The Tree Gnome Stronghold, also called Ta Quir Priw in Gnomish, in the kingdom of Kandarin is one of the largest cities in RuneScape, spanning quite a large area, and is populated solely by gnomes. Its most notable features are the Grand Tree, the Gnome Stronghold agility course, and the Gnome Ball field. It is the capital of the Gnome Empire, being the only major settlement of the Gnomes (with the exclusion of Tree Gnome Village), it plays a key role in the empire.
- The Grand Tree is the largest structure within the Stronghold and is located in the north-east. It houses the King, as well as shops and the Gnome glider.
- The Gnome Stronghold agility course is the beginning Agility training course and is in the east of the Stronghold. It also has an advanced route which will give weight-reducing clothing to skilled players.
- There is a swamp to collect king worms and swamp toads for their toad's legs for Herblore and Gnome Restaurant in the north-east. Some players collect swamp toads here, which sell for a decent price.
- There is a tortoise pen to the northwest and a terrorbird pen to the west. The tortoises drop decently high priced tortoise shells for Summoning, but can hit pretty high and the mounted ones can hit higher. But you can visit swamp for food - don't forget to pull off the frogs' legs first.
- There are two minigames: the Gnome Restaurant service and the Gnome Ball field in the north-west.
- The gnome wizard Brimstail in his cave in the south-west can teleport players to the Rune Essence mine. The cave also contains a Singing bowl for the small Crystal saw and items for The Eyes of Glouphrie quest.
There are many ways to get to the Stronghold, and it connects to a number of useful transport networks.
- Walk in the front gate. The gates can be reached from the following locations:
- The Gnome glider hub is located on the top level of the Grand Tree. Easiest access to this network is through the Al Kharid lodestone, but this network also connects to the fairy ring network and other useful locations.
- The Spirit tree at the crossroads south of the Grand Tree can be accessed from the Tree Gnome Village — it is on the northwest side, near the small obelisk. The north-east Grand Exchange tree is the easiest access to the network, with the Mobilising Armies tree (use a ring of duelling) or the Port Sarim farming patch tree following in convenience.
- After the Grand Tree this tree can send the player outwards to any other tree in the network, but incoming players must still go through the Tree Gnome Village hub.
- Players can use the Balloon Transport System after completing the quest Enlightened Journey.
- There are two Agility shortcuts from nearby areas:
- Finally, seed pods from Gnome Restaurant minigame will instantly summon transport to the Grand Tree. They are consumed after one use.
- There are a total of seven yew trees and three magic trees for Woodcutting, which combined with the close bank makes it a decent place for training Woodcutting.
- There is a small flax field, as well as spinning wheels for bowstrings and other Crafting needs.
- There is a Fishing area in the south-west, which players can use for fly-fishing and rod fishing.
- There are two Farming patches: a tree patch is watched over by Prissy Scilla and a fruit tree patch is watched over by Bolongo.
- There is a mining location under the tree, accessible only after you have completed The Grand Tree.
There are three convenient banks in the Stronghold. One is located on the 1stUK] of the Grand Tree, and another is to the south and to the west of the agility course, conveniently near the yew trees, magic trees, and flax. floor[
- Gnomeball (music track)
- Gnome King
- Gnome Village
- Gnome Village2
- Narnode's Theme
- Tree Spirits
- Waterfall (music track)
- This area was given a major graphical update on 6 March 2012 along with the Gnome Village.
- Some players experienced a glitch following this graphical update in which the area would get stuck when loading.
- There is a Willow tree near the Yew trees; which is odd, because this is nowhere near water, and Willow trees typically grow near water.
- A gnome can be seen trapped on the cliff to the east of the stronghold, next to Baxtorian Falls.
- On March 2012 a small pvp zone existed north of the grand tree. It is only 2 squares north to south but it is undetermined the length east to west The option to attack was given, the skull icon is in the corner, and it is listed as a multi combat zone. However players could not attack each other. It was fixed in an update a day later.
|Part 2 of the Gnome quest series|
|Part 4 of the Gnome quest series|
|Miscellaneous||Quick guide • Transcript|