The update on 1/13 allows for flatpack bonuses, I haven't tested this though.
Can or can't it be used for Construction? And if so, does it give xp? 18.104.22.168 20:06, 13 November 2008 (UTC)
Rune sword xp boost
Are you sure the boost is 105.5? Or was it the total experience you got? If this was the case the xp boost is also 30.5 since a rune bar brings normally 75 xp. Apostata 16:54, 21 November 2008 (UTC)
I've taken the liberty of cleaning up the article, so I have removed the cleanup template. However, since there's still plenty of information that needs to be added, I didn't remove the stub template. Soldier 1033talk 22:44, 11 December 2008 (UTC)
Exactly how long does it last?
It'd be great if we could work this out; if you have any data towards this please add it here. Please include your skill level in the relevant skill also, as I heard a rumor that they last longer if your skill level is higher (this would explain the discrepancy in some of the numbers people have added). It seems clear that the charge used depends on the number of bars or planks used, rather than the number of items produced. Also from my experience, it seems that 10% charge on a volatile tool lasts about the same as 10% charge on a sacred clay tool, but I have yet to check this exactly. With one hammer I got through 426 oak planks, but the last item I made used 6, so the hammer may have "run out" after 421 planks. My construction level went from 62 to 64 in the process. So...
- 421-426 oak planks at 62-64 construction Stewbasic 00:12, 14 January 2009 (UTC)
Actually nevermind about the level dependence. I just confirmed the 513 Adamantite bars at 79 smithing, and someone with 77 smithing arrived at exactly the same number. Stewbasic 16:58, 14 January 2009 (UTC)
Possible Error in Calculation?
I've recently done a series of Oak Larders for the construction side of this hammer and have come up with 50,750xp each time I've used it. Each Larder gives 480xp normally, and with the hammer gives double (960xp). But on the last Larder I recieved only 895xp, indicating that the hammer had run out of charge before all the xp could be doubled (and if you work it out, 415xp has been doubled to 830 xp and the remaining 65xp has been recieved at a regular oak plank rate. I think the editor of this page and its calculations has made mistakes by not factoring this in. Adamchrome 06:37, 29 January 2009 (UTC)
- Update: I've calculated, using the previous editors figures, and they all end up on 50,750xp remaining if you take into account the fact that the tool doesn't give all the xp before crumbling. I will edit this post and continue testing with other tools Adamchrome 07:11, 29 January 2009 (UTC)
- Update: Using a Sacred clay hammer, it is not at all dependant on level.
- if you are level 1 Smithing or level 99 Smithing, a sacred clay hammer will last for 67,500 smithing exp
- if you are level 1 Construction or level 99 Construction, a sacred clay hammer will last for 50,750 experience
- i have tested both of these multiple times and reset my exp counter also.
- if anyone tries to tell you otherwise do not listen! - Msf - 4:23, Sunday 29th October 2010
My con lv is 61, and I get 48k out of each hammer, which is different than the article says. I think it is influenced by level. Dsctatom 01:23, 25 May 2009 (UTC)
- guys it isnt how high your level is the hammer lasts for so many items some items have more planks then others = more exp i currently have 91 con workin on 96 atm then need to make more money for 99 —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) on 18:38, October 19 2009 (UTC).
- Quote taken from the article: "The experience received in construction is constant, regardless of plank type. Each Sacred Clay Hammer will give 50,750 experience (25,375 bonus) before crumbling to dust. The Sacred Clay Hammer will NOT give extra experience for the portion of experience that exceeds the 50,750 experience limit, but it will give the bonus experience up to that point." Read it, and see what you think of. • NnK Oliver • (600613) talk 01:00, December 4, 2009 (UTC)
- Hey. If i have two sacred clay hammers in my inventory, and the first runs out of charge (and would normally give me reduced double exp, if I only had one), will I still get the full exp? Haertyew 23:19, July 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Nope, the second hammer stays at 100%, and you get the same xp as if it weren't there. Stewbasic 15:39, July 31, 2010 (UTC)
- Darn. By the way, I got 51760 experience with the hammer recently, not 50750. Just throwing that out there.Haertyew 19:56, August 3, 2010 (UTC)
- I also found the smithing xp to be wrong when I tested it. Maybe both of these amounts were updated? Anyway if you're sure that's the number, change the article? Stewbasic 03:21, August 4, 2010 (UTC)
For smithing the table is described as how many items you can make with one hammer, but the table content is how much xp you get using the hammer.
I went ahead and fixed that04:36, March 5, 2011 (UTC)
Stacking with Pendants of Smithing
Just in case anyone was wondering, the sc hammer stacks multiplicatively with a Pendant of Smithing; and the sc hammer's boost is used before the pendant's boost. (I.e. an item that gives 100 exp base, will be doubled to 200 exp by the sc hammer; of which half is added because of the pendant, for a total of 300 exp). IP126.96.36.199 (talk) 16:59, June 13, 2013 (UTC)
- Due to the bonus XP change, I'm assuming it now goes 100 * hammer = 200 * bonus XP = 400 Dsctatom (talk) 00:04, December 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Actually it goes 100 * bonus xp, whereby bonus xp = all forms of bonus experience including the hammer, fallen stars, pendants etcTemplate:Signatures/Ciphrius Kane 00:11, December 5, 2013 (UTC)