- Premier Club
- Double XP weekend
- Tooltips for Potions
- Mining and Smithing Beta
- Patch Notes
- Achievement Bonanza
- Livestreams this week
- Pink Skirt Events
It feels like the world of 2018 is more polarised then ever before. Left or right, red or blue, flat or round, custard cream or bourbon, Edward or Jacob… Hmm, it feels like this list is getting increasingly niche. But if there’s one thing that unites us all it’s how much we like a bargain. Which conveniently brings us to Premier Club! How’s that for a segue?
We can now reveal that the new Premier Club offering will kick off on November 15th! Premier Club is the cheapest way to buy RuneScape membership. We’re not going to detail all of the extras you get for joining just yet, but Premier Club will include the very cool looking Valkyrie outfit, complete with wings and an assortment of weapons.
We’re also able to now confirm the price of this year’s Premier Club:
| Price (£GBP)
| Price ($USD)
| Price (€EUR)
| Price (BONDS)
You can find out exactly what benefits the new Premier Club will offer later this week.
Oh, and make sure to hoard those Loyalty Points - we have a special aura sale coming up at the start of next year!
If you’re a Premier Club Gold member then don’t forget to pick up your new gold chest on Tuesday, as soon as the Mining and Smithing beta goes live, from the Grand Exchange. Inside you’ll find:
- Mining & Smithing: Uniquely coloured version of the Necronium armour set and weapons
- These items are overrides only that are equipped from the customisation menu
- Resources Token
- Can be redeemed when the full version of Mining & Smithing releases
- Grants a nice chunk of ore and salvage resources
DOUBLE XP WEEKEND
As you’ve almost certainly already heard, a bonus Double XP weekend is nearly upon us, and it kicks off this week at midday on November 16th! That means that through to midday on November 19th members will have the opportunity to enjoy a 100% XP boost. Non-members can still enjoy a 20% XP boost. As always, the vast majority of skilling activities will be able to take advantage.
TOOLTIPS FOR POTIONS
As the name suggests, Tooltips for Potions comprises a significant update to the amount of information you can see when rolling your cursor over a potion. The new system is dynamic and will accurately reflect any effects that are interacting with a potion at any given moment.
Tooltip information has been upgraded for combo potions, juju potions, dungeoneering potions, barbarian mixes, stat boosting potions and misc potions, as well as for regular gem bags (they were already in place for upgraded bags).
MINING & SMITHING BETA
Don’t forget that the new Mining and Smithing Beta arrives tomorrow (November 13th). Look out for more specific details in a dedicated newspost very shortly. Everything the development team has been working on should be available for all RuneScape players to try.
Here are the patch notes for this week!
- The dragonstone, dragonstone, dragonstone achievement can now be unlocked when using bolts inside a quiver.
- Players that own the full Shamans Outfit are now more likely to play as a new familiar in Familiarisation to complete the 'A bit TOO familar' achievement.
- Panic at the Disco achievement is now correctly marked as members only.
- The "Gnome more, I'm full" achievement can now be completed by eating premade chocchip crunchies.
- The "Bury All" achievement now specifies in the description that you have to bury/scatter manually rather than being able to use a bonecrusher or ectoplasmator.
- Players with player owned ports armour that is either broken or stored in a play owned house will now being able to unlock the relevant achievements.
- The "Treasure Hunter" achievement will no longer show as being completed repeatedly upon completing treasure trails clues
- Players with all heist perks unlocked will now receive the cops and robbers achievement as expected.
- Players that have fully upgraded the wicked hood should now receive the All Good achievement as expected.
- The "I know you are but what am I" achievement can now be completed on metallic dragons.
- Players that have completed the "you're it" achievement will no longer be able to complete it again.
- Potion tooltips are here and yes, they also come with a toggle under Game Settings > Gameplay > Game Interaction > then scroll down to Tooltip Options, if you're not fussed about seeing all our hard work. :)
- Added a tooltip to the regular gem bag (the upgraded version had one already).
- RuneMetrics no longer takes you away from the App to a website when attempting to upgrade, the only way to upgrade is to purchase with Bonds.
- Fixed an issue with some 'From Tiny Acorns' quest items being unobtainable if lost through death. Talking to Urist after losing the dragon will now correctly reset the stall, allowing the player to steal it again.
- Parcel's title had a tiny typo and now states Parcel title when unlocked.
- Magestix now has a left-click "Trade" option.
If you’ve been watching our livestreams, you must know that it’s a great opportunity to grab some awesome in-game prizes. And for November, we have ‘Thankful’ prizes that many of you have been asking for – past Thanksgiving Event rewards! That’s right, you might have missed the opportunity to celebrate one of the most delicious American holidays in RuneScape over the last years, so now’s the time to get a bite at that turkey. Rewards unlocked include:
- Give Thanks emote (from Thanksgiving 2008)
- Turkey herald cape crest (from Thanksgiving 2011)
- "the Thanksgiver" title (from Thanksgiving 2014)
- Turkey drumstick override (from Thanksgiving 2015)
- Mackers pet (from Thanksgiving 2011)
That’s not all! As you may have already noticed, Postie Pete is back. And he has prepared a special LootScape surprise for those of you who follow our streams: an extra Parcel from the Hedge (awarded to non-ironmen players).
Exciting isn’t it?! So don’t wait up, connect your RS account to your Twitch account and find out more about it here. Once that’s done, have fun and watch our streams during the day for a guaranteed drop.
LIVE STREAMS THIS WEEK
Each week, we host developers Q&As, exclusive in-game first looks and more. And it’s all live on our Twitch channel, join us!
Missed a stream? Don’t worry, we keep them all on our YouTube channel. So be sure to Subscribe to it!
Tuesday, November 13th – 17:00 UTC (Game Time) – Let’s Play Mining & Smithing Beta
The Mining & Smithing Beta is here, and our JMods are taking you on a gameplay tour to introduce what you can sink your pickaxe into for the next two weeks. Grab a nice cuppa, sit back and relax with a hot furnace fire (Gielinor style, what did you expect), we’ve got you covered for a whole hour of golden skilling.
Watch live on Twitch – be sure not to miss it!
LootScape will be enabled (see all details above).
Sunday, November 18th – 19:00 UTC (Game Time) – PvM with Mod Lee
Our resident PvM expert Mod Lee knows no fear and he’s ready to take you all on another round of boss mass this Sunday. From Vorago to the Kalphite King, the Corporeal Beast, the Angel of Death, if you’ve got a set to complete, an achievement to unlock, or simply want to hang out with friends and slay some, this is the place and time!
LootScape will be enabled (see all details above).
PINK SKIRTS EVENTS
Of course, adventures continue in Gielinor even when we're too busy (PKing) creating the adventures of tomorrow. Our PMods are here to welcome you in a range of PvM Boss Masses, Events and Q&As each week. Check out all the community events organised by the Pink Skirts on their official schedule here.
That’s your lot. You all behave now x
The RuneScape Team