The Hunter skill, and many of its training methods, will receive multiple tweaks, changes, and additions, all aimed at modernizing the skill, in a major update in July 2019. One of the changes include reducing the experience of current high-end training methods, while making training the skill a more rewarding, enjoyable, and balanced experience overall. The Hunter skillcape perk will be changed as well.
Mod Easty is working on a rewrite of Farming code in RuneScape, including reworking how ticks work within the skill. This may allow for new quality of life features such as left-click planting (bypassing interfaces) and the previously scrapped Farming timer concept to be implemented.
Mod Pi, in his TAPP time, is working on creating a new demon boss called Hostilius that players will have to kill "from the inside out". The fight will scale to the number of players in a group (or solo). It will have 3 difficulty levels: casual, regular, and hardcore.
- Mod Erator has finished his TAPP on Shattered Worlds improvements. It has been on the QA backlog since March. There will be new objectives and possibly hiscores of different types.
- Mod Daze is working on making Telos more accessible for players who are colourblind. Telos' "so much power" queue will correctly clear on phase transition. Telos' anima bar will reset if using Immortality in phase 5. When siphoning from fonts in a Telos fight, Telos will be untargeted so that golems take priority in the render order.
- Mod Shauny is working on improving the Monster Examine spell to include detailed information about the player's chance to damage their target, and their chance of being damaged by their opponent. Also, Mod Shauny is working on improving boss practice mode by allowing players to select different phases of a boss to start at.
- Mod Ramen will fix an issue with Nex: Angel of Death becoming aggressive to different players.
- Raids will receive improvements, such as reasons to do Raids more often; a better grouping system; reducing the amount of players required; improving the jellyfish (e.g. by giving buffs from killing it); and a gold version of the Daredevil title. The title would require the player to complete all Raids feats in one run without dying.
- Gizmos will be visible on augmented items when examining another player.
- Clan Wars' rule selection and wars in progress interfaces will be updated.
- A new set of Ranged weapons, Boomerangs, are planned for the year of 2019. You will be able to add gems to them and enchant them to be given special effects. Similar to those of bakriminal bolts, the boomerangs can be made from wood or ore. They allow for infinite uses, as they return to the player, they will be much weaker than cross bolts, but stronger than javelins.
Abyssal Slayer creatures
- Abyssal savage (requiring level 95 Slayer to kill)
- Abyssal beast (requiring level 105 Slayer to kill)
- Abyssal lord (requiring level 115 Slayer to kill)
All of these will be options that players will be able to choose in place of an abyssal demons task. The new monsters will each have the same teleporting mechanic as abyssal demons, with the abyssal lord also dealing damage to the player while doing so. As with regular abyssal demons, the effects of darklight and abyssalbane ammunition will work against the new monsters.
The abyssal savage will be a harder hitting version of an abyssal demon; though it will attack using magic. The abyssal savage will have a laser attack which the player must avoid by moving at least one step away from the savage. The abyssal lord will feature the most complex mechanics. Mod Shogun is aiming for them to have 2 special effects. One of these will be that, after the player has dealt a certain amount of damage to the abyssal lord, it can summon high-hitting minions which attack the player. Some of the minions' damage will be negated by Protect from Magic.
Quests and Events
Various bank improvements, including filtering, more bank tabs, dynamic searching, and more, as well as the addition of placeholders, are planned for release after the update goes through a beta. The beta is currently scheduled to happen sometime in late summer 2019.
Planning to make Camelot castle larger and built into the mountainside. Some unnecessary things, such as the estate agent, will be removed from the village. The Seers' Village Courthouse will be moved into Camelot castle and the coal truck mining site will be moved closer to Seers' Village furnace.
The Land Out of Time
The Land Out of Time is a major update currently planned for release in July 2019. The update will bring a new jungle island containing new content and mysteries for players to discover. Jagex released a teaser video for the update.
Mod Pi and several others are working on RuneScape Mobile - an upcoming version of RuneScape and Old School RuneScape announced on 17 July 2017. OSRS Mobile was originally planned for release in Winter 2017, but is currently planned to be released on 30 October 2018. There is currently no planned release date for RuneScape Mobile yet.
Mod Ramen will work on Group Ironman Mode which will allow linked Ironman players to interact freely with each other and participate in group bosses and Dungeoneering, was announced at RuneFest 2017. Features this may include are a group banking system, leaderboards, and a guild including Mr Ex and other ironman related content. Group ironman is currently on hold since engine work is needed (group banking, other features) and the engine team is completely dedicated to RS Mobile.
The first Developer Blog for the update was posted on 15 June and revealed the following plans for the mode:
- Players will be able to form groups of 2-5 ironman players. Groups will be classified according to size, with each size having a different chat badge and Ironman Armour icon, and potentially different hiscores.
- Leaving a group will result in a group ironman account being downgraded to a regular account.
- If a player leaves a group then the group will be able to recruit a freshly created group ironman account only.
- Re-balancing base reward table to provide more valuable items.
- Rework hearts of ice to make them more beneficial.
- Add life cycle system for new and existing Treasure Hunter items to be repeatedly available, and eventually freely available. The current plan is for Treasure Hunter exclusive items to become available through Solomon's General Store or time-limited events after 1 year; available through Thaler/a fragment system similar to elite skilling outfits another year later; and become freely available some time after that.
The following fixes / tweaks are planned for future updates:
- Mod Shauny is working on an update to player examine. This would allow a player's inventory and Beast of Burden inventory to be viewed on the examine. This would update in real-time and would be affected by privacy settings.
- Mod Edge has added a better interface for skyboxes and filters. The chosen skybox and filter will persist across log ins. He may also develop customisable skyboxes. Mod Edge is also working on improving the beasts interface in legacy mode; the interface will be grey like other legacy interfaces. The follower information interface will be grey in legacy interface mode. Finally, Mod Edge will add an option to sort alphabetically will be added to the emote interface.
- Mod Timbo's long-term projects include increasing the value of seeds and removing resources from PvM.  Also, Mod Timbo will rework the rare drop table to make it more rewarding.
- Mod Osborne and Mod Ramen are working on adding examine texts to The Lost Grove.
- Mod Mohawk is working on teleporting and creating teleports in Dungeoneering to be taken off the global cooldown.
- Mod Orion is working on item examines to have Grand Exchange prices and alchemy values added to them.
- Mod Harrison will add an Agility shortcut to the eastern wall of the first island of The Islands That Once Were Turtles to allow easier access to clue scroll locations.
- "Buy X" will be added for the Arc reward shops.
- Summoning stores' interfaces will be graphically updated.
- More functionality will be added to NXT, such as depth field and volumetric lighting, like the lighting used in Menaphos.
- The bug report interface's messages about already known bugs will be improved to include more known live issues.
- Luck items will be made to improve the chance of getting Player-owned farm egg and baby animal drops from monsters.
- ^ Jagex. "Hunter Modernisation Blog." 7 May 2019. RuneScape News.
- ^ Mod Easty. OSRS is getting a full Farming timer system rewrite. 7 November 2017. (Archived from the original on 7 November 2017.)*
- ^ RuneScape Combat - from RuneFest 2017. 27 September 2017.*
- ^ Jagex. "Unfinished Business Update." 28 July 2017. RuneScape News.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Erator's Twitter account. 1 April 2018.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Daze's Twitter account. 7 December 2017.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Iago's Twitter account. 3 January 2018.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Daze's Twitter account. 18 Jaunary 2018.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Harrison's Twitter account. 5 February 2018.
- ^ Patch Notes Teasers with Mod Shauny. 8 June 2018.*
- ^ Jagex. Mod Ramen's Twitter account. 16 February 2018.
- ^ Ninja Backlog Prioritisation - Vote on the Ninja Backlog!. 7 February 2017.*
- ^ Mod Harrison. "Weekly Ninja Teasers!." RuneScape Forums.
- ^ The RuneScape Game Jam!. 19 February 2017.*
- ^ Jagex. "Bank Improvements & Placeholders! - Dev Blog." 16 May 2019. RuneScape News.
- ^ Jagex. Mod AoB's Twitter account. 26 March 2018.
- ^ Mod Kelpie. "Seers' Village Rework." RuneScape Forums.
- ^ Seers' Village rework and Spring Fayre Showcase. 18 April 2017.*
- ^ Jagex. "Summer Update Revealed!." 21 May 2019. RuneScape News.
- ^ Jagex. RuneScape - The Land Out of Time (Summer Update 2019). 21 May 2019.*
- ^ Old School Mobile: Release Date Announcement. 5 September 2018.*
- ^ Jagex. Mod Kelpie's Twitter account. 21 January 2018.
- ^ RuneScape Reveals - from RuneFest 2017. 24 September 2017.*
- ^ RuneScape Dev Q&A - Deep Sea Fishing, Pieces of Hate, Unspeakable Horrors, Solak. 6 March 2018.*
- ^ Still no news on Group Ironman.... 10 July 2018.*
- ^ Mod Ramen. "Group Ironman – The Dev Blog." RuneScape Forums.
- ^ Mod SayLn. "Live Events Dev Blog #1." RuneScape Forums.
- ^ Mod SayLn. "Lifecycle of TH items." RuneScape Forums.
- ^ Patch Notes Teasers with Mod Shauny. 8 June 2018.*
- ^ Jagex. Mod Edge's Twitter account. 26 April 2018.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Edge's Twitter account. 27 April 2018.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Edge's Twitter account. 12 January 2018.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Edge's Twitter account. 29 January 2018.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Edge's Twitter account. 9 February 2018.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Timbo's Twitter account. 10 February 2017.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Timbo's Twitter account. 13 July 2017.
- ^ Whats with the new rdt nerf?. 19 July 2017.*
- ^ Whats with the new rdt nerf?. 28 March 2017.*
- ^ The Lost Grove looks pretty and everything but... 25 September 2017.*
- ^ Jagex. Mod Mohawk's Twitter account. 11 January 2018.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Orion's Twitter account. 1 February 2018.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Harrison's Twitter account. 2 July 2018.
- ^ RuneScape Month Ahead (May 2018) - Solak, Overgrown Idols, Parcels from the Hedge. 1 May 2018.*
- ^ Jagex. Mod Edge's Twitter account. 25 May 2018.
- ^ RuneScape Content Showcase - February. 20 February 2018.*
- ^ Jagex. Mod Shauny's Twitter account. 15 June 2018.
- ^ RuneScape Q&A. 18 September 2018.*