Expert skillcapes are a snappy new way to show your progress from 99 to maxed - available in RuneScape right now.
Courtesy of the Ninja Team and their lethal needlework, these spectacular shoulder-huggers come in four varieties, each showing your expertise in a group of linked skills.
To get your hands on these capes, you'll need level 99 in a number of skills:
- Artisan's cape:
- Combatant's cape:
- Gatherer's cape:
- Support cape:
While training the above skills at level 99, via certain commonly used methods, you'll occasionally see a skill shard appear in your inventory.
Once you have a shard for each of your coveted cape's related skills, simply combine them. Then, drape yourself in silky splendour and continue with your adventures!
Expert skillcapes have the same stats as regular skillcapes and come with a cosmetic hood. They can also boost all of their related skills to 100 for a short time. Finally, each has its own lavishly animated emote.
They can be stored in the costume room of your player-owned house, and can be retrieved from Diango if lost.
It's a long road to maxed, so why not pick up some stylish threads on the way? Get collecting those shards, and give us your thoughts over on the forums.
The RuneScape Ninja Team
In Other News
- We've made a number of changes to the Wealth Evaluator, so it can now more accurately represent your wealth:
- Untradeable wealth is no longer included in the calculation by default. It can be toggled back on via the Wealth Evaluator interface.
- Bonds held in the Bonds Pouch are now included. Note that untradeable Bonds will not be counted unless the option mentioned above is toggled on.
- Contribution from battle mage, trickster and vanguard armour has been reduced.
- It is now possible to top up your Wealth Evaluator in-game, using your RuneCoin balance. You can do this in the Wealth Evaluator interface.
Read the patch notes for other updates released today.