Comments I received dissected into relevant changes
- The below is an altered version of the above comments, with some bits deleted and my own comments on each. Original comments italicised.
@Gaz#7521 16:40, May 5, 2010 (UTC)
Tylio's is very detailed, since it can account for various factors that yours cannot, such as the Saradomin Sword special, Keris, etc (though yours does have the void knight sets that his does not. However, Tylio's is a bit longer and a bit more confusing than yours.
- Mine has keris, but see further down for improvements on that and others
Yours is shorter, and more straightforward. My suggestion is that you have a concise version, that only includes the basic things like strength level and strength bonus, for the max hit calculator, and put a note at the bottom saying something like "Click here for an expanded version", and link to a larger calculator that includes all of the extra factors in both. --LiquidTalk 17:27, May 2, 2010 (UTC)
- [[Calculators/Max hit|Done]].
- Saradomin Sword special - Gives more of an accurate max hit over all.
- Saradomin sword's is a separate hit if I remember correctly, which is why I didn't put it in, but no harm adding it I guess.
- DBA levels after spec - I am unsure of these as, as far as I know, the only thing in these that could be used for max is magic and that's just for sara sword spec.
- Tylio's was using an incorrect formula for the dragon batteaxe special attack which used the levels of those skills. Tested it myself and it was false, he has since fixed it.
- Turmoil - For players his is better, for monsters yours is due to not being able to know monsters levels, perhaps in it's own section you could put a cross between them, such as "assume max""assume min" and "custom" which would allow someone to put a player's level in.
- Some sort of merged thing coming up.
- "Other bonuses" - I have 2 ideas regarding this:
- Salve ammy and beserker necklace in a section together as they can't be worn together yet can be combined for other bonuses.
- Good idea.
- Void, castle wars brace, and slayer helm/black mask in another bonus as they can never be equipped for effects at once.(2 helms can't be worn, no full void in cw). A note regarding slayer helms/black masks and castle wars bracelet not working with salve might be helpful as well on page.(Wouldn't activate on players, does not stack with slayer bonus, DOES stack with void as far as I know).
- Psycho has some excellent ideas on this below.
- Other things - I feel it should include combat potions much like yours does, other than that there isn't much to do aside from possibly adding dragon claw special.
- Like the saradomin sword, dragon claws' special is multiple attacks, but okay.
Just noticed, neither include the effects of balmung on daggs, thought I'd inform you in case you didn't realize fetus is my son and I love him. 23:08, May 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Hadn't spotted that, nice catch.
Now then I shall just start with yours and recommend changes that encompass things from that other guy's thingy.
- The "custom prayer" box should be disabled until someone selects "custom" from the prayer menu.
- The script that generates in input form is pretty unflexable (for now), so I can't hide it until its needed, but I already have made the template only use values entered in the custom prayer bonus box when custom is selected from the dropdown.
- I don't understand what the difference is between DBA 30-100%, and if I don't know what it means, since I'm the smartest guy in the world, that logically means no one else understands it either, not even yourself. Also it should perhaps be separated from the potion menu. People could easily not think to check there for the dragon battle axe special.
- Well my idea was the %s were for a situation such as: a player uses the DBA special, then waits for his special bar to recharge a certain amount then uses a second weapon's special on a monster/player. But waiting for the special bar to recharge means the strength level will return to normal a little, so that should be calculated in to be accurate. Special rechages in multiples of 10%, every 30 seconds, so I chose 30% (for dragon dagger specials), 50% (for armadyl/saradomin godswords etc), and 100% (bandos godsword etc).
- Salve amulet should be separated from Black mask. I know that you can't use both boosts at the same time, but 1. not a lot of players know that and 2. those that do might not know which is ignored, so they wouldn't be sure what to put. The proper bonus can be ignored in the coding can't it? Black mask and castle wars brace can be combined since they are mutually exclusive, but at that point when there's only two items in that menu, so I figured it might as well be separated into menus, and given clarification so users don't expect bonuses when they won't get any, such as...
- Salve amulet?
- Salve amulet (e)
- Black mask?
- Yes, against slayer task
- Castlewars brace?
- Yes, against flag bearer
- Salve amulet?
- Keris and berserker necklaces should be removed from the special attack menu. The berserker necklace could be used at the same time as one of the special attacks. Granted you can't use the bonus, but we have to assume people are dummies who don't realise that. Keris's special attack is uncontrollable so its kind of a special thing.
- Berserker necklace?
- Yes, with obsidian weapon (selecting this should disable the special attack drop down and the "Yes" options in the keris menu)
- Yes (selecting this should disable the special attack drop down and the "Yes, with obsidian weapon" option of the berserker necklace menu)
- Yes, against kalphites (same as above)
- Yes, vicious blow (lets not do it to this one, just for giggles)
- Again, the script is unflexable so I can't disable things dynamically (for now), but I can add in extra validation in the template to display warnings when certain things are set.
- Berserker necklace?
19:45, May 2, 2010 (UTC)
16:34 willwill lemme look first 16:36 willwill okay, I have these points: willwill yours have both helmet/amulet option and void 16:37 willwill while the mainspace one only have to pick one willwill I don't understand what's custom prayer bonus is for, but it feels flexible 16:38 willwill mainspace one have both special options, while yours is merged 16:39 willwill the mainspace one have weapons stuff 16:40 willwill I think your version is more flexible, while the mainspace one is easier to use (probably the wording and merging of some options)
- I'll clarify the wording some more.
- Add Saradomin sword and dragon claws' special attack
- Find and add effect of balmung on dagannoth
- Move dragon battleaxe special to own parameter
- Add combined field for custom enemy strength level for turmoil, or custom bonus percentage for turmoil/leech strength/sap warrior
- Expand combined 'other factors' parameter into multiple parameters
- Salve amulet
- Black mask/slayer helm/full slayer helm
- Castlewars brace
- Berserker necklace
- Salve amulet
- Generally clarify wording, add validation and error messages, notes etc
- Maybe re-add the table of conditions to clarify what bonuses are in effect for that maximum hit
@Gaz#7521 21:53, May 10, 2010 (UTC)