Recovered from Double XP Weekend yet? Not so fast. Invention batch 2 launches today, so there's oodles still to sink your teeth into.
Invention Batch 2
Make way, make way! Invention batch 2 has arrived, and with it, some eagerly awaited additions and tweaks to our youngest skill.
Let's start with the big'un: machines. Brand new to Invention, these can be used to automate a selection of tasks slowly over time, even while you're offline. All you need to do is keep your generator topped up with divine charge. Talk about AFK.
You can have up to six of these – including duplicates – and each has two tiers. Plus, you'll get your own workshop to tinker away in, which can be found in the new room at the back of the Invention Guild. Here's what's on the menu:
- The Alchemiser, which bestows your items with the gift of high alchemy, turning them to gold.
- The Auto Disassembler, which breaks down your items into useful parts and components.
- The Plank Maker, which turns your common or garden logs into beautiful planks.
- The Partial Potion Producer, which whizzes up your herbs and pops them into vials. It won't make a complete potion, but it's a welcome time saver.
- The Automatic Hide Tanner, which...yeah, you guessed it. It tans your hides to make leather.
Salivating over your keyboard? There's more...
We're also introducing 12 new devices, many of which fill the post-level-99 gap rather snugly. At the risk of further whetting your appetites, here's a sneak peek:
- The Separator, which removes gizmos from your equipment without damaging it (equipment must be at least level 15).
- The Divine-O-Matic, which harvests energy – and memories if you're so inclined – while you train Divination and turns them into Divine Charge, which you can use to power your shiny, new machines.
Another thing: we've nabbed the Spring Cleaner and the Tight Springs from Treasure Hunter and added them to our growing device range. Both can be constructed at an Invention workbench – but first you've got to discover the blue prints!
What else is there? Well, Invention batch 2 comes with a plethora of benefits for high level augmented items – including drain rate reductions and, at level 20, an increased chance of perk activation. Plus, we've had our ears on the ground, and we've taken on some of your suggestions and made some important QOL tweaks:
- We've removed inspiration. Gone. Finito!
- Augmentors are now tradeable.
- You can now hide the cogs on your augmented equipment (outside of PvP, anyway).
- We reworked the 120 Invention emote to make it harder, better, faster, stronger.
Don't worry, it hasn't escaped our notice that all this is happening after Double XP Weekend. You'll still be able to get the 50% XP boost from blueprint discovery for the next two weeks.
The patch notes for this week are on the lighter side as the team has collectively focused on delivering Invention batch 2. You can read them in the patch notes thread.
We hope you enjoy your new playthings. Now go get tinkering!
The RuneScape Team
Live Streams This Week
Each week we live stream Q&As, in-game events and more. Watch our streams and find a full streaming schedule over on our Twitch channel.
Check our YouTube channel, too, for recap videos of streams you may have missed, including last week's Unfinished Business Q&A.
Saturday, September 23rd – RuneFest Live! (09:15-18:00 UTC)
It's finally here. The biggest RuneScape celebration of the year will be live from Battersea Evolution in London – and you're cordially invited to watch the whole thing as it happens. Expect epic reveals, the coveted Golden Gnome Awards, and the chance to find out all the information on our plans for the future of RuneScape.
We have a full suite of live streams, covering both stages this year – check the schedule for details – so make sure you have your alarms set for your favourite sessions! We'll be streaming the Varrock Stage on our Twitch account, and the Circus Stage on YouTube (kicks off at 11:00 UTC).
We'll also have a special feature this time round - a YouTube multicam set up, so you can switch between multiple cameras stationed at the event.
Make sure you're checking in on our Twitter and Facebook accounts throughout the day as well for exclusive behind-the-scenes interviews and tours of the venue.
We truly want this to be your RuneFest, and to bring the entire RuneScape community together, so make sure you're tuning in from 09:15 UTC!