- Indeed, it doesn't make sense to have a picture of something not mentioned in the article. --22.214.171.124 23:36, 12 June 2008 (UTC)
- Agreed, it should be removed until it's explained. Would be nice to keep but it could just be fake. 126.96.36.199 15:57, 13 January 2009 (UTC)
it says in the article that this crossbow if used in conjunction with ruby bolts can hit like 100 and 200 or w/e but its not really the crossbow taking any part in that hit, its just the special of the bolts, so why should that be in the article. Also these bolts can be used with an addy c bow as well and on the addy c bow page it does not have this statement about the ruby bolts. So just wondering should that stay there or be removed? --Timwac 10:05, 21 March 2009 (UTC)
Date of release? Edit
I remember the time before rune crossbows existed, but I can't recall how many years that'd be ago. Anyone wants to search when this bow was released and could add it to the article please :]? thanks! --20:46, December 22, 2009 (UTC)
This needs a clean-up. It needs multiple things:
- Price of making one from scratch
- Good uses
- Training with...
- Good ammo it can be used with
- Places it is commonly used
- Price history
- Good uses? You mean like.. killing things? And training ranged is covered in the ranged training guides. It's commonly used near monsters, and it has price history there, along with price history being available on the Runescape website. However, the price of making one from scratch is something I'd like to see, definitely. 188.8.131.52 21:29, November 16, 2011 (UTC)
theres a strech glitch with rune cbow and a guthix stole , can someone take a pic or make a gif file? btw this glitch is back in-game XzarDragon 14:48, June 9, 2010 (UTC)
cmon god dammit -.- XzarDragon 16:45, June 9, 2010 (UTC)
Other Crossbows Edit
Shouldn't the box with links to the other types of crossbows be above the trivia? I would change it myself but I'm not quite sure how.
- Thanks for catching that. I fixed it. ʞooɔ 23:12, June 14, 2010 (UTC)
Can anyone tell me some good shields to wear while using this? Thanks.12:59, July 3, 2011 (UTC)
- Why would it be any different to the shield you normally wear? Wear the shield with the best defensive bonuses against the enemy you're fighting. If you're safespotting, with little chance of damage, and you don't think you'd need defensive bonuses, wear an Unholy Book if you can. 184.108.40.206 21:15, November 16, 2011 (UTC)
This article mentions at the beginning that the rune crossbow is the second most accurate crossbow after the chaotic crossbow (true), and then later it says that it is the 'second strongest crossbow in the game', except for Karil's, basically. In fact, Karil's and Chaotic are both more accurate, so it is technically the third-most accurate crossbow in the game. However, at the same time, Karil's is 2-handed, so are we not counting it in the intro? I also reckon that 'strongest' shouldn't be used, because bows only give accuracy, not ranged strength. 220.127.116.11 21:14, November 16, 2011 (UTC)
Information request regarding ammunitionEdit
EOC: information, the crossbow doesn't appear to be able to fire certain types of enchanted bolts, ruby, dragonstone, diamond bolts all did not work, however opal did
- Hi, thanks for your question. As a fellow free player, I also had the same question so I did some research. But first things first; I added a title above your edit because there was none. I feel "Information request regarding ammunition" is neutral enough.
- Now, to answer your question; The article on Bolts is not very helpful for F2P, as members-only items are not denoted on it in any way. The official forums provided excellent information though, and I also made heavy use of the grand exchange and ranged target dummies. Useful links: Runite bolts, Diamond bolts, Ruby bolts, Emerald bolts, though some of these bolts you already mentioned. Here's what I found out:
- The best F2P bolts for us are: Rune (Runite) / Diamond / Ruby / Emerald as all of them are Tier 50, or at least they count as being 50 here, because diamond bolts have to scale down to our weapon level (because rune is lower tier than the bolts' level). They all do 480 Damage when fired from a rune crossbow therefore.
- You can obtain some (5) Runite bolts from Valaine's Shop of Champions (Slightly cheaper than from other players, usually - check G.E. prices.) The other bolts aren't available in NPC shops.
- Smith / Fletch / Craft the ammo yourself if you're playing ironman mode. Or as usual the grand exchange sells them, if you can trade. The special bolts are all cheaper than rune, as of today. From cheapest to most expensive the order is: Emerald, Ruby, Diamond, Runite. Not that any of them would sell at market price, mind you. Street price is higher for all four.
- In this (our) situation, normal rune bolts are the same as the gem tipped variants when it comes to damage, but the gem-tipped ones may cost more in the future so do your research. (Currently they cost less.)
- Just to reiterate: Even if the tooltip says otherwise, diamond bolts will not do more damage than rune. Higher level ammo scales down to the firing weapon's tier, which is only rune. Hope this helps, it certainly helped me. 3ICE (talk) 02:35, February 26, 2018 (UTC)