Where can monkfish be caught? 126.96.36.199 08:05, 27 May 2007 (UTC)
Monkfish in runescape appear to share a resemblance to domo-kun, or at least it looks like it to me. Is it just a coincidence?188.8.131.52 00:10, 4 August 2008 (UTC)
i cooked 224 on a fire and burnned 49
This is in need of a cleanup, it mentions monkfish being better xp than sharks and as fast as lobsters basicly twice. I'm all in for deleting the second time, it has many grammatical errors. Jdogy15 14:42, 26 January 2009 (UTC)
- Fishing Monkfish gets a lot faster at 95. Compared to 94, it's at least 1.5 times faster.
- J-mods have said more than once than gauntlets don't affect Monkfish.
- You get told the Lumbridge and Cooking Guild ranges burn less than normal ranges once you earn the ability to use them; I'm sure someone out there can re-play Cook's Assisstant to confirm this, if necessary. JalYt-Xil-Vimescarrot 11:26, 29 March 2009 (UTC)
Corrected spelling/grammar "tradable"
Why cannot you change the spelling "tradable" to the correct spelling "tradeable?"
Ah read forum and fixed :))
LordDarkPhantom 13:18, 6 June 2009 (UTC)
I have removed this trivia: "Monkfish is a reference to the number of different fish in the north-west Atlantic sea". I'm not sure what it means. It was added by an anonymous user about seven weeks ago, and therefore it's probably not worth trying to contact them on their talk page now. Perhaps someone could try to clarify where this is coming from, and replace it in a clearer way? Leevclarke talk 20:41, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
I don't quite get it either but I think it is a reference to the fact that the fish is caught in the fishing colony and the fishing colony is is in the north west of the world. But it doesn't really deserve a place here as you can catch a wide variety of fish in lots of places.Jamesrules90 08:16, 15 July 2009 (UTC)
He probably meant "Monkfish is a reference to a number of different fish in the north-west Atlantic sea", seeing as there are actual fish called "monkfish" that have a passing resemblance to the ones ingame. 184.108.40.206 05:12, 25 July 2009 (UTC)
- So this is really just saying "monkfish also exist in real life, and a number of different kinds can be found in the north-west Atlantic sea." Is that a fair assessment of this text? All of the other kinds of fish in RuneScape (as well as many other items, such as buckets) also exist in real life, so is it really worth mentioning it in this article? The wpalso template at the bottom links to the Wikipedia article with information on real-life monkfish, so that seems like enough. It could just be coincidence about the north-west thing. Leevclarke talk 21:03, September 30, 2009 (UTC)
- Can someone remove the last trivia that in my opinion is price manipulation?
- Flipping adices in the trivia? Mmmmm fishy...lol fishy....
- The Creador.
Makes no Sense
Based on a sample of 2000 raw monkfish cooked in Neitiznot at level 86 cooking with cooking gauntlets, exactly 6 monkfish were burned, resulting in a burn rate of about .3%.
At level 90 Cooking (use a range to stop burning), players burn about 1 out of every 28 monkfish or about 1 out of every 60 with Cooking Gauntlets.
At 90 you burn more than at 86? Something went wrong here..Masterbow 17:54, December 28, 2010 (UTC)
Conflicting no-burn levels.
The article says you stop burning monkfish on a range with cooking gauntlets at 87. Yet below, in the samples there's a 1 in 60 chance of burning on a range with gauntlets at 90? Please fix this.
Optimal healing level
Before I edited the article, it claimed that Monkfish heal 1240 at 60+ constitution, however, I am 60 constitution, and they only heal me 960. I changed the optimal level to 62 (same as cooking requirement). Can anyone confirm?
I suspect that all foods' optimal levels are their cooking requirement, and it seems that all foods heal (optimal level * 20). 220.127.116.11 23:25, December 10, 2012 (UTC)