How does it work?
So, exactally how much exp does it last then?
- It lasts for 10 hours of combat, similar to Chaotic equipment. There is no xp cap.
- REDIRECT User:-Matt/sig 00:58, January 25, 2011 (UTC)
- I'm fairly sure they don't work that way. Pretty sure they degrade based on xp, JaGEx changed their mind(Fourth paragraph) before release. 01:11, January 25, 2011 (UTC)
00:56, January 25, 2011 (UTC)00:56, January 25, 2011 (UTC)00:56, January 25, 2011 (UTC)00:56, January 25, 2011 (UTC) Is it possible to get a second pair of Hati Paws after you have successfully used up the first pair? If so, how long is the wait?Sho u2 lumby 10:44, January 19, 2011 (UTC)
10hours of combat, gf.
Even though jagex said they would last 2x exp for 10 hrs of combat. I was expecting them to last *5 hours*.
Go figure, I started barraging and in 1hr's time with a timer, my gloves were at 60%, which is actually half of what I expected or 1/4 of what Jagex claimed last month.
Just a little heads up. Dark e 20:02, January 17, 2011 (UTC)
BTS aren't meant to be "this will happen", but rather "this is what we plan". If you read the actual newsitem, you'll see that they are, in fact, meant to last for a certain amount of XP, depending on the level you currently have in the skill you're training. Krigspest 20:03, January 17, 2011 (UTC)
"Heroes who defeat the wolf will gain access to new gloves, which, if worn in battle, will double combat XP for 10 hours. Think of it as a Bonus XP Weekend’s worth of combat XP, but wrapped up in a set of warm, wolf-skin combat gloves."
I actually read that article, all previous bonus exp weekends lasted for 10 hours period, how can we think of it like that if it only lasts 2 and a half tops barraging? Excuse me for actually listening to Jagex. I know that the today's update mentions it, but for people to re-subscribe due to what was said over 2 weeks ago, its a let-down.
Pretty much seems like every1 just got 10 charges of stealing creation double combat exp in 1 glove, its more like sacred clay than previous double exp weekends. :p
Dark e 20:33, January 17, 2011 (UTC)
Dead paws(no charges left)
Heres a pic of how much exp I got ice barraging with the gloves from 97mage, exactly how much (in-combat) time it took, and the message you recieve upon using the last %.:
Feel free to use the image as you see fit.:)
Updated article. :)
Dark e 21:58, January 17, 2011 (UTC)
Why was the image removed, can I re-upload? I would of thought it would help/answer alot of questions, ofc I could just typed it, but that was proof. :/
Image re-posted, Next time it is removed give me a good reason, keep in mind that was total exp,& no exp by any other means either. Dark e 03:06, January 18, 2011 (UTC)
Actual Jagex Posts - for comparison and history
BTS January 2011
Each year, during the harsh winter months, the guttural howl of an ancient beast can be heard echoing across the Fremennik Province. The locals know the sound all too well, for it means only one thing: another victim has fallen prey to the legendary wolf, Hati. Existing for as long as any seer can remember, it’s a story rarely shared with outerlanders, being a legend drenched in fear and the blood of their forefathers. Some say it is the son of some ancient god, some think it’s merely a wolf with a taste for the weak...either way, it’s a dangerous foe that must be stopped at all cost.
The fight itself is designed for a group of mid- to high-level adventurers and takes place within the forests surrounding Rellekka. Heroes who defeat the wolf will gain access to new gloves, which, if worn in battle, will double combat XP for 10 hours. Think of it as a Bonus XP Weekend’s worth of combat XP, but wrapped up in a set of warm, wolf-skin combat gloves.
Loosely based on a Nordic festival, the Hati wolf is the first piece of members’ “seasonal content” we plan to release. This means that the event will be removed from the game after January. As with holiday events, though, the reward items will remain.
Actual Hati Wolf Release Announcement
17-Jan-2011 - Hati – The Winter Wolf
The Fremennik are a hardy bunch, but they’re still vulnerable to frostbite. Wrapping up warm won’t help them, however: this frostbite belongs to the giant wolf, Hati! As many Fremennik are abroad at Daemonheim, this winter, they have swallowed their pride and asked the adventurers of RuneScape to band together and rid them of this legendary lupine.
The invite is open to all RuneScape members, and can be started by talking to the Fremennik citizen who stands inside the gates of Rellekka. Even those who are yet to brave White Wolf Mountain can participate: simply talk to the wolf hunter in Barbarian Village (Gunnarsgrunn) and he will lead you to Rellekka. While you’re out searching for Hati, you might even stumble across defenders of the realm (aka Jagex moderators) who will pitch into the fight where they can.
Hati feeds for four weeks of the year, which only gives a small window of opportunity to gear up, gather like-minded adventurers and rid RuneScape of the beast. Wolf-killers should keep in mind that Hati leaves the game on Monday 14th February, taking any potential rewards with it, so now’s your only chance to send him howling to his doom!
Speaking of rewards... The Hati head is a cosmetic hat that shows off your achievement, while the Hati paws are the highlight: these gloves reward you with double the XP you gain from skills (Attack, Constitution, Defence, Magic, Ranged, Strength) while in combat. There is a limit to the additional XP you can gain from these gloves, but that limit is determined by your levels in those combat skills. On Tuesday 10th May, these gloves will lose any remaining charge, so make sure to use them while you can. Once their charge has run out, you can still keep hold of them as a second cosmetic item to match your hat.
“I come at coldest winter to bite and gnash and gnaw. People of the Fremennik, fear me. I am Hati, and I will devour the moon, and my brother, Sköll, the sun, and thus will begin the End of Things.” – Fremennik folk tale
Mod Trig & Mod Moltare RuneScape Content Developer
Summary: Where to start hunting Hati:
Speak to the Fremennik citizen just inside Rellekka's gate. You can talk to the wolf hunter in Barbarian Village to get to Rellekka.
Requirements to start hunting Hati:
Be brave enough to fight a level 654 enemy, alone or with a group.
In other news...
While fighting Hati, you'll probably notice that he is quite talkative. To understand what he's saying, you might want to seek input from RuneScape's Scandinavian communities on the English-Scandinavian Friendship Forums.
Mamabear47 00:31, January 18, 2011 (UTC)
Some Numbers I have figured out
I calculated my Constitution XP gained between the 90% remaining message and the 80% remaininng message, and it came to 31,241 XP. 31,241 x 4 = 124,964 total xp gained. 124,964 x 10 = 1,249,640 potential xp gained from 100% to 0%.
These results are from using melee controlled attack style, with ALL melee stats, as well as Constitution, being level 86.
***numbers are only 99% correct, I teleported to Camelot twice while doing this test.
So only for in combat experience? No prayer or summoning?
So these gloves only give experience that you get from actually damaging opponents? Can you get experience for summoning or prayer with these gloves since they are combat skills? and no experience gain for slayer if on task, i'm assuming??
Quick find code: 164-165-55-62193166
Mod Kathy said the gloves degrade THROUGH EXPERIENCE and not THROUGH TIME.
Discussion ends here.
lol I wasn't even asking that.....i was asking if it was combat skills (including prayer and summoning) or just attack,str,def,hp,magic, and ranged.
I already got my answer though, so no need to be smug about it when you didn't even answer my question correctly.
The sounds of the gloves...
So I was thinking of adding sounds from the Hati Paws to this page for those that miss out on the paws but I realised that I'm going to need 2/3 Runescape sounds on so I can hear the paws. The third sound which can get muted is music. Anyway, along with the sounds of the gloves, I also have to record the local sounds and the sounds of combat too.
I'm using Audicity for this and I know little for it. I only know very little.
So in summary:
- How do I get the sounds of the Hati Paws alone and in good quality for this site and
- Should I go through with it or is it just going to be pointless spam?
12:39, January 18, 2011 (UTC)
do the gloves expire after 10 hours even if you haven't used all potential? 184.108.40.206 19:57, January 18, 2011 (UTC)
- No they dont
22:13, January 18, 2011 (UTC)
- As stated above (and below), they degrade through experience, not with time. Borrarcher 03:16, February 1, 2011 (UTC)
- The gloves also give bonus experience with using the dwarf cannon.
Lose some charge when dying
hati paws seem to lose charge if you die with them on.. i had just hit the 50% mark and accidently died with them on, when i got them back from diango they only had 38% and i definetly wouldve noticed if it said 40% left.Baptiejames 15:14, January 21, 2011 (UTC)
The above is not true at all I was at 13% the last time I checked my paws before a significant amount of time before I died. When I went back to diango they were at 10%. So there is no way they degrade that much. In fact they don't degrade at all. Hope that helps :) 21:41, February 12, 2011 Rune_Scap301
Degrade or not
The Hati paws's charges are based on the attacks and the spped of the attacks.
If you use multi-attack (Red chin or Barrage), the charges will degrade faster, like Brawlers
They degrade based on xp, not time. They degrade with chins/barrage faster because ur gaining more xp per attack. 00:51, January 24, 2011 (UTC)
Updated with new information
As you probably already know, Hati paws double xp gained in alching... But fun info to know: It also work with the alch of the explorer ring's... So you can double this free xp, each days!Proulxs 15:25, February 3, 2011 (UTC)
Barbarian hand fishing
The Barbarian Hand fishing section of the page should be corrected to to say that only the Strength XP from Barbarian hand fishing is doubled.220.127.116.11 15:43, February 3, 2011 (UTC)
I was doing the Ratcatchers quest and when my cat started fighting the King Rat I was informed that I was getting an experiance boost from the Hati Paws. Gave me a funny thought in my head about the spirit of Hati inhabiting my cat or something. Anyway didn't actually seem to do anything, just thought I'd mention it.
Hati Paws Exp Bonus 2012
Been training on ankou in stronghold with controlled exp with a whip, done a few calculations, and seem to be getting results that hati paws' exp given are 12.5% of the total exp gained instead of a 50% like last year. After attacking with accurate, I've calculated exp given and bonus exp, and the bonus exp only accounts for 37.5% of the total exp gained. 18.104.22.168 17:22, January 16, 2012 (UTC) Devin Draven
- Were you using any other exp boosting items, since they don't stack multiplicatively? I have yet to try the paws this year, but from everyone that has I'm hearing they double the exp. 12:00, January 18, 2012 (UTC)
- The exp drop given is the original exp+the bonus exp. the words in parentheses (X-amount of bonus exp) is just telling you what got added on
- It's clear that the paws don't grant quite double experience; 96xp with 36xp bonus on Aggressive Stab with a Chaotic Rapier at Greater Demons. I agree with the 37.5% in that case. Did you actually manage to get a final total for experience gained? I got 1,209,790 at 118/119 combat training only strength. If you discount the 9,790 because of teleportation and a gwd trip cut short, that gives 1,200,000 which is 450,000 bonus experience; approximately 3800 times my combat level - That is given the probability that the paws are by combat level or similar and not by time. Corbiere 09:58, January 23, 2012 (UTC)
- The reason that the bonus is not 50% of the total is that Constitution xp is not doubled. --User:Saftzie/Signature 21:22, January 23, 2012 (UTC)
- I did a more careful test. I killed a monster with and without paws (actually several times to be sure). Doing 160 points of damage without paws is 85 xp total (64 combat, 21 constitution). Doing 160 points of damage with paws is 170 xp total (128 combat, 42 constitution), so both are doubled, but the pop-up reports the bonus is 64 xp. In other words, constitution is doubled, but the pop-up does not appear to be reporting the doubling of the constitution. --User:Saftzie/Signature 22:33, January 23, 2012 (UTC)
- I got the same results as Saftzie except it was 88+29 and 176+58 respectively, for killing a Guard. 16:04, January 24, 2012 (UTC)
Bonus experience at circus?
Do these paws provide bonus experience for the ranged and magic performances at the circus? 22.214.171.124 07:22, January 18, 2012 (UTC)
- As is mentioned in the article, they don't. 11:56, January 18, 2012 (UTC)
1 Item per kill
The page says that players that contribute will get 1 item (paws/cloak/hood) per kill, but I got all 3 at once. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) on 01:45, 23 January 2012 (UTC).
- It says you can only get 1 paws, 1 cloak, and 1 hood. You can kill Hati multiple times, but you can still only have 1 paws, 1 cloak, and 1 hood. It doesn't say one item per kill. --User:Saftzie/Signature 04:53, January 23, 2012 (UTC)
Ape Atoll Chinning with Hati Paws
Ok on the main page it says under trivia that the Hati Paws when used at Ape Atoll monkey skeletons only gives double xp for the 1st hit. Now i went to mummies in the Chaos tunnels and found that i was also gaining double xp for the 1st hit..... (for example if i hit 100 on the monster i clicked attack, 150, 125, 70, 85, 90 the game selects the amount u hit on the monster  u targeted and doubles the xp from that hit) So.... i came to the conclusion that it was applicable to all multiway combat situations
Now when i was at ape atoll with charged Hati Paws... my xp that floats to the top of the screen registered like 650xp (29 bonus xp) which makes sense with the above theory. The strange thing is after my paws ran out of charges, from getting an average of 650-700xp per chin that hits (not counting misses), i began to get 350-400xp per chin which mean that i was actually getting double xp for all the hits not for the main hit alone.
Im really confused coz the game doesn't say like 700xp (350 bonus xp) but yet it works out that way. I've already used up my paws but i was hoping to be able to clarify this issue for the benefit of those who still haven't and also for future years should this content be repeated.
15:46, April 28, 2012 (UTC)
- It is a common problem that the displayed bonus xp is wrong, even though the actual bonus exp is correct. With agility this was the case for the final exp granted for completing a track. Where the final obstacle would grant 30 exp, the course would grant 300 it would list 660 exp (300 exp bonus). Numbers in this example are hypothetical. 21:30, April 29, 2012 (UTC)
Stack with Pendents?
I was wondering if we know if these Hati Paws stack with Pendents... They don't stack with Sacred clay, so it seems logical to me that pendants may not work either - but it could just as well not matter.
11:05, April 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Never mind... they don't, but it wasn't mentioned at the trivia place... 11:08, April 5, 2013 (UTC)
Do the gloves still allow you to get extra charges of XP every time you get another glove drop? I've gotten multiple glove drops, with the gloves in my inventory, and they regain the option to be clicked on for XP. When they're clicked on, however, I get the message "You have already claimed your XP from the gloves." and the gloves lose the option to be clicked on for XP again, until another glove drop is found and the cycle repeats.