I Think All Players of Runescape who played before the HD Update and who have a total lvl of 500 should complain to jagex with me about bringing it back and reconstructiong unstable foundations to a new quest and re-instate Tutorial Island. Furthermore there should also be a new quest added when Tutorial Island is re-instated that when done allows to use the wizard guy at the bottom of Wizard's Tower to teleport back to Tutorial Island to (re-visit the basics). Who is with me? --Wolf12145
This page needs editing since there is now a new tutorial and this island isn't it anymore.
I don't thinks this article needs an update, as it does describe a previous tutorial on Runescape. I think a new article on the new tutorial is necessary. I also noticed someone requested this article be deleted (though the request is down now). I don't see why, as it is part of Runescape history. Elkayen 17:48, 14 July 2008 (UTC)
- I had already started recording gifs to put up for the new tutorial island, but it seems there is no page yet. TEbuddy 19:16, 14 July 2008 (UTC)
- I'm leaving one of my characters on Tutorial Island, so I'll be able to find any extra info from it. User:C Teng/sig 20:10, 14 July 2008 (UTC)
Hey, does anyone have an extra account that they never even used before? It could be helpful for more info. User:C Teng/sig 03:18, 16 July 2008 (UTC)
New accounts that were never logged in before are on the new tutorial.
- Yes, does anyone have a new account that was never logged in before? User:C Teng/sig 00:05, 20 July 2008 (UTC)
- Yeah I do, I'm keeping it for messing around on tutorial island though. I'm probably one of the few users with access to tutorial island. YAY! Dark 17171 talk
I have access to old tutorial island on my would-be rune pure, he had a cool name (R U N E0wnz)
- I have two Tutorial accounts; one I plan to send to Lumbridge, the other stays there. But it would be good to start on an account that has never been logged in before, so HD images can be taken of the beginning. User:C Teng/sig 19:57, 16 August 2008 (UTC)
I have an account called 8yr old nub on the island still, in all its HD glory Condor85 20:51, 27 August 2008 (UTC)
- I have a Tutorial Island account too, but has your account ever been logged on? User:C Teng/sig 15:38, 28 August 2008 (UTC)
- I did. See the new images for Tutorial Island NPCs. User:C Teng/sig 17:38, 7 September 2008 (UTC)
Tutorial Island temporarily restored
It seems they temporarily reverted to the old tutorial on 15th September . I just created an account to check it out to find that Tutorial Island is still alive and well. You can recognize my tutorial account from its bot clothing :) --Aveikyu 00:19, 17 September 2008 (UTC)
Wow sweet, in response to Aveikyu's message, I went ahead and created account and indeed, Tutorial Island lives (for the moment anyways)! Definitely keeping this guy here :D - Star82
Just thought I'd let everyone know, it's back!
Yeah, don't know why, but all new accounts are opened there :o
- this thread should help clear things up. Looks like a few articles need to be updated soon. Dtm142 01:23, 24 September 2008 (UTC)
ive noticed that the max combat lvl you can get there is 5. i think someone should add that to the article (yes i have done reached lvl five on the island) Death reap 02:17, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
Glitch or not?
Sorry for being an annony, but I was helping a friend get an account, and even though his account was created after the new tutorial (February 7, 2009) it still put him there. Is it me, or is the tutorial randomly selected from each? --18.104.22.168 00:42, 8 February 2009 (UTC)
- It's you. At the time, the new tutorial was down for repairs.Till Hell Freezes Over 16:07, June 8, 2012 (UTC)
is it possible to see some one on tutorial island if u find the right place too? 22.214.171.124 19:51, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
No, it isn't. The Magic Tutor unlocks the Lumbridge home teleport. You can't use it anytime before hand.17:56, 14 July 2009 (UTC)
I made a charachter, and that person never finished Tutorial Island. If I log in as that account, will they still be on tutorial island?
- Yes, I added the picture of the guy using the objectie tab on tut island Frozen4322 01:45, September 25, 2009 (UTC)
Personally, I think that they should trash all of these new tutorials. To me they're trash; Tutorial Island was far, far better and covers far more skills than just Combat and Woodcutting OR Mining. Cmon Jagex, bring back Tutorial Island in all of its original glory! No changes! (Except maybe a small intro to the Advisor, and I also get the odd feeling that throwing in a player-spoof demonstration of something that may have been added recently would be nice...like Summoning?) Quantum0700 21:48, March 29, 2010 (UTC)
summoning wouldnt work cuz u need to complete a quest to starrt it...maybe thieving, or fletching would do well
One of the last remaining players...?
I doubt that, I'm sure many players have accounts on Tutorial Island. I do hope they do something with that piece of land in the future.
Technically, it still exists. It's still on the world map, you just can't get to it. Remove the template and maybe make an edit? Lord Captain Cecil Harvey 00:38, September 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, I know the Tutorial Island is there and players can't get to the island. |0ComeKillLah, Meh|Talk to me!|
There are total of 3 floors in the bank, second floor contains 2 golden statue sculptures, few gold bar piles, nm special, and ladders for 3rd, small floor. And this smallish room has nothing but 2 chests and few lit candles on wall. Interesting, ain't it?
It still exists....
Tutorial island still exists, you can see it from bottom of Wizards' Tower peninsula, as well on the world map. It's not used any more, but it's still there. I don't think the article should put EVERYTHING in the past tense or put the banner on top saying it doesn't exist.
- Tutorial island is inaccessible, and cannot be used. Past tense makes sense.
Moved all photos to a Level 2 headline gallery.
07:58, February 15, 2011 (UTC)
Why is this article in the past tense, and why does it have the little message on the top saying it no longer exists. It's still on the world map, you can still see a good portion of it using the Orb of Occulus from the Wizards' Tower. Just because it no longer serves the purpose it once did, doesn't mean that this article should be written like it has been blown up or something... —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk).
- Players can no longer go there, therefore it is in past tense.
- REDIRECT User:Urbancowgurl777/Signature 03:55, May 14, 2011 (UTC)
- As Urbancowgurl already stated, the reason why the article is written in past-tense with the "No longer exists" message is because whilst the location itself is still in-game, it is no longer accessible since new players automatically start the Unstable Foundations quest upon entering the game for the first time, nor does it serve any actual purpose at the moment. It would make no sense at all to rewrite the article in present-tense and remove the "No longer exists" message since the island itself has no use or purpose currently. However, if Jagex ever decides to re-use Tutorial Island for a new purpose, the article will definitely be rewritten to reflect any possible changes to Tutorial Island. I hope this helps answer your question.
- REDIRECT User:N7 Elite/Signature 03:59, May 14, 2011 (UTC)
Trapdoor from east side of isle.
Where has trivia about the mysterious trapdoor banished? There was clear text about that there is one at east side of the isle, on small island, and it only could be examined, wich's text was like 'What horror lurks below?', but now, now days gone by, even the recent remaining accounts swipe off the isle, now as i took oculusing view over the trapdoor, it seemed bit bugged, slanted, some what. Also now as exiting the view off gazing with orb, i managed to click on the trapdoor to see if any change seen on it, wich i didn't really belive to have. But what, it actually had 'Go-down' option on it! And it's examine text was 'Rickety wooden steps leading into the lair of evil.' Now at this point i also notice it wasn't bugged, it was open. It wasn't that time when i could see it from inside of the isle, before the swiping. So, this surely is curious for me, and for whoeverelse, too? Nothing else than future plans for the isle would seem logical, but it'll be holding for years before such, to the very day when major of players never heard of the isle itself, so that day they'd surely give some period of time to meet the old days of RuneScape, perhaps, or whateverlese, yet again, just suggestions of some sort of randomess gotten into mind, feeling them as
obvious', yet not certainly surely trusting those throughts, heehee.
-So yes, surely somefoolone could add about this trapdoors past, and even recent apperience. Eh?
-One last kewl add to confirm, that of 1 mod there said of 'cool plans for future' ages ago, how ever..
Seems to have faded, this interest alike for it, then? Perhaps it's the fear of the truth, thinking about upcoming dominant tower ahead, no doubt do these knaves want just to discuss about meaningless speculations, what? Pfft.
Antique version of this?
Considering that Tutorial Island is now again, a visitable place, should we make a antique version of this article of the original Tutorial Island before it was re-added as an underwater Quest area?