Warning: Display title "Evil Dave | Winter Weekends" overrides earlier display title "Evil Dave - Winter Weekends".
What an exciting week lies ahead! We've got the Winter Weekend, the Festive Aura, the Ribbon Rework and the release of our new, eagerly-awaited Evil Dave quest.
Speak of the devil...
Dave, we've talked about this. What do you want?
I'm trying to work, Dave! Can't you see I've got a news post to...
You can't just... Yes of course I know about Zamorak!
Give that back! Give it back right now! Give me th...
Hey! Adventurer! It's me, Evil Dave!
Crazy news - turns out ZAMORAK is back in town (who knew, right!?), and I need YOUR help to conduct the RITUAL OF ULTIMATE DOOMLY EVIL to make him notice me.
You'll find me at the Basement of DOOM - beneath my mother's house in Edgeville. I'll explain the whole thing there. You'll need to have done my section of RECIPE FOR DISASTER and be a member with at least level 30 in herblore, magic, agility and cooking. Oh, and you'll need to be EVIL!
Mod Scorpio's giving me an EVIIIL look, so I'd better relinquish my dominion of the KEYBOARD OF CHAOS. See you in-game!
Combat Winter Weekend
The first of the Winter Weekends will soon be upon us! Get in game between the 1st at midday game time until the 4th of December (again, midday game time) for the following boosts:
- An extra charm from charm drops
- Increased chance of rare drops and enhanced ring of wealth
- +50% bonus Slayer XP
- Slayer VIP Ticket status for all Slayer assignments
- +50% bonus anima in Shattered Worlds - NEW!
- 10% cheaper instance fees
- The ability to loot from Mazcab Raids once per day
- Extra training points from Boss Training
- The ability to choose your Boss Slayer assignment - NEW!
Check out the schedule for subsequent Winter Weekends throughout December and January. Menaphos and Sophanem will take the stage the following weekend, and after that minigames, skilling and lastly clue scrolls.
On top of that, bonuses for Player-Owned Ports will be running for the entire five week duration! Expect to see:
- 25 voyages per day instead of 15
- + 30% extra resources or trade goods from voyages
- The ability to get The Barmaid's special voyage on Saturdays and Sundays (in addition to Thursdays)
Feeling festive? During December, members can activate the annual Festive Aura for 30 minutes once a day for a 50% XP boost - plus a winter wings cosmetic!
This should appear automatically in your inventory. However, if your inventory is full, you can still claim the Festive Aura by speaking to Xuan or Dilwyn - located east of Burthorpe Castle and in the Tower of Voices in Prifddinas, respectively - opening up their shops and taking a look at the auras.
Premier Club & Solomon's Store Sale
Want exclusive content, VIP treatment and supercharged membership - all for less than the standard membership price? Find out about Premier Club - our best membership deal of the year - on the Premier Club page!
We're also offering up to 75% off selected items in Solomon's General Store! More details here.
Mod Hunter's made a number of handy tweaks to the ribbon. What a legend.
- The window can now be resized and now adds space between icons
- The following windows can now be added to the ribbon: magic abilities, combat spells, teleport spells, skilling spells, attack abilities, strength abilities, defence abilities, constitution abilities and emotes. This is now easier for us to do, should we need to add more.
- The following features have been added to the 'Ribbon Setup' interface:
- You can now reset your ribbon to the default icons or clear it in one go
- Icons added to the bar are now removed from the selection area
- Spacing has been improved for the 'Ribbon Setup' interface and the Options Menu. A section for window management has also been added to the latter.
Of the two windows labelled 'Magic Abilities', the main has been renamed 'Magic Book' and been given an icon to match.
- Melee and attack abilities now have separate icons (melee uses crossed swords).
- The 'worn equipment' icon has been changed to look more dissimilar from the 'hero' icon.
The drawer icon has been replaced with a settings cog to make room.
...Thanks Mod Hunter!
To ensure that these changes have had the desired effect, they will now be tested for new players, half of whom will see the existing, unchanged setup while the other half are exposed to the above.
You can read the full list of this week's updates - including optimisations resulting from some fancy new dev tools - on the patch notes forum thread.
Evil is the BEST!
What if we told you that tuning in for our live streams every month gets you in-game goodies?
Well, it does. Just connect your RuneScape account to your Twitch account and tune into one of our Tuesday or Friday live streams to get some free stuff!
This month, we've created an all-new LootScape Loot Chest, in which you'll have a chance to win one of loads of different prizes - the rarest of which this month is the Warborne Behemoth pet. Good luck, and may RNGesus be in your favour!
Live Streams This Week
Each week we livestream Q&As, in-game events and more. Watch our streams and find out more information about our streams over on our Twitch channel. Check our YouTube channel too for recap videos of streams you may have missed, including last week's Content Showcase!
Sunday, December 3rd - 19:00 UTC (Game Time) - PvM with Mod Lee
Top up your PvM tactics with your weekly dose of monster-killing with Mod Lee!
LootScape will be enabled for this stream.