This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!--13:36, January 8, 2010 (UTC)
The article states: "This prayer is also practical for non-PVP situations, such as Slayer tasks. This prayer can be utilised for easier tasks such as Dust Devils and Fire Giants...". This is debatable since both Protect and Deflect from melee prayers only drain 20 points per minute and offer complete protection in this scenario, while Soul Split drains 30 points per minute to heal the player.Parusa 13:49, February 12, 2011 (UTC)
- The fact that you can simply prayer-flash Soul Split and heal nearly indefinitely makes it arguably better.
- 06:09, March 31, 2011 (UTC)
- Can't the same be said for all prayers including Protect and Deflect ? I wouldn't consider prayer flashing intended behaviour anyway. But, now that I think about it, Soul Split only needs to be used when the player wants to heal so it probably does end up draining less regardless. Parusa 15:29, March 31, 2011 (UTC)
- You do make a good point, but I have a friend who flashes Soul Split for everything from slayer tasks to bossing to Dungeoneering floors to even pvp stuff. He says it's much more effective that way, since it'll last essentially forever. And of course, if you want to keep it on, you can always do that. It has a higher drain rate, yes (30ppm as opposed to 20ppm for Deflects/Protects), but if used properly it can last quite a long time.
- 20:19, March 31, 2011 (UTC)
PvP Heals 40%
I've noticed in situations where I'm against other players who have Soul Split, they seem to heal more than 20% with their hits. A friend of mine has it, and he's noticed it makes a much bigger difference against players - as opposed to monsters. We went and tested it at the Duel Arena, and every hit he connected with seemed to heal around 40%, as opposed to the advertised 20% that we all know so well. For instance, he healed 207 LP from a hit of 510. There's no way that's only 1/5th. In fact, it comes out to ~40.59%. Lower hits (say, 21), don't heal quite as consistently (he healed 13, which is closer to 60%), but I considered them outliers for the most part. Those values were somewhat insignificant anyway. I've brought this to attention because I feel like we should test it in more situations, and if it DOES consistently heal 40% against players, we should make it known.
17:48, April 2, 2011 (UTC)
- I have now gained Soul Split for myself and tested it thoroughly in a variety of PvP situations (various minigames, within the wilderness, etc.) and can confirm that it DOES heal 40% against players at all times.
- 18:14, April 6, 2011 (UTC)
I got a question about the healing effect of Soul Split, does soul split heal you when YOUR poison hits your opponent?
20% of 500 damage is 100 not 200.
20% of 1000 is 200, so 20% of 500 is 100.
bullshit i have to say i am dissapointed. its seriously unbalances minigames (especially when combined with ice/blood barrage) this prayer is basically the noobtube of runescape
I have a scenario for you...
What if you had full guthans, soul split, and on an enhanced exc. spec, and vampirism active, and a bunyip summoned. what would be the healing if guthans activates? maybe this will be good along with blood barrage.
21:19, October 11, 2012 (UTC)
It might be, provided you didn't lose a tonne of accuracy from wearing melee armour. The bunyip would hardly help, either. Does the guthans effect even work if maging? Side note: You also can't use the Guthans set with Enhanced Excalibur. Plus it lost its special. Stinky Troll 06:17, December 29, 2012 (UTC)
How would anyone know it's improper grammar? 220.127.116.11 14:17, September 20, 2014 (UTC)