I havent burned trout on the special lumbridge castle range since around lvl 45 cooking --Teblin1 17:07, 11 January 2009 (UTC)
- Me neither.
- I just burnt one at level 48 on a range
184.108.40.206 02:55, 17 May 2009 (UTC)Themanguy666
I just BURNED two trouts in a row and my cooking level is 48! I managed to cook around 100 in a row but i still burned some.
Should this old information be removed, or how should it be updated?
This paragraph is pretty dated. I assume it was added before the ability bar update:
- As there is high demand for food in Gunnarsgrunn, and trout can be fished there, many players like to fish trout, give them to players training cooking, who then cook them and then give them to players in need of food. This is helpful not only to the cookers and people in need of food, but to the fishers as well, since trading them is often much faster than dropping. Another spot for doing this is at Lumbridge, although people don't usually give free raws here. This is a fast way to train Fishing in Free-to-play.
Points of concern:
- People very rarely train in Gunnarsgrunn/SoS/SoPS anymore, so there's no demand for food.
- Trading is no longer faster than dropping (due to the ability bar).
- Lumbridge is probably considered the preferred location for F2P flyfishing now (because of the close bank).
With that said, I was going to say that it might be useful to keep some of it intact. Chiefly because players (primarily focused on low levels) can still get Cooking xp by picking up the dropped fish of other players and then cooking them on nearby trees or banking them. However, I just noticed that the paragraph right below it actually mentions this very activity, so I think this paragraph serves no purpose and might be better off completely removed. Zants (talk) 11:06, January 23, 2015 (UTC)