Their stun range is 4, as in if they are 4 range (3 empty squares between you and it) from you they will come up and stun you.
They jump back every 25% (2000) hp, so they jump back 3 times in total. This is not random. They will not jump more than this many times.
When they jump back they jump 2 distance from where they were. This may or may not increase the range of it from you by two since the whole range thing in rs is screwed up with diagonals being same distance as adjacents.
This means safespotting them is a waste of time since it's much harder to set up. The strategy would be to start out 1 range from it and when you see it jump back (creating a max range of 3 between you and it) walk/run closer to it until you're 1 range from it again. You can stand still after its on 25% hp since one more jump can't get it into its stun range. This makes it much easier to camp than the rorarius (who all gank you) if you don't have god tier equipment. Pretty much inbetween guthix blessings and potatoes you'll constantly have full hp.
Someone who knows what they're doing add this to the page please, thanks.
爱伦188.8.131.52 09:38, June 8, 2013 (UTC)
I have found using protect from magic, dual ranged weaponary and the basic ranged abilities, it is fairly simple to get kills and not expend any food whilst using a bunyip. Kills are pretty quick too. I was using Armadyl crossbow, rune off-hand, royal armour, slayer helmet (was a task) and broad bolts. I have 99 defence and 86 ranged. Djpailo (talk) 18:26, June 12, 2013 (UTC)
- The set up I use that requires no food, only a bunyip for healing and 150 kills/h is:
- Royal crossbow, Pernix body/chaps/gloves/boots/cowl, Ring of wealth, Saradomin murmur and SharpShooter Aura. No prayer needed. Lenience (talk) 09:05, November 16, 2013 (UTC)
Drop Rate of the keys
- I heard it stated that a keystone drop is 1/64, i don't know from where. But I'm also doing a drop log http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/c=gWX1qCLDzeA/forums.ws?19,20,173,65209500,5,328631176,#5 and i'm getting 1/67 after 402 kills, so I think that 1/64 is true.
- This is still a rare drop though I think. Lenience (talk) 09:07, November 16, 2013 (UTC)
They also seem to drop maple logs. Got 19 noted ones during my last task. Unsure of the range though. 184.108.40.206 02:54, July 17, 2013 (UTC)
- I have gotten 150 rune arrow drops and 200 addy bolt drops. Very Rare, I get them around 1/200 kills. Strange... Lenience (talk) 09:08, November 16, 2013 (UTC)
Dragon Med Helm
First of all, I got an error claiming I was vandalising when trying to input my charm drops. Second, the charm section is incorrect: It states: "1 charm is dropped at a time."; this couldn't be any further from the truth - I often go a dozen kills without a charm. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk). 09:20, November 1, 2013 (UTC)
- "1 charm is dropped at a time" doesn't mean that a charm is dropped with every kill. It refers to how many charms are dropped in a single go, in this case one charm (for contrast, when steel dragons drop charms, they drop three at once, and iron dragons drop two). 09:23, November 1, 2013 (UTC)
Droprate of keystones
A hidden update probably caused the keys to become more a more rare drop than it usually (which is also why they're raising in price). It's arguably a very rare drop right now to my personal experience, because before the update I could kill these for at least 5 keys an hour and now there are moments where I won't get any of these keys at all for 3 hours straight. 18.104.22.168 12:34, January 13, 2014 (UTC)
- No the droprate of keys has not changed, still around 1/64. You were probably unlucky during those three hours. The more likely reason that keys have risen is that the crossbows themselves have risen after the nex-prays-mage-now-oh-no-panic-sell-virtus/seismics update, which has indirectly made range more viable at nex. 22.214.171.124 10:07, January 16, 2014 (UTC)