Got 3 clue locations, dont remember scan range....
Desert (North of nardah, east of the river elid) Far north area
Keldagrim: East of the tracks at blast furnace
Relekka slayer caves: At turoths
Brightflash 14:53, August 7, 2010 (UTC)
No concrete scan locations?
I had another two fishing colony scans, one behind the falconry area and another just south of the entrance to Piscatoris
Looking at the number of spots in each region, it doesn't seem too unlikely that the next clue could really be in any arbitrary location within the specified range.
new location chaos tunnels
i found a new location in the chaos tunnels from a scan clue scroll.
its at the deadly red spiders near the moss giant entrance.
i couldnt edit the page so i just had to tell it here.
someone please edit .
It seems to me that the location near Brother Galahad and the one near the Champion's Guild have the exact same map image. How do you know which to go to?
Chaos Tunnel Room Numbers?
In the scan clue information for Chaos Tunnels, some list room numbers, others are vague like "next to" instead of a compass direction. "Next to" needs to be fixed. And where are these room numbers to be found? I've checked this wiki and the rs knowledgebase and map, and I'm not seeing numbers. Mamabear47 09:07, August 14, 2010 (UTC)
The Scans page is very useless.
We need something better as a guide on the Treasure_Trails/Guide/Scans page. Maybe something like this:
Here's an example image I made (and tried to upload, not sure if it worked correctly)
Clearly I'm incapible of doing the job, but perhaps someone is up for it? And making it look neat? Godel 02:31, August 27, 2010 (UTC)
I like what you did, it would have saved me from the severe frustration and anger I currently have at all 6 of my attempts at this scan clue failing. Dsctatom 04:17, August 28, 2010 (UTC)
It's a very good idea. Do you have access to information for all the locations? Henneyj 23:45, August 30, 2010 (UTC)
I made a picture of a clue I had at Zanaris. Here you go: http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/7779/elitescanzanarisgatemin.png this is the best I could do. Grtz Soanvolck.
- Besides what's on the Treasure_Trails/Guide/Scans page, no XD. Also I don't really have the proper image skills to do this myself, nor would it be very accurate. I think we need someone that has the skills as well as a decent knowledge of the locations to do it instead. Godel 11:18, September 8, 2010 (UTC)
- Really like the 1 image map with all locations, i think this does need to be done.. or something similar. This page is need a uniform structure Gaz 10:59, September 24, 2010 (UTC)
- I agree with this clever idea however there are many scans out there that have not been recorded. So I think this should wait untill most, if not all, scans have been recorded. If not then this pic will be edited over and over again. 06:30, January 18, 2011 (UTC)
Scans... What. A. Mess!
I just had a look at some of the scans and they are a complete mess! Can someone organise them so that they are a little easier to read? I'd do it myself but I'm busy gathering more information on Elite Treasure Trial clues. Don't worry about me making the mess. I organise my info. 06:26, January 18, 2011 (UTC)
Compass picture in Scan section
There was a compass solution picture in the Scanning section for "East of the Eild and north of Nardah" for the location "Near the north edge of Uzer". I have removed the picture and moved the text solution among the other picture-less ones as it wasn't a Scan solution picture. Does anyone know if it is truly a Scan solution and only requires a picture?19:22, June 21, 2011 (UTC)
Monastery Elite Compass Location
This looks like it's a new location, I can't find it in the list. Between the monastery in Edgeville and Ice Mountain.Egdcltd 15:51, November 26, 2011 (UTC)
Also, here's a capture of the scan point at the end of the Aquanite cave
[[File:Scan clue Fremennik slayer Dungeon east end of aquanite room.jpg|thumb]]
I added the "monkey colony" location for the Desert locations for Elite clue scroll Compass type. I took a picture, and I can send it by email to someone, however I do not wish to sign up for a wiki account. Anyone of the contributors feel free to email me at email@example.com and request the picture.
Varrock scan problem
I have a varrock scan, but I have visited all the supposed places the clue could lead to 3 times, and also gone on a traipse around the area while clicking scan. Tried logging out and back in. I have my volume turned up and I can hear that bulby sound go off, I don't know whether that is part of it but it is louder around the south gate area. It keeps saying, "You are too far away and nothing scans." Please help :)13:54, September 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Never mind, got it.
03:58, September 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Just realised the "bulby sound" is ambient music... ha. 13:54, September 14, 2012 (UTC)
Have any locations been repeated?
Has anyone had a scan clue lead them to _exactly_ the location as one someone has already found? If this doesn't happen, it would suggest that the locations really are just chosen randomly from the entire area, rather than from a small number of possibilities. The screenshots on the page are a good idea, but it'd be great if we could also record the coordinates of the locations found. This would both help determine whether the number of locations is small, and also help people find them if that is the case. As far as I can tell, this location isn't in the East Kharidian desert list: http://imgur.com/Sxq0D (1o13' south, 31o1' east). Stewbasic (talk) 23:12, November 1, 2012 (UTC)
Unlisted Kharidian Desert location
5 degrees, 58 minutes south; 30 degrees, 50 minutes east. Also a Guthix Wizard (my first elite, so I don't know if they're guaranteed on scans). Nothing special here. (talk) 22:26, November 9, 2012 (UTC)
Found a Guthix wizard here: http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/323/guthixwiz.png
Uploaded new ones
Uploaded a couple of locations - one fremmy scan wasn't on map; other was a confirmation at tyras... I assume someone can grab em from my profile and do appropriate Stuff with em.Armcie (talk) 21:58, April 9, 2013 (UTC)
- Not with such non-descriptive file names I can't. Give more details on where they are and I'll move the files and add them to the page. 21:59, April 9, 2013 (UTC)
New scan location in Chaos Tunnels:
SW of Gargoyles @ lvl 5 Entrance.
Guthix mage appears next to the mummies!184.108.40.206 18:02, April 13, 2013 (UTC)Flaker91
Mos Le harmless new scan location
I just had a scan clue scroll direct me to the middle of the clothes shop just north east of the docks. I don't know how to add images or anything. Sorry. 04ismailjj6 (talk) 12:23, April 18, 2013 (UTC)
I found what looks like a new location in Dorgesh-Kaan. No wizard fight. I have no idea how to edit the wiki, so I hope someone who does can do so and finds this helpful. =) —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Pufflegirl7 (talk) on 07:04, June 12, 2013.
New location: Varrock Castle
A scan clue led me to the courtyard of Varrock castle (where the tree trunk is). No wizard fight.
New Dorgesh-Kaan location
I found another location in Dorgesh-Kaan. On the upper level just south of the large empty building, south of the little building with stairs. I've attached a screen capture of the location below. There was no wizard.
I had a chaos tunnels scan clue located at the zammy warriors just north of the giant crypt rats and just east of the dust devils. There was a Guthix wizard. 220.127.116.11 23:49, August 2, 2013 (UTC)
New location: Hunted woods
New Location: Taverley Dungeon
I noticed there wasn't any icons by the Blue Dragons and today my elite scan pointed there. Feel free to edit this post, I don't know how to edit on a Wiki so I may have messed up really badly. Hopefully this post/topic/thread/comment will inform someone of the new TT scan loc.
Guthixian Mage by the way.
Picture of exact location: http://imgur.com/Ak1RKwg
dec 1 2014
this scan location not on map for taverley dungeon http://i.gyazo.com/b93ba1b4475acd7626490de9929df905.jpg —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) on 15:37, December 1, 2014 (UTC).
Elven lands scan range changed
Recently, presumably on Elf city update, the elven lands scan range was change. See picture:
- Thanks for the image, I've used it to update one of the images on the page of this location that was out dated :) If you have any more scan images please try and take them in .png format as this will better image quality. Also try and take a large size image, wear default character clothing and minimise your interfaces if possible. Once again thanks for contributing this image. If you have any questions about scan clue images feel free to leave a message on my talk page. 20:43, September 28, 2014 (UTC)
- will do :D ( sry didnt see this when i got this one)
- nvm previous edit, image got cropped by rswiki —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) on 11:22, September 29, 2014 (UTC).
- less artifacts now
- btw why default clothing? lookin so ugly :( —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) on 21:07, September 29, 2014 (UTC).
Added all your images except the first desert one, which was covered by one of existing images. In addition to what IP83 said, we like to use default clothing as it gets updated less often, so using it keeps our images from looking out of date. Other items that get graphically updated more often, like armour, make images that they appear in look old when they are updated so we end up retaking the images. We need to retake less often with basic clothing.
Thanks for taking on board what I said about the default clothing and interfaces, your images are looking alot better. If you can though, take a look at [[User:Spineweilder/Screenshots guide| this guide]] on how to set your graphics in game to take better quality images. Also if you're able to make whatever you're playing Runescape on larger, e.g. maximise the browser if you're playing on a browser, that would make your images look better on the page - so far they are less wide and tall than the other images on there so they don't fix in with the other ones as well.
Thanks very much for all your images, they've been very helpul12:17, October 3, 2014 (UTC)
- first desert one, which was covered by one of existing images.
- sry thought it wasnt there >.<
- tyvm for all the feedback, btw the kelda map south of gen store leads to fally :P —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on 12:24, October 6, 2014 (UTC).
- The map should be linking to the correct image now, thanks for pointing that out :) 16:29, October 7, 2014 (UTC)
—The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) on 21:21, November 24, 2014 (UTC).
- also orania is accurate ;)
- —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) on 12:43, December 2, 2014 (UTC).
- https://puu.sh/emRn5/2e49db2519.png —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) on 13:25, January 11, 2015 (UTC).
Missing Scan Location on Mos Le'Harmless
I have discovered a scan location that is not marked on the current map of Mos Le'Harmless. Since I do not know how to edit the map, I will post a description of the area here:
In the northwest-most corner of the island, there are two palm trees ("Tropical Trees") slightly west of the northwestern-most tip of the lake. The scan location is three squares east of the more southern tree. That is to say, if you were standing "on" the tree (the same square the tree occupies), the dig spot is three squares east.
Hope someone with more experience than me can mark it! And I hope this helped.
Collector321 22.214.171.124 04:11, October 3, 2014 (UTC)
- Hey, I wanted to make sure I understood your description properly before I added the location. Is this right ? 12:22, October 3, 2014 (UTC)
Approximate Zanaris location confirmed
Here is the image for the third cosmic altar location (southernmost). Btw, mind the arrow in the southeast corner, its NOT the place my char stands. I have no idea how to update this page so I'll leave that to those with more understanding ;)
New Elven Lands Scan
Missing elven lands scan. I didn't realize it was missing until after I finished it so it's missing the arrow, sorry. Right location though, never moved from the spot. Not sure how to edit the map so I posted it here. TheButtercup (talk) 22:45, October 27, 2014 (UTC)
- Added it to the guide, thank you :) 16:30, October 28, 2014 (UTC)
I found a new clue on lumbridge swamps, here's the link to the photo:
New Mos'Le Harmless Scan
I got a scan in Mike's clothing shop, 2 paces from the south wall and 1 pace from the counter. --126.96.36.199 20:14, December 13, 2014 (UTC)
New Taverly Dungeon scan
I as well found this unlisted scan, it caught me off guard lol. anyways I posted a pic of where it was ~Neown1~
- I've retaken your image to fit in with the others on the page and added it to the list of locations. Thanks very much for adding this :) 20:05, January 2, 2015 (UTC)
For a while now, when I view this page in "Maximized" resolution, the header maps don't show in their full resolution, but when I view the page in a fixed resolution, the header maps display correctly. It seems when I view the page width at 1039px it displays correct, but 1 pixel larger makes it break. Any ideas why this happens, and how we can fix this from happening? Heaven Sent (talk) 04:56, January 3, 2015 (UTC)
- I adjusted the CSS. It seems to work for me in Oasis (and Monobook). --Saftzie (talk) 03:44, January 24, 2015 (UTC)
New location in Ardougne
My scan in Ardougne took me for ever to find. Unlike all other scan it's not west of the Dougne river, but East.... It's in the middle of the Jade Vine house. http://i.imgur.com/ymto2jx Proulxs (talk) 14:37, January 21, 2015 (UTC)
- Hey, I think I know the reason why you're having trouble finding these clues. There is a problem with this page where the maps are not displaying as they should do, namely on the wider images the right hand side of the image is being cut off and doesn't appear on the page (see the message above). This is affecting the Ardougne map and some of the other maps here. I don't know how to stop this happening so I've posted on RS:UH to see if anyone else can solve this. In the meantime you can see more of the maps by maximising the tab you have the article open in, or by zooming out of the page. You can also try taking a look at the in-game images of the locations which are listed below the map. I'm sorry this made it really difficult to find your scan. There's actually many locations in East Ardougne as well as West Ardougne! We only had rough locations for the clues you screenshotted though, so I've retaken images of these locations and added them to the guide. Thanks for posting them here, 17:16, January 23, 2015 (UTC)
News Chaos tunnel scan
- I've added this to the guide thank you :) Also someone has been able to fix the maps on the page: they now have scroll bars which let you see the other parts of them. 16:34, January 30, 2015 (UTC)
New location on Fremmenik Isles
Either there are many new locations from the treasure trail update or I'm just hunting clues too much. another one for you: http://imgur.com/3l1de1B On north of Neitznot Proulxs (talk) 11:23, February 1, 2015 (UTC)
New ardougne location
New picture for Piscatoris - West side, near boulder trap
- Added, thank you :) 15:22, February 16, 2015 (UTC)
NEw picture chaos tunnelsFound a new location is Chaos tunnels:
- Added an image to the guide, thanks :) 13:42, March 2, 2015 (UTC)
Missing Desert Scan location
Screenshot of the location, found northeast of the southernmost blue location
188.8.131.52 19:22, March 1, 2015 (UTC)
- Added this location to the guide, thank you :) 13:42, March 2, 2015 (UTC)
Would there be anyway to click/would it be possible to make on the map themselves and an X mark will show for ourselves to check them off as we go?
New picture - Taverley Dungeon
In the eastern part of the dungeon, on the west side of the chamber of magic axes - http://gyazo.com/306426c28fc519c41a85f43ed9d49876
184.108.40.206 08:31, June 6, 2015 (UTC)
New Lumbridge Swamp location
Mos Le'Harmless Clothes Shop Scan
I had this scan spot on Mos Le'Harmless today and it is not on the scan map. </p>
Thanks! But next time can you please place it on imgur? I replaced your link with an external hosting, since this wiki isn't an image hosting site for questions. --Jlun2 (talk) 15:58, July 19, 2015 (UTC)
Chaos Tunnel unlisted location
Elven map improvements
The Elven map would be much more useful if walkable paths and dense forests were mapped, like this map: [[File:Tirannwnmaplegend.png]] --XAleXOwnZX 02:05, February 10, 2016 (UTC)
Most Efficient Scan Clues
Not my property, sorry if copyrighted :<
Remaining Zamorak Wizards
- Duel clue
White wolf mountain,
I'm not sure how to edit but I had a clue so thought someone else might be able to update the article. 
- I think its the new location of [[:File:Scan clue White Wolf Mountain on top of mountain south-west of west group of ladders.png]] so I updated that based on where you got your clue. If you find anymore please let us know :) Thanks, 20:39, September 6, 2016 (UTC)
The Piscatoris Hunting Area needs to be fixed. New areas were added when Memorial to Guthix added. 220.127.116.11 05:53, March 28, 2017 (UTC)
- It also needs a better guide, along the lines of the paths at imgur. This would be easier if split. Bronzedagger (talk) 08:50, May 19, 2017 (UTC)
New location: Daemonheim
Hello, a scan clue let me to Daemonheim and there is not in the list. This is the location: https://imgur.com/a/aVnhv
- Hi there, I think that this is a compass clue. As far as I know Daemonheim isn't included in any scan clues. It looks like the first location listed on Treasure Trails/Guide/Compass#Daemonheim. 20:36, October 5, 2017 (UTC)
New heart of gielinor scan
- Have moved the file name to a more appropriate one, thanks for the help! -- 03:32, March 6, 2018 (UTC)
- The file was moved to :File:Scan clue Heart of Gielinor directly east of entrance.png. Salix of Prifddinas (Talk) 11:08, March 6, 2018 (UTC)
New Prifddinas scan
New Prifddinas scan
Master scan location in Prifddinas. [[File:Master_clue_location.png|thumb|400px|master clue scroll scan location]] --21:33, March 22, 2018 (UTC)
- It's been added, thank you :) 11:13, March 23, 2018 (UTC)
Undocumented Prifddinas Scan Location
- Added it thank you :) 12:34, May 9, 2018 (UTC)