The iron dragon is now in Daemonheim, i think this version should be in a separate article to avoid confusion Link oh ki 09:39, April 14, 2010 (UTC)
I personally disagree, merely because that would warrant making articles for every monster that is present in both Daemonheim and runescape at large, and the Daemonheim articles on non-boss monsters don't really tell you anything useful (because everything about them varies apart from the way they fight). UNLESS the monster fights differently in Daemonheim, in which case a section could simply be added to the existing article entitled "Within Daemonheim." Otherwise I think it suffices to say that the monster also exists in Daemonheim (as is currently the case) and perhaps add a clause that the combat statistics of the monsters in Daemonheim vary, so that the statistics in this article don't apply there.
--Effexor 04:19, April 26, 2010 (UTC)
Well, the problem is that someone removed the picture of the current iron dragon outside of Daemonheim. I don't think that the article should be split as long is this is acknowledged and corrected.21:10, May 4, 2010 (UTC)
Boss or regular encounter in Dungeoneering?
I think it should be specified if this is a boss monster or regular encounter in Daemonheim. --Effexor 04:21, April 26, 2010 (UTC)
These don't drop dragon daggers at all, that needs to be removed --Olliebongo 01:30, 17 June 2009 (UTC)
The odds of dropping a dragon platelegs are 1 in 75 with or without the ring of wealth?
I don't know..but i've killed hundreds but never got any good drop at all.
The odds of a d plate is not 1 in 75, its probably closer to 1 in 3000 Link oh ki 09:39, April 14, 2010 (UTC)
The odds of dragon platelegs are not 1 in 75 or 3000, its about 900, 3000 is about the drop rate of a visage tho.
since when do iron drags require a slayer level? im pretty sure they dont--007qwerty 16:31, 22 June 2008 (UTC)
- It seems you misunderstand the Slayer Level field in the Infobox. If the slayer level is Not Assigned, the monster isn't assigned as a slayer task (example: Man). If the slayer level is 1, the monster is assignment, but does not require a slayer level (since every player's minimum slayer level is 1, example: any dragons). If the number is above 1, the monster is a slayer monster (example: Crawling Hand). Iron dragons are a slayer assignment, but do not require a slayer level, hence the infobox field is set to 1. I hope that clears it up for you. @Gaz#7521 17:38, 22 June 2008 (UTC)
but technically u could have something that loweres slayer to 0 and still kill one--007qwerty 00:18, 23 June 2008 (UTC)
- Yes, but it is just simply the way the wiki decided to make the infobox works. See here for more information. If you want the slayer level to be 0 for monsters to that are assignments but do not require a level, make your case here. Personally, I think its okay as is, since there's only 2 things that can lower slayer level (I think) - Spicy stew and Disease. And both of those are random reductions, no guarantee that it will lower slayer. @Gaz#7521 13:55, 23 June 2008 (UTC)
The article says: "Whether this is rumor or not, according to most players, when fighting an Iron Dragon with ranged attacks, they hit higher then the bolt hits the belly of the dragon, as opposed to striking the beast in the mouth with a bolt.". I'm 100% sure that this is not the case, because the game sees a monster as a solid block of monster, not different parts. Can anyone confirm that it is true? Oil4 Talk 12:53, 18 June 2009 (UTC)
Iron dragons are weak to stab attacks (not crush surprisingly) this is probably because stab attacks pierce through the metal armour hitting the monsters flesh. ranged is similar to stab Link oh ki 16:31, April 16, 2010 (UTC)
I have also found that most if not all creatures weak to ranged, are also reak to stab attacks.02:32, May 6, 2010 (UTC)
In the article it says to use fire spells, and a few lines later it says that they are ineffective. Which one is correct?
- fire spells are effective. I'll see if Do not use fire spells! These will not hit often, using air, water and earth spells are your best bet when fighting iron dragons is a vandalism.
New iron dragons
Can anyone add it to the article where they are? I haven't finished the quest but this hasn't been updated since the new quest --20:37, December 3, 2009 (UTC)
I heard that metal dragons are extremely weak to stab attacks. Even the leaf-bladed sword can do miracles. Hows that??? (ps. imma gonna test it..) Buzz (Talk • # • √ • P ) 09:36, December 23, 2009 (UTC)
- It is odd, but I have seen a guy decimating steel dragons with a zamorakian spear on stab (he must've had super antifires), so it does seem they're very weak to stab. @Gaz#7521 10:50, December 23, 2009 (UTC)
- Well, as far as the official RuneScape game guide describes, magic is their only main weakness. Other dragons are weak to stab and ranged, but being made of metal, their defence bonuses seem to act more like a meleers (this is re-enforced by the fact that dragonhide is a ranged armor and dragonfire is classified as a ranged attack, even if protect from ranged doesn't make a difference), so give crush a try.
21:03, May 4, 2010 (UTC)
- NOTE: an above post says that dragons are weaker to stab, so don't take my word on the idea that crush is best. 21:08, May 4, 2010 (UTC)
I'm not sure if they're new or not, but the other day I was in the back of the wilderness next to the ice giants and I saw some iron dragons to the east behind a big boulder that i couldn't get past lol. Maybe that helps? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Neo the Newb (talk) on 12:54, January 19, 2010 (UTC).
- That's the Ghorrock fortress ones, introduced by The Temple at Senntisten quest (there's steel dragons there too). @Gaz#7521 16:57, January 19, 2010 (UTC)
Please remember to bring an antifire pot and/or antidragon shield...
Some guy in full dragon pl with a d square just got 2 hitted right next to me while I was meleeing irons...
Ouch.188.8.131.52 02:53, January 31, 2010 (UTC)
Haha I was that guy... made my night actually. Anyways i have to agree do not forget your anti-fire potions! :P
There is a bank in Shilo Village, I know because that's where I deposit all my lovely Red Topaz... and the Cart is rather handy for those who can use it. (Shilo Village Quest) These are the 2 biggest rewards for Karamja gloves 3, as they allow access to the whole of Karamja, basically. --TheLastWordSword 00:28, February 12, 2010 (UTC)
when meleeing bronze, iron, or steel dragon there is a technique you stand back one square on the grid away from them. then when they move their head up to use there ranged attack you attack them then step back and repeat.---- "mookie lucid"
None of those metal dragons have a ranged attack (unless you mean its dragonfire). Mithril dragons do, though (and brutal green dragons do a similar thing for their magic attack), so this may be a good thing to try for them (as they seem to make a more dramatic movement when they use those attacks).21:05, May 4, 2010 (UTC)
Armour drop table..
I don't know how to edit it properly, but Rune Kiteshield is entered twice? And the Dragon Platelegs are rare, whereas the Dragon Plateskirt is very rare.. I have gotten far more Plateskirts than Platelegs.. I think it should be changed.
Add Rune 2h Sword to weapons
I've Just added Rune 2h, and i have comfirmed by my own experience that iron dragons do drop Rune 2h
Zebest605 14:54, January 15, 2011 (UTC) Zebest605
I also got one today, so i second this -elpasojerry
Also add dragon dagger
I can confirm the Dragon Dagger drop, got one just 3 minutes ago
New Armor Entry: D Med Helm
I got a d Med helm drop from an Iron dragon. Screenshot below to prove it.<removed>
Adding the entry as rare now. Levy Wilson 02:23, May 5, 2011 (UTC)
- Removed the image as all images should be used in mainspace, and evidence is not needed. Thanks for helping though. JOEYTJE50TALK pull my finger 02:28, May 5, 2011 (UTC)
I recently got a dragon dagger at iron drags, yet it isnt in the drop table, any opinions?
- Thanks for reporting, but the dragon dagger is one of the Rare drop table drops. The Other section already says Iron dragons drop Rare drop table items, so this drop is already listed. Thanks for reporting though, JOEYTJE50TALK pull my finger 14:25, May 16, 2011 (UTC)
If you're using elemental spells to kill the dragons, does the game really make a distinction between elements?04:18, June 6, 2011 (UTC)
I got 150 rune arrows as a drop from Irons, and my Ring of Wealth didn't shine brighter. The Ring shines brighter when something is from the drop table, so wouldn't this mean that Irons would drop them too? Kaoskiller1 18:01, June 23, 2011 (UTC)
I was shocked while doing a slay task to get a clean toadflax, was shocked more after picking them up because they were 41 clean toadflaxes! checked here and it was not listed.. killed few more drags and got a torsol seed.. checked again and they aint listed.. I guess they are now drops added? Please add them to drop table! thanks.
Note: I was not wearing ring of wealth.
- Those are on the rare drop table, and as such, belong on that table, since multiple monsters can access that. S T Y G 07:40, August 2, 2011 (UTC)
I got a Rune spear from irons just now and i noticed it wasnt on the droplist. It isnt rare drop table is it?
- Yeah, it's on the rare drop table. Suppa chuppa 17:03, November 6, 2011 (UTC)
- I was wearing a Ring of Wealth today and got two tooth halves of keys, however I did not get the message that it was a ring of wealth drop, so I think this is also a drop.
- I received 150 noted big bones. I was using ring of wealth, but when I got the drop it didn't activate. Should I add this to the list? Nunna 20:42, January 10, 2012 (UTC)
Are dragonbane bolts not suggested or just not added yet? I find them helpful, hitting 400+ occaisonally with only 87 range. If it is a good idea, I'll let someone with better writing skills than me fix it :3
- I think they're just not yet added... it seems very useful -- I'll add them to the table ;) 21:19, February 12, 2012 (UTC)
Non-Prayer Melee Armor
Wouldn't Guthan's or Torag's be better than Verac's? They have higher defence stats.
I think there may be some vandalism in the section about the Brimhaven Dragons. Here are the paragraphs in question, vandalism has been bolded.
If a player has Karamja Gloves 3, they may teleport to the Shilo Village mining site with the gloves, run to the Hapmore bank, withdraw 8 coins, take the cart north to Brimhaven, and walk east to the dungeon from there.
This looks like a vandal to me but I wanted someone else to agree with me before I removed this.
184.108.40.206 17:01, August 4, 2012 (UTC)
A Second Weakness?
Hey guys, I was just at the iron dragons not even 15 minutes ago, and I tested 2 different tactics for mage.
Ganodermic poncho, leggings, visor, polypore staff, ganodermic boots, arcane stream, hati paws.
Spell: Fire Surge
Potions: Magic flask, antifire flask, prayer flask
Prayers: Deflect Magic
For an unknown reason, I tested fire surge's power against water surge, and found that I would be able to hit well over 2000 damage per hit (including autoattacks!) while the water surge spell would ocassionally hit in the low 2000's? I autocasted fire surge with polypore staff and noticeably seemed to have higher accuracy and damage. Consider adding this as another strategy for mage/weakness?
- Monsters with a weakness for a specific weapon type have a general weakness for the weapon. So in this case you've merely found that they have a weakness in general to mage Template:Signatures/Ciphrius Kane 23:26, February 20, 2013 (UTC)