We're working on a major change to the way in which the Stealing Creation rewards work, so we thought we'd let you know in advance what we're planning to do. The change will take place by the end of the year and will have the following effects:
- We're aware that there was a bug in the first few days after release that let some players get a lot of points very quickly. This has since been fixed, but some players had already used it to get an unfair number of points. When we make the change, we will also bring everyone's points down to a reasonable level. A player will be able to have up to 10 tools, 10 pieces of combat equipment, and 200,000 stored points. Any more than this will be lost. So if you have more than this, now is the time to use them!
- After the change, no Combat experience will be given inside the Stealing Creation minigame. Instead, the sacred clay combat equipment rewards will give experience in the same way that the tools do.
- Both the tools and the combat equipment will give experience at a greater rate than at present. In fact, while you are using a sacred clay tool or piece of combat equipment, the experience you gain will be doubled! (The volatile tool will still give a little more on top of this.) On the other hand, the equipment will run out of charge a bit faster than it does now.
- The reward items will not have a set number of times they can transform; instead, they will gradually lose charge as they give you experience. Up until they run out of charge, they can be changed freely. (The volatile tool works slightly differently; it will change by itself for every 10% of its total charge that is used, and if you change it deliberately it will lose some charge.)
- The reward points you buy items with will work differently. At the end of a game, your personal score for that game will be converted into a reward score, and it will be this reward score that you use to buy items.
Mod John A