Other fansite guides
Not up yet:
- temp guide on forum http://www.runecrypt.com/forum/index.php?showforum=3
- temp guide on forum - http://runevillage.net/ThePub/viewforum.php?f=153&sid=4bc4b4b7827fe92d0882cef103698778
- thanks for getting it, added more - template on my user page - Chrislee33 22:29, 19 February 2007 (UTC)
Tower of Life guides
- RuneCrypt final guide - http://www.runecrypt.com/index.php?pid=849
- RuneHq - http://www.runehq.com/RHQQuestsView.php?id=00864
- RuneVillage forum - http://www.runevillage.net/ThePub/viewtopic.php?t=402764
- RuneVillage final guide - http://runevillage.com/rs2Quests/quest2TowerOfLife.php . Chrislee33 03:07, 25 February 2007 (UTC)
- So far, 4 guides including ours are up. Chrislee33 22:46, 19 February 2007 (UTC)
- tip.it http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2quest_id=156 . Chrislee33 21:05, 21 February 2007 (UTC)
- Sal's - http://runescape.salmoneus.net/quests/TowerOfLife.html . Chrislee33 04:25, 22 February 2007 (UTC)
- Zybex - http://www.zybez.net/quests.php?id=126 . Chrislee33 04:31, 23 February 2007 (UTC)
Forums, no complete guide yet
- Tip.it - http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=617853
- Sal's - http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=115895
- add 2 forums without complete guide yet Chrislee33 23:02, 19 February 2007 (UTC)
Speculation Tower of Life
Players may use the following item to create a new monster:
- Eye of newt
- Raw Jubbly
- Raw Lobster
- Raw Sardine
- Red spider egg
- Raw swordfish
- Raw chicken
- Giant frog legs
- Raw cave eel
- Unicorn horn
- Cow hide
From mixing the items you get a mixed creature. The monsters turn one of their ingredients into many ingredients.
- Unicows for expample drop unicorn horns
- The monsters drop various types of satchels (green, rune, black, ...)
Some apparent glitches:
- 2 Questpoints of completion image, only 1 questpoint awarded. Players will get the missing QP when they log in again.
- Teleport was not working in new dungeon and mage attacks on other players were (are?) possible. (like the early Abyss glitch). Watch out!
- Bonafido states - "Hahaha, don't be a plonka!" which is a variation of the term plonker. It's a British and Australian derogatory slang for a very stupid person. From the British TV sitcom "Only Fools and Horses" (1981-1996, 2001-2003) in which the main character Derek "Del Boy" Trotter often referred to his daft brother Rodney as "a right plonker".
I don't see why this is here at all. We don't say "Effigy uses the word "the", a word of Latin origin which..." I don't see why the term "plonka" needs to be here either. They didn't use the phrase "plonker" specifically to refernece Only Fools, the phrase has long since grown out of it. JalYt-Xil-Vimescarrot 17:05, 20 February 2007 (UTC)
- It's a term most players in the United States and others outside of Britain and Australia would not know. That's the reason for listing it in trivia. Other plonka trivia are listed at http://plonka.us/PlonkaTrivia.html#ToC5 , I just used the one that applied in the context of how Bonafido used it. Vimescarrot, good to get some British feedback on this; add more to it... thanks, Chrislee33 21:21, 20 February 2007 (UTC)
- "British feedback?" And I'm still confused as to why it's in Trivia. Yes, Americans may not have heard of it, but that doesn't make it part of the "trivia" section - that's for small amusing facts. If anything, this deserves a link in the article main to Wiktionary, or Urbandictionary, or something. JalYt-Xil-Vimescarrot 21:29, 20 February 2007 (UTC)
- The source came from a Plonka trivia page. Things in the main article should only be for the quest walkthrough. Anything not related to doing the quest directly should go into the Trivia section. We could rename the section to go beyond 'small amusing facts' - I'll try Trivia and More.... Any other ideas for a new name? Chrislee33 21:57, 20 February 2007 (UTC)
- The British feedback was in reference to your statement - "They didn't use the phrase "plonker" specifically to refernece Only Fools, the phrase has long since grown out of it." I wanted you to say more about this since you are from the south-east of England. thanks Chrislee33 23:16, 20 February 2007 (UTC)
- Oh...fair enough. Trivia and more sounds fine, come to think of it it's kinda hard to place, really. And....Hmm, "plonker" isn't actually from Only Fools, it's just used a hell of a lot in it. Rodney, you plonker! JalYt-Xil-Vimescarrot 07:49, 21 February 2007 (UTC)
Why does it say it's the 120th quest but the realease date unknown?
Possible Stone of Jas/Fist of Guthix connection?
When alchemists are talking about creating life, they talk about the power of Guthix in the ground. Later, the Homunculus said they "use essence of Guthix power" and "make me with godly power". Could this be related to the Fist of Guthix/Stone of Jas? 18.104.22.168 17:29, February 15, 2010 (UTC)