They can also drop from catching jadinko's in Marasaw Plant Traps 220.127.116.11 05:43, May 9, 2014 (UTC)minerexstacy
- Can someone confirme this? I'm getting conflicting information from others. --Jlun2 (talk) 09:08, May 10, 2014 (UTC)
While harvesting sweetcorn, I keep getting the message: "You find some magic beans." for each sweetcorn harvested despite only 2 actually gave me 1 magic bean. :o --Jlun2 (talk) 09:51, May 9, 2014 (UTC)
- This seems to apply to other farm produce as well. --Jlun2 (talk) 09:57, May 9, 2014 (UTC)
Beans from farming
- According to the jagex wiki, iirc, you get 1 magic bean per roughly 200 farming experience earned (I believe without taking bonus experience into account). IP18.104.22.168 (talk) 10:55, May 9, 2014 (UTC)
- Me and mol just checked; doing an action that gives more than 200 xp via assist doesn't give any of us beans, but doing manually does. Also BXP doesn't count for the 200. --Jlun2 (talk) 12:27, May 9, 2014 (UTC)
The article says the total xp is 5% but I finally managed to get the entire outfit and I am getting 6% bonus not 5. 22.214.171.124 18:57, May 10, 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for spotting that, fixed it now Template:Signatures/Ciphrius Kane 19:00, May 10, 2014 (UTC)
Duration of event
So if I understand correctly, the outfit can only be made with those straw etc parts only gained on TH and only this weekend
If don't get them now I cant get the farm outfit ever? Is that how it works? :<
- Incorrect. Jagex has stated they'll be available as normal-skilling-outfits rarity. So kinda like the sous chefs and botanists stuff, and without the magic beans involved. They'll still be rare, but at least they'll be available. --WINE OF GOOD HEALTH (Actually Stinko) 13:43, May 11, 2014 (UTC)
Found in the forums:
Quick find code: 366-367-780-65365726 (page 9)
From Mod Obeith: Hey guys,
Here to clear up some questions that have been asked:
Firstly, the promo runs until the 13th at 00:59 BST After that point you can no longer obtain magic beans or component pieces from TH Magic Beans will stay in the game for 4 more weeks to allow players to spend all the beans they have remaining. After that point the beans will be removed from the game.
The component pieces will never disappear, they can also be combined with any beans you have remaining at any point until the beans are removed.
If you have component pieces, but not enough beans to create the piece, you can instead convert it into an XP lamp.
After the Promo, the farming outfit pieces will stay on TH but will be as rare as existing skill outfits that are on TH.
2015 Novtumber Event
The news post states "In addition to the Harvest Festival seeds, magic beans are returning, and can be obtained as you gain Farming XP from lamps, or from farming itself. These can be used to create the Farmer's outfit, or exchanged with Martin the Master for seeds and a cosmetic hoe."
- Mod Obeith responded to a reddit post about this:
- "Hi Guys,
- This was a mistake in the newspost and there is no way to get hold of the farmers outfit through magic beans. The only way to get hold of these parts is from the skill outfit slot on TH, the promotional outfit slot or when it returns on Vic or the Thaler store.
- We brought back the magic beans as they were a very popular part of the previous promotion, allowing players to get hold of some extra seeds. The mistake happened because they were previously also used to create the outfits.
- We will be updating the news post shortly."
2015 method of obtaining
- I also got magic beans from a non-farming Treasure Hunter lamp. I believe it only happens with TH lamps, as it didn't happen during my dailies/weeklies (such as jack of trades, lamp from Meg in Player Owned Ports, Tears of Guthix, etc.).