 23:30, July 19, 2010 (UTC)
- A player received a visage drop from frost dragons. His adventure log page can be found here. Please delete this link if I shouldn't have posted it. Ty Lathow 01:20, July 20, 2010 (UTC)
Why is the visage only "rare"? Is it easier to get visage from this dragon than other types of dragons? The half keys and rune daggers are "very rare", so visage is less rare than a rune dagger from this dragon? Just wondering because it looks weird :p 03:21, July 22, 2010 (UTC)
correct only mithril dra´gon drops more often.
The drop log which is referred to, existed before the frost dragons came into the game. Contradiction? Why?! 16:25, October 14, 2010 (UTC)
I just got a visage drop like 5 minutes ago i dont know how to post links but my adventures log is fear bravery
I went ahead and started killing these dragons for one hour yesterday, and I made about 1.5 million coins purely from their bones. I would imagine that a level 138 player with extreme potions, turmoil, a chaotic rapier, and all that good stuff would make more than 3 million coins per hour. Right now, killing frost dragons may be among the best solid method of moneymaking.14:20, July 20, 2010 (UTC)
I don't want to be rude but there is no proof about 1/850 drop rate lol Lathow 18:43, July 20, 2010 (UTC)
- Correction... i have just aquired a draconic visage through Frost Dragons. 1/850 sounds about right for a ratio. ~Taylor~
- There isn't. Suppa chuppa 18:45, July 20, 2010 (UTC)
No section for that? I've got just about 1k kills with charm drops kept seperately (which haven't left my invy since I started, actually ^^)
So, whenever it's up.-Eut 18:56, July 20, 2010 (UTC)
- Update: About to try something else and need to clear it; I'll leave the numbers here.
- Gold: 231; Green: 685; Crim: 254; Blue: 51.
Total: 1427 -Eut 04:20, July 21, 2010 (UTC)
What's this frost mask in other drops? It's not showing up on the GE, quick chat or forums. Does it exist or just someone playing a joke? Ergori 17:39, July 26, 2010 (UTC)
Nvm, it's almost definitely a fake, I've been going through the edits by that contributor, he's a vandal. Ergori 17:47, July 26, 2010 (UTC)
could frost dragons be related to their neighbors skeletal wyverns? ;-)
I know this may be hard to believe, but they do occasionally drop 1,337 coins at a time. If others could confirm this as well, that would be appreciated.13:47, August 2, 2010 (UTC)
yup, this was an intentional joke on jagex's part '1337' looking like 'leet'
- What's you proof? 14:46, November 23, 2010 (UTC)
- The login glitch where some of your stats flash to 120? Proof enough.
It's possible to completely nullify the dragonbreath by praying mage and using an antifire pot, allowing you to use a 2h weapon or a rune defender. 126.96.36.199 00:13, September 7, 2010 (UTC)
This works for all dragons and is an intended game mechanic. 188.8.131.52 02:05, September 8, 2010 (UTC)
No, no it isnt considering a super antifire isnt needed. I tried the same thing with iron dragons and blue dragons and quickly died. 184.108.40.206 04:03, September 12, 2010 (UTC)
folks don't try this unless you have 85 herby for super antifire pots or you will become toast without an antidragon breath shield.
I use dragon defender all the time there, i pray mage and take a sip of antifire pot (plain) I doubt it's a glitch.
never seen one in over 5k frost drag kills
4 Magic Seeds
Just got as a RoW drop; i'd add them to the table, but I have no idea how to use it. 220.127.116.11 07:40, March 16, 2011 (UTC)
Profit/hr with no pack yak?
I was wondering how much money I could make per hour without a pack yak. Here are some of my stats:
- 99 Attack
- 99 Strength
- 89 Defence
- 97 HP
- 81 Ranged (I could get this up)
- 68 Summoning
Thanks a ton!
18.104.22.168 23:25, March 26, 2011 (UTC)
Just right now, I got a Snapdragon Seed from a Frost Dragon. I noticed it was not on the drop table though...My ring of wealth did indeed shine, but I also checked the drop tables and a Snap Seed is not part of it. Just to let you know, I guess...
- Added to Rare drop table. It's still kind of new so it's incomplete. 23:58, April 21, 2011 (UTC)
Hey guys i just noticed that the trivia says that the frost dragons are the only monster exclusive to a resource dungeon. This is not true since "A Clockwork Syringe" came out. Remove plz? :)
I have changed it, if anyone else feels like something needs to be changed then please do :)
18:09, July 12, 2011 (UTC)
"Jagex have said that they plan to update the Frost dragon lair."
Whoever added this needs to add a source/cite. For now I'm going to remove it because this seems like a rumour. Ff7hb 05:13, July 22, 2011 (UTC)
- Not a rumour anymore due to todays update. Primal Link 20:20, October 17, 2011 (UTC)
- Indeed...most parts of the article must be updated because of today's update. Someone who has been to see these frost dragon changes, please update the article for the dragon's attacks, max hit, and other things changed. 22.214.171.124 21:10, October 17, 2011 (UTC)Ninjastar
- Right, I am actually very happy that they did this; I'm wondering how someone knew that it was going to happen beforehand, but oh well. Ff7hb 21:33, October 17, 2011 (UTC)\
- I kinda heard that the bots are back today after under 24 hours of the update. =( Ninjastar
Whole page removed/empty!?
Is it my/my internet/comupter or is indeed the whole frosties page empty/removed??10:25, October 19, 2011 (UTC)
- works fine on my laptop,propably something wrong with your computer.Try looking at the google cache version of the page.
- oh okay, ty ;) .... But pls sign :P 16:13, October 19, 2011 (UTC)
Someone said the dragonbane bolts wouldnt work against frost drags.
Can someone confirm it if its wrong or right?
126.96.36.199 20:32, November 8, 2011 (UTC)
Dreadnips DO rebound damage
When the dragons are using their orb attacks and your dreadnip attacks it, it will rebound damage unlike cannons.
needs complete overhaul, cant understand....
Thenubwithgp 21:18, November 15, 2011 (UTC)
How does A Clockwork Syringe affact frost dragons? Ive seen no reference to frost dragons at all from A Clockwork Syringe quest. Someone explain that to me.
Is it really crowded now-a-days? Full with cannons? or is that a lie? Because if it is really crowded, i dont want to go, and end up getting no kills. Please, someone confirm this
- Yes I've just been today and they are extremely crowded. A cannon is a must otherwise you have 0 chance of getting a kill. About half of them are noticably bots with the other half looking like legit players.