The Red Axe is a Dwarven mining company, and a member of the Consortium of eight mining companies which rules Keldagrim. It is led by a Dwarf named Hreidmar. The Red Axe is considered to be the most influential of the mining companies, as well as the largest.
The Red Axe serves as the antagonist in the Rise of the Red Axe quest series. When Hreidmar's face was not put on the giant statue's face, he left the city, taking the Red Axe and an army of chaos dwarves with him, and later made several attempts to conquer Keldagrim. The company allied itself with the Gnomes of the hidden city of Arposandra, who supplied the Red Axe with technology critical to their plans. Gnomish help also included the gift of Grunsh, a brainwashed Ogre Shaman who specializes in memory magic.
In the Hunt for Red Raktuber quest, four dwarves from the Red Axe, Glosur, Medwin, Baden, and Obert, join sides with the KGP because they think the Red Axe took too long to take action. Thus, they took things into their own hands, teamed up with the penguins, and aided them in their plans to take over Gielinor.
According to their archives, the Red Axe had nearly 40,000 employees by the time Grunsh was found. As such, it is very possible the company has since passed that number.
- Hreidmar - The Director
- Red Axe Secretary - Hreidmar's secretary, although he is not seen after The Giant Dwarf
- Colonel Grimsson - Hreidmar's right hand
- Grunsh - A powerful ogre shaman loyal to the company
- Grundt - An emissary on Jatizso
- Brendt - An emissary on Jatizso
- Vigr - Runs (or ran, depending on your choices in Birthright of the Dwarves) a warhammer shop in Keldagrim and was a spy for the company.
- Ambassadors of Arposandra:
- Engineers who switched sides to the Pescallion.
- Chaos dwarf lava flow miners - Miners of the Chaos Dwarf lava flow-mine.
- Red Axe traders - Traders at the Chaos Trade Octagon of the Red Axe base's palace.
- Red Axe directors - Leaders of the Chaos Trade Octagon of the Red Axe base's palace.
- Prisoners - Slaves that are being converted to Chaos dwarves once they get muscles to survive to conversion.
- The soldiers of the army
|Part 2 of the Rise of the Red Axe quest series|