Added the Under Construction tag as I intend to be working on this article over the next few hours. Shadowdancer 02:43, 25 July 2006 (UTC)
- Under Construction tag removed. Shadowdancer 06:06, 25 July 2006 (UTC)
- Need confirmation as to whether cure poison actually needs accept aid on or not.
Why do we call these magicks? Is that what they call them in the game? Because in the knowledge base it just says "Lunar Spells" -- Couchpotato99 15:37, 25 July 2006 (UTC)
- I was following the precedent set by Ancient Magicks. Shadowdancer 16:04, 25 July 2006 (UTC)
- Hmm, I thought that was just because they were ancient and mysterious, hence "magicks"... ooh spooky! Anyways, can someone who's done the quest tell if they were called "magicks" in the quest, and if not, what they were called? -- Couchpotato99 17:25, 25 July 2006 (UTC)
What is the point of "Compare Ancient Magicks" at the top of the article? Its in some others and I don't get the concept. -- Couchpotato99 17:30, 25 July 2006 (UTC)
- Because Ancient Magicks are also a set of spells? Shadowdancer 17:32, 25 July 2006 (UTC)
Infobox/articles for each Lunar spell?
Should I proceed to write up the seperate articles for each spell now? Consensus? Shadowdancer 06:06, 25 July 2006 (UTC)
- I think we should have infoboxes for each spell because it shows you the important info about the spell at a glance. And since it doesnt really work to put a bunch of infoboxes in an article (I tried with teleportation), we would need individual articles for each spell. -- Couchpotato99 17:33, 25 July 2006 (UTC)
If you want, I'm not sure we need individual pages for spells, except possibly NPC contact --Eucarya 08:06, 25 July 2006 (UTC)
- I believe that we agreed on an VfD page that individual spells needed their own articles anyways? Shadowdancer 14:15, 25 July 2006 (UTC)
- There's nothing wrong with having them, but bear in mind they will be extremely underused! --Eucarya 17:19, 25 July 2006 (UTC)
Comments on Lunar Magicks
Whilst the Ancient Magicks was actually fairly rubbish in terms of teleports (the only truly useful one Kharyll can be put in your house now), the Lunar Magicks teleports seem excellently placed. The only problem for most people is that they require very high magic level to properly use them. However, I can see that having Lunar Magicks set will cut my farming run time significantly - Fishing Guild teleport is closer to farming patch than Ardougne teleport, as is Catherby teleport. Additionally, no need for compost if you do have it set!
The waterbirth teleport will be extremely useful for collecting snape grass. Maybe even using the furnace/anvil too because it's a short boat ride and then there's the only furnace and anvil that are together in the same place in the game.
By far the most useful spell I can see so far though, is NPC contact.
The 'Vengeance Other' looks very 'Dark Mark' from Harry Potter doesn't it? Some of the very high level spells may be used to great effect in Wilderness pk teams. --Eucarya 08:06, 25 July 2006 (UTC)
- You say there's no need for compost if you're using the "Fertile Soil" spell, but what you fail to realize is that you're swapping buckets for runes. >_> Shadowdancer 12:09, 26 July 2006 (UTC)
- Runes stack, buckets don't. It's also slightly cheaper than using super-compost if you buy your astrals at the shop.
--Wowbagger421 21:03, 27 July 2006 (UTC)
Looks like both me and Shadowdancer have uploaded almost identical images. We have File:Lunar-spells.PNG and File:Lunar_spells.png . Suggest using one and deleting the other? --Eucarya 08:08, 25 July 2006 (UTC) Oh, looks like we've done the same with the Astral rune too hehee --Eucarya 09:25, 25 July 2006 (UTC)
- I never uploaded an Astral rune picture.... Shadowdancer 14:14, 25 July 2006 (UTC)
I'm just putting together a Full Spell List table for the new magic guide, before I fold it in I'll stick it here in case it helps --Eucarya 08:38, 26 July 2006 (UTC)
|Spell||Level||Runes Required||Experience||Spell Group||Notes|
|Bake Pie||65||1 Astral, 5 fire, 4 water||26||Lunar||Bakes all uncooked pies in inventory, you also receive the relevant Cooking experience.|
|Cure Plant||66||1 Astral, 8 earth||26||Lunar||Cures a diseased plant|
|NPC Contact||67||1 Astral, 1 cosmic, 2 air||30||Lunar||Allows contact with slayer masters, and other NPCs.|
|Cure Other||68||1 Astral, 1 law, 10 earth||48||Lunar||Cures poison on another player|
|Moonclan Teleport||69||2 Astral, 1 law, 2 earth||50||Lunar||Teleports to Moonclan Island.|
|Tele-group Moonclan||70||2 Astral, 1 law, 4 earth||51||Lunar||Teleports up to 4 people who have accept aid on to Moonclan Island.|
|Cure Me||71||2 Astral, 1 law, 2 cosmic||46||Lunar||Cures poison|
|Waterbirth Teleport||72||2 Astral, 1 law, 1 water||51||Lunar||Teleports to Waterbirth Island.|
|Tele-group Waterbirth||73||2 Astral, 1 law, 5 water||53||Lunar||Teleports up to 4 people who have accept aid on to Waterbirth Island.|
|Cure Group||74||2 Astral, 2 law, 2 cosmic||59||Lunar||Cures poison on up to 4 nearby.|
|Barbarian Teleport||75||2 Astral, 2 law, 3 fire||53||Lunar||Teleports to the Barbarian Outpost|
|Tele-group Barbarian||75||2 Astral, 2 law, 6 fire||55||Lunar||Teleports up to 4 people who have accept aid on to the Barbarian Outpost.|
|Superglass Make||77||2 Astral, 6 fire, 10 air||41||Lunar||Converts all sand and soda ash (or seaweed) in your inventory into molten glass. You also recive 10 Crafting experience per glass made.|
|Khazard Teleport||78||2 Astral, 2 law, 4 water||54||Lunar||Teleports to Port Khazard|
|Tele-group Khazard||79||2 Astral, 2 law, 8 water||56||Lunar||Teleports up to 4 people who have accept aid on to Port Khazard.|
|String Jewellery||80||2 Astral, 10 earth, 5 water||44||Lunar||Strings all amulets in your inventory, you also receive 4 Crafting experience per amulet.|
|Stat Restore Pot Share||81||2 Astral, 10 earth, 10 water||49||Lunar||Shares a restore potion (can be prayer, etc) with up to 4 players near the caster.|
|Magic Imbue||82||2 Astral, 7 fire, 7 water||49||Lunar||Allows combination of runes without the need for a talisman for a short time.|
|Fertile Soil||83||3 Astral, 15 earth, 2 nature||61||Lunar||Has the same effect as supercompost on a farming patch.|
|Boost Potion Share||84||3 Astral, 12 earth, 10 water||62||Lunar||Shares a boost potion (attack, range, etc) with up to 4 players|
|Boost Potion Share||84||3 Astral, 12 earth, 10 water||62||Lunar||Shares a boost potion (attack, range, etc) with up to 4 players|
|Fishing Guild Teleport||85||3 Astral, 3 law, 10 water||65||Lunar||Teleports to the Fishing Guild|
|Tele-group Fishing Guild||86||3 Astral, 3 law, 14 water||70||Lunar||Teleports up to 4 people who have accept aid on to the Fishing Guild.|
|Catherby Teleport||87||3 Astral, 3 law, 10 water||78||Lunar||Teleports to Catherby|
|Tele-group Catherby||88||3 Astral, 3 law, 15 water||80||Lunar||Teleports up to 4 people who have accept aid on to Catherby.|
|Ice Plateau Teleport||89||3 Astral, 3 law, 8 water||78||Lunar||Teleports to the Ice Plateau in level 53 Wilderness|
|Tele-group Ice Plateau||90||3 Astral, 3 law, 16 water||80||Lunar||Teleports up to 4 people who have accept aid on to the Ice Plateau in level 53 Wilderness.|
|Energy Transfer||91||3 Astral, 2 law, 1 nature||68||Lunar||Transfers your special bar and run energy to another player, with a small hitpoints cost.|
|Heal Other||92||3 Astral, 3 law, 1 blood||86||Lunar||Transfer some of your hitpoints to a friend|
|Vengeance Other||93||3 Astral, 10 earth, 2 death||73||Lunar||If attacked, your opponent receives a large percentage of the damage they inflict on you with their first attack. Vengeance other affects another player.|
|Vengeance||94||4 Astral, 10 earth, 2 death||73||Lunar||If attacked, your opponent receives a large percentage of the damage they inflict on you with their first attack.|
|Heal Group||95||4 Astral, 6 law, 3 blood||124||Lunar||Transfer some of your hitpoints to people that have lowered hitpoints in local area.|
Magicks, Magics or Spells
Ancient Magicks are called Magicks because they are ancient; in Ye Olde Englishe (Like the Middle Ages or whatever; I'm not an expert on premodern dialects, but you get the idea), people really did spell it magick. Jagex called them Magicks to give them that ye olde feel. As such, they are not a basis for precedent in this case.
I don't remember them being called Magicks in the quest; if they are, I'm a fool and you should all laugh at me. But since they aren't, this article shouldn't be called that. Magics or spells would be better...? 188.8.131.52 20:26, 8 August 2006 (UTC)
- What is the basis for your argument, aside from the fact that I created the article? Shadowdancer 20:29, 8 August 2006 (UTC)
- Oh shut up shadowdancer, not everyone is out to get you. I agree with Mr. I.P. I asked this same question a while time ago, and you said the only reason was because ancient magicks were called magicks. Now that I know I am not the only person with this opinion, I believe Lunar Magicks should be moved to Lunar Spells. Ancient Magicks are named thusly because of the reason Mr. I.P. gave, but I don't believe that carries over into the Lunar spells. In the knowledge base, they are referred to as "Lunar spells." -- Couchpotato99 23:40, 8 August 2006 (UTC)
I think the table that you put out is gonna help a bit, cause its not real organized. I'm gonna try to finish the spell pages soon =) Dreadnought 23:18, 2 September 2006 (UTC)
Perhaps this article should be renamed as "Lunar Magicks". "Lunar Spells" may imply that the article is just about the spells, and not about the whole lunar magick. Chiafriend12Loon is best buttlord 06:28, 6 September 2007 (UTC)
- Read the previous debates as to why it's not called "lunar magicks". JalYt-Xil-Vimescarrot 10:55, 1 October 2007 (UTC)
Spellset usage issues
I've tried many times to remain on this spell set. I always turn it back to normal after a few days. Replacing common teleport spells with tablets has a serious impact on bank space and house tele tablets require a long wait for the loading of the house layout. No high alching means doing slayer tasks without the benefit of converting the drops to a stackable form (coins). The rune costs of some of the higher spells are quite serious. The lack of a trollheim teleport makes access to the fifth herb patch pretty much impossible. It also is pretty difficult to switch to the lunar spellset. Travelling to moonclan isle is quite a long trip and there are no shortcuts. Perhaps it would be useful to describe some of these issues with the spellset? --Miw 09:09, 8 October 2007 (UTC)
- I've done the fifth Herb patch without Trollheim Teleport almost every time. Or done an entire Farming route without Law Runes for that matter.
- One of the shortcuts to switch to Lunar Spell set is using Lyre to teleport to Relekka, grabbing the mark, and then heading to switch. However, I usually walk there anyways.
- Listing these issues would mean having to list the same issues with Ancient Magicks (which is probably even worse in terms of teleportation), basically stating that all Spellbooks have strengths and weaknesses. Tarikochi 15:33, 8 October 2007 (UTC)
- I know it's a bit more expensive on runes, but when doing slayer can't you just use the switch book spell for high alching the slayer drops. You obviously would not want to do this if you had lots to high alch, but the occasional slayer drop should be okay I would have thought. What do you think Miw, did you try it? Amaurice talk 15:44, 8 October 2007 (UTC)
- Even at a relatively low magic level I can make do with Lunar spells. Spellbook swap is a waste of runes and so are a few of the others which have no use in the "real world" . Some though are extremely practical.
- I do all my farming with 0 laws @ Tari
- Lunar Spells are a lot stronger teleportation wise than Ancients. Especially with the group teleports and the Khazard teleport which is next too a charter ship. Blazel 20:31, 27 November 2007 (UTC)
It is now possible to teleport directly to the Lunar alter using a teletab from the Orb Project. Green day333 01:41, 14 August 2008 (UTC)
Clearup of the talk page?
We have discussions going all the way back to when Lunar's were released. Isn't there a time when we need to think about moving on from these. Blazel 20:30, 27 November 2007 (UTC)
- We archive when the page gets big, not old. JalYt-Xil-Vimescarrot 20:41, 27 November 2007 (UTC)
xp for lunar spells
i went through them all and they were mostly wrong so i have edited them with the corrent xp gained, why it was wrong idkEatbetter 23:50, 29 November 2007 (UTC)
39 or 40?
On the main page when this is a featured article, it says 39, however in the article it mentions 40 twice, so i am assuming 40 is the correct number. Sadly i'm a wikia newbie, so if somebody could edit the featured article part, that'd be great Majorbling 17:00, January 18, 2010 (UTC)
mentioning who dies in WGS quest is naughty, needs a spoiler tag!
Can someone who actually has lunar plz fix this missing image, referenced in the article? File:Runescape spells lunarspells cureplant.gif 20:12, May 17, 2010 (UTC)
- I can't find where the image isn't placed? And here is the image: . HaloTalk 20:17, May 17, 2010 (UTC)
vengeance noticedid you notice that the vengeance spell is like the spell which lucien summoned the tormented demons and necromenced skeletons
What is the clothes that dude is wearing in the first picture on the top?Saladbagle 05:52, July 17, 2011 (UTC)Saladbagle
- There are three different pictures that can display there. What's he casting? --Andorin (Talk) (Contribs) 06:51, July 17, 2011 (UTC)
- Nevermind, I found out they were bllue villager robes. 184.108.40.206 19:58, July 17, 2011 (UTC)Saladbagle
Tune Bane Ore
Could someone please update the article, as ROTM released Tune Bane Ore?03:21, October 4, 2011 (UTC)
Changed Ice Plateau Teleport info
I cast the level 89 Ice Plateau teleport a few days ago, and there was no warning before the teleport. The page had said there was a warning provided. I removed the reference to the warning in the spell table. 220.127.116.11 03:45, April 5, 2012 (UTC)
- I'll see if I can get an image although I don't have level 99 magic, so not all will be highlighted. Oh and you should put your siggy in a template. 00:57, October 5, 2011 (UTC)