- Mod Daze is working on making Telos more accessible for players who are colourblind. Telos' "so much power" queue will correctly clear on phase transition. Telos' anima bar will reset if using Immortality in phase 5. When siphoning from fonts in a Telos fight, Telos will be untargeted so that golems take priority in the render order.
- Mod Ramen will fix an issue with Nex: Angel of Death becoming aggressive to different players.
- Raids will receive improvements, such as reasons to do Raids more often; a better grouping system; reducing the amount of players required; improving the jellyfish (e.g. by giving buffs from killing it); and a gold version of the Daredevil title. The title would require the player to complete all Raids feats in one run without dying.
- Gizmos will be visible on augmented items when examining another player.
- Clan Wars' rule selection and wars in progress interfaces will be updated.
Abyssal Slayer creaturesMod Shogun designed 3 new Abyssal Slayer monsters during the Game Jam 2017. They are currently awaiting graphical work and some minor tweaks. They will be Chthonian demons from the Abyss:
- Abyssal savage (requiring level 95 Slayer to kill)
- Abyssal beast (requiring level 105 Slayer to kill)
- Abyssal lord (requiring level 115 Slayer to kill)
All of these will be options that players will be able to choose in place of an abyssal demons task. The new monsters will each have the same teleporting mechanic as abyssal demons, with the abyssal lord also dealing damage to the player while doing so. As with regular abyssal demons, the effects of darklight and abyssalbane ammunition will work against the new monsters.
The abyssal savage will be a harder hitting version of an abyssal demon; though it will attack using magic. The abyssal savage will have a laser attack which the player must avoid by moving at least one step away from the savage. The abyssal lord will feature the most complex mechanics. Mod Shogun is aiming for them to have 2 special effects. One of these will be that, after the player has dealt a certain amount of damage to the abyssal lord, it can summon high-hitting minions which attack the player. Some of the minions' damage will be negated by Protect from Magic.
Mod Pi and several others are working on RuneScape Mobile - an upcoming version of RuneScape and Old School RuneScape announced on 17 July 2017. OSRS Mobile was originally planned for release in Winter 2017, but is currently planned to be released on 30 October 2018. There is currently no planned release date for RuneScape Mobile yet.
Mod Ramen will work on Group Ironman Mode which will allow linked Ironman players to interact freely with each other and participate in group bosses and Dungeoneering, was announced at RuneFest 2017. Features this may include are a group banking system, leaderboards, and a guild including Mr Ex and other ironman related content. Group ironman is currently on hold since engine work is needed (group banking, other features) and the engine team is completely dedicated to RS Mobile.
The first Developer Blog for the update was posted on 15 June and revealed the following plans for the mode:
- Players will be able to form groups of 2-5 ironman players. Groups will be classified according to size, with each size having a different chat badge and Ironman Armour icon, and potentially different hiscores.
- Leaving a group will result in a group ironman account being downgraded to a regular account.
- If a player leaves a group then the group will be able to recruit a freshly created group ironman account only.
- Re-balancing base reward table to provide more valuable items.
- Rework hearts of ice to make them more beneficial.
- Add life cycle system for new and existing Treasure Hunter items to be repeatedly available, and eventually freely available. The current plan is for Treasure Hunter exclusive items to become available through Solomon's General Store or time-limited events after 1 year; available through Thaler/a fragment system similar to elite skilling outfits another year later; and become freely available some time after that.
The following fixes / tweaks are planned for future updates:
- Mod Edge has added a better interface for skyboxes and filters. The chosen skybox and filter will persist across log ins. He may also develop customisable skyboxes. Mod Edge is also working on improving the beasts interface in legacy mode; the interface will be grey like other legacy interfaces. The follower information interface will be grey in legacy interface mode. Finally, Mod Edge will add an option to sort alphabetically will be added to the emote interface.
- Mod Osborne and Mod Ramen are working on adding examine texts to The Lost Grove.
- Mod Mohawk is working on teleporting and creating teleports in Dungeoneering to be taken off the global cooldown.
- Mod Orion is working on item examines to have Grand Exchange prices and alchemy values added to them.
- Mod Harrison will add an Agility shortcut to the eastern wall of the first island of The Islands That Once Were Turtles to allow easier access to clue scroll locations.
- "Buy X" will be added for the Arc reward shops.
- Summoning stores' interfaces will be graphically updated.
- More functionality will be added to NXT, such as depth field and volumetric lighting, like the lighting used in Menaphos.
- The bug report interface's messages about already known bugs will be improved to include more known live issues.
- Luck items will be made to improve the chance of getting Player-owned farm egg and baby animal drops from monsters.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Daze's Twitter account. 7 December 2017.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Iago's Twitter account. 3 January 2018.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Daze's Twitter account. 18 Jaunary 2018.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Daze's Twitter account. 18 Jaunary 2018.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Ramen's Twitter account. 16 February 2018.
- ^ RuneScape Combat - from RuneFest 2017. 27 September 2017.*
- ^ Ninja Backlog Prioritisation - Vote on the Ninja Backlog!. 7 February 2017.*
- ^ Mod Harrison. "Weekly Ninja Teasers!." RuneScape Forums.
- ^ The RuneScape Game Jam!. 19 February 2017.*
- ^ Old School Mobile: Release Date Announcement. 5 September 2018.*
- ^ Jagex. Mod Kelpie's Twitter account. 21 January 2018.
- ^ RuneScape Reveals - from RuneFest 2017. 24 September 2017.*
- ^ RuneScape Dev Q&A - Deep Sea Fishing, Pieces of Hate, Unspeakable Horrors, Solak. 6 March 2018.*
- ^ Still no news on Group Ironman.... 10 July 2018.*
- ^ Mod Ramen. "Group Ironman – The Dev Blog." RuneScape Forums.
- ^ Mod SayLn. "Live Events Dev Blog #1." RuneScape Forums.
- ^ Mod SayLn. "Lifecycle of TH items." RuneScape Forums.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Edge's Twitter account. 26 April 2018.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Edge's Twitter account. 27 April 2018.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Edge's Twitter account. 12 January 2018.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Edge's Twitter account. 29 January 2018.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Edge's Twitter account. 9 February 2018.
- ^ The Lost Grove looks pretty and everything but... 25 September 2017.*
- ^ Jagex. Mod Mohawk's Twitter account. 11 January 2018.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Orion's Twitter account. 1 February 2018.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Harrison's Twitter account. 2 July 2018.
- ^ RuneScape Month Ahead (May 2018) - Solak, Overgrown Idols, Parcels from the Hedge. 1 May 2018.*
- ^ Jagex. Mod Edge's Twitter account. 25 May 2018.
- ^ RuneScape Content Showcase - February. 20 February 2018.*
- ^ Jagex. Mod Shauny's Twitter account. 15 June 2018.
- ^ RuneScape Q&A. 18 September 2018.*