How much xp do you get from turning in points. Is it a point by point thing, or is it for every point more you give you get a little bit more for per point? Mathwiz908 22:21, 2 September 2008 (UTC)
I hear that the xp is 25*Level you wish to raise. SO its sorta like a suped up genie lamp. Ex. I want to use 6 points on my Summoning level 53 so 25*53*6=7,950
Can someone verify this, also use the 4 ~'s after you are done typing. Mathwiz908 01:52, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
- yes that's correct K9 Mark III 11:05, October 17, 2010 (UTC)
Do you need the notebook in your inventory to get points, or can it be in your bank? Mathwiz908 01:56, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
- I got points with the book in my bank Mamabear47 06:52, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
Points can be accumulated without the notebook entirely, however the notebook serves as a reminder of the points you have and the penguins you have located.
it's not brimhaven for the clue refering to where banana theives are. it's near the swordfish/lobster pier. South of that next to the house. If you are planning to make it through to the next area but don't have at least 30 penguins found, then you will have less of a chance of joining this awesome clan.
Penguin Locations (September Week 1)
I've heard there's a penguin inside Varrock. And I've found the Port Phasmatys penguin on the southwesternmost point of the town, just south of the General Store. Could someone make the location of the Karanja penguin a little clearer? --Danielduende 05:52, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
What disguise are the Draynor penguins using? And what specific areas are roamed by the Varrock penguins? (i couldn't find them) --Danielduende 10:50, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
Found one in Etceteria, in a bush, in the coal mine Zebe311 15:09, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
The pictures of locations are pretty worthless since the penguins move around so much. The minimap pic is ok for a generla idea, but the exact spot does not last long enough for a pic to be relevant.--Degenret01 01:06, 4 September 2008 (UTC)
A Community-Related Question.
A day or two ago, this article mentioned a popular world for Penguin Hide and Seek, as well as a clan created to share information related to the Distraction/Diversion. Do any of you remember which world it was, and the name of the Clan's leader? I've taken quite an interest in this little game, and I have no-one with whom to discuss it.Hanakoshi 20:43, 6 September 2008 (UTC)
- World 60 - Clan chat: "
Riods2525" 20:58, 6 September 2008 (UTC)
Riods2524is defunct as of 9 March 2009
- World 9 - Clan chat : "
- World 60 - Clan chat : "
- REDIRECT user:kytti khat/sig 20:37, 8 October 2008 (UTC)
Penguin Findis also defunct as of 4 May 2010
- World 60 - Clan chat : "
Joining a chat like "
lurt-ez", is HIGHLY recommended if you want to find the penguins quickly. Usually when I join the chat, I find all ten penguins on the day of release, within an hour. 12:52, 16 October 2008 (UTC). However, take the time to find the forum posting outlining the rules for the CC. Usuallu, if the CC is world specific then you are expected to go to that world before joining. It was reopened very recent due to some problems. Though still isa very good cc.
For everyone's information: the best clans I can findare the w60 pengs - Peng1 is World60Pengs and Peng 3 is W60Pengs - can't remember the rest. Please fill in, anyone else? -- 03:56, December 16, 2010 (UTC)
Is the examine for the crate penguin a reference to MGS?
- What is MGS.. Metal Gear Solid? How is it a reference. You're being so vague. 00:11, 26 September 2008 (UTC)
yes metal gear solid, i think it's a reference because it's a crate (a "disguise" you could get in most, if not all MGS games) and the examine says sneaking mission which is a term they often used in MGS
- Alright then. I'll add this info into the "Trivia" section. 03:31, 26 September 2008 (UTC)
Image:Pumpkin_spy.png|thumb|160px|wow why is there a pumpkin here?
I thought it should be noted that ( I guess just for the halloween event) there are penguins disguised as pumpkins. I spotted one on the way to get my experience from the old crone in Morytania, but I didn't have time to screenie it. The examine is: "What's black and white and smells of pumpkin?"
- Apparently, until the update's removed, all the penguins will look like pumpkins. I found one just east of the pier leading to the Ancient Cavern. Sir Revan125 17:21, 28 October 2008 (UTC)
Look what I found while air orb crafting, i was freaked out at first so i screened it. happy halloween!
While the 2 point penguins are normally in the wilderness or at quest location, this is not a rule as it points at in the trivia section. This week (don't know the number) one of the 2 point penguins hint points to castle wars which is not a quest spot and i spied it at Yanille. Evil Yanks talk09:01, 15 January 2009 (UTC) b
Well, several weeks ago I completely rewrote this article. I noticed that a request for a Clean down has been posted at the top, and so far I've seen nothing major being changed, only the minor stuff.
- First off, just curious, what is wrong with it that seems to make it have the need for a Clean Up? Since people haven't edited anything major on it, I'm assuming that it's easy to read, get the info you need, etc.
- Second, how exactly should it be cleaned up? If the 'standards' for the Clean Up don't take away from what I originally wrote, I'm willing to rewrite.
Thanks for my time, Boomer12342 20:12, 26 February 2009 (UTC)
does need to be clean up, writing style is immature and too informal.
Riods2525 cc closed
Riods2525 was the first clan chat for penguin hunting bringing organized teamwork to find penguins to world 60; it closed on or before 8 6 March. "It was a personal decision made by Riods2525 to shut down his chat." It was his personal cc and is now open only to his friends (Message: You do not have a high enough rank to join this chat channel.) Chrislee33 08:14, 21 March 2009 (UTC)
- Hmm, i always thought that penguins w60 were the first. I am sure that i saw them on the forums the day that penguins were released User talkEvil Yanks Contribs 08:16, 21 March 2009 (UTC)
- From Penguin Information by Secretwishes: "Many seem to forget that it was Riods2525 that brought penguin hunting as clan chat based D&D to World 60. Through his efforts and those original ranked; many players are able to spy on penguins in a timely manner or at thier own leisure. RIODS2525 “IS” the Original penguin hunting clan that started it all." http://forum.runescape.com/forums.ws?75,76,383,58536764,goto,2 - Riods2525 closed on 6 March - Forum 06-Mar-2009 by Riods2525 "After careful consideration, i've decided to close down my penguin hunting cc. As from now, it will no longer be accessible, only friends will be able to enter from now on.. " http://forum.runescape.com/forums.ws?75,76,295,58455583,goto,11 Chrislee33 10:17, 21 March 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, Riods was one of the original groups started on Day 1, and was the only major group for a while. To be frank though, Riods didn't care about the chat/group at all/very much. Sure, he opened his chat on September 2, but he put two other people in charge, Secret & Heaven. The only thing Riods did was keep his chat open & rank/ban names given to him by Secret & Heaven. Soon Riods started ranking his friends to Generals, and they just went on a rampage and did random kicks all the time, clearing out the chat even at times. Heaven decided to split the group then and there, and since she controlled the forums, it was easy enough just to change which channel the thread would advertise. Some ranked followed Heaven into Team Penguin (Penguins_W60), others stayed behind with Secret. Since Riods is closed now, I see no harm in posting this, and hopefully it will clear out some confusion. Secret decided to close her next group, btw, because of an extremely rude player whom has been causing havoc with penguin groups for a few months now. Boomer12342 15:06, 22 March 2009 (UTC)
After "Hunt For Red Raktuber"
Now this quest is over, we have Larry replaced by the zoo's polar bear as a contact for penguin hunting. The quest specifically mentions "Penguin Hunter bonus" in the rewards, and the update page on the RuneScape homepage says:
"You may also find an unusual kind of spy moving around RuneScape, so keep your eyes 'well' peeled!"
A new disguise for existing penguin spies, or possibly more than 10 penguins to hunt weekly now? Disguised as a well, or hiding in wells?15:09, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
It is a Polar bear that has taken to hiding in wells around runescape, chuck asks you to keep an eye out for it too. It just adds 1 more point per week meaning you can have a max of 16 points. also if you spotted the polar bear yesterday in the well in Rellekka it will say you have already spotted it today in Falador well and will not get a point for it, this is probably a glitch and wil hopefully be corrected by jagex. Wylsey 06:54, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
Reccently new 2010 cc
Lurt-ez is the recently new cc.He plans to play much longer and rank much more keeping order, and keeping everyone happy. He started cc recently and is just starting to advertise for newcomes not friends. This is all the info i have on the clan. Though it plans to be a very succesfull cc.
I've done some fixing up to the article. I removed a lot of repetition, some things were repeated up to 3-4 times. I also changed the structure to put the "Trapping" facts into the trapping section, and moving some other info about to suit the section it should be in. It should be easier to find the details you are looking for now.
I also added the "optional quest requirement" section for people to know which quests to do to access some areas that penguins are at. I think I may be missing one or two though, has there ever been a penguin in Burgh De Rott? If so, I'll need to add In Aid of Myreque too. Evil king j 21:00, 19 June 2009 (UTC)
- Not sure if they have been to Burgh De Rott, looks good so far though. Andrew talk 20:59, 19 June 2009 (UTC)
- No penguin has ever been seen in Burgh De Rott. And since certain players have cracked the pattern used to determine where penguins spawn each week, I can tell you that there will never be a penguin in Burgh De Rott unless this event is updated.
Polar Bear in F2P
I just saw the polar bear at World 49, at the Rimmington well. Is he supposed to be there? --01:18, January 22, 2010 (UTC)
Popular Penguin Location
Every week i check like 5 different worlds for a penguin in the house in seers village for elemental workshop (house will anvil sign next to bank) and almost every single time theres 1 there! i highly encourage people to do this.
Just noted that the calculator gives a hugely misleading total for the amount of cash received for trading in points. Above the calculator it states that the cash reward is equivalent to 6500 coins/penguin point but the figure produced by the calculator takes into account the skill level entered (irrelevant in this equation). For trading in 16 points at lvl 91 it tells me that I'll get 36400xp (sounds about right) and 591 500 coins (obviously incorrect).
- I will take a look at this and see what's up.
01:10, July 24, 2010 (UTC)
- I fixed it. Yay! 01:14, July 24, 2010 (UTC)
Fixing up Pt 2
Did another major fix up today because a lot of the info was disorganised and there were many unnecessary headings. It's much easier to find what you are looking for now. Evil king j 23:07, October 2, 2010 (UTC)
All possible spawn locations?
Shouldn't there be a comprehensive list of ALL possible locations in this article? I see the link to the current week's penguins (10 locations) but not a complete list of all possible spawn points. I do not know this information, so I can not compile it myself. Neither is there a history section in the current's week's location article.
IntrepidX 20:17, September 29, 2011 (UTC)
There are a total of 67 spawn locations, 34 1pointers, 33 2 pointers. Before v118 there were only 64. You can find a list on thread "Penguin Pattern Round 2" by Aveo7 in the D&D section of Runescape official forums.
The penguins were origionally paired up into 32 groups, on a set pattern, however at v118, the patern was changed, and a few spawns were added. We are very close to cracking this new pattern however, the thread mentioned above is our research thread.
Dylan Mon 42, Captain, Team Penguins.
World60pengs, W60pengs, W60pengu, W60pengy
- See [[Penguin Hide and Seek/Previous Locations]]. I might incorporate the strand theory there as well once I fully understand it. 13:49, October 6, 2011 (UTC)
Some Like It Cold
Seems to be a penguin dressed in Ghostly Robes (it's ghostly looking anyways). Need the ring of visibility on to spy it. It seems to move around runescape visiting different cities for a few minutes and then vanishes again.
Is there a reason to keep Template:Penguin rewards in this article? The JS calculator does the same function, and we provide the simple formula for calculating your own points. It's a massive eyesore, and is not very easy to navigate in lower resolutions. I wanted to add a collapsed table around the template, so it could be expanded by choice is a user desired, but the template does not allow for to the best of my knowledge. Heaven Sent (talk) 04:29, March 11, 2015 (UTC)