Hello, I R Zaros, and welcome to the RuneScape Wiki! Thank you for your contributions, and for taking interest in our wiki. We hope you like the place and decide to stay!
Here are a few pages to help out new editors such as yourself:
Please sign your name on talk pages by using four tildes (~~~~) or use the "sign" button (File:Button sig.PNG) above the edit box. This will automatically produce your name and the date. Signing your comments is important, as it lets other editors know who has posted which comments.
Feel free to ask any questions on my talk page. If you're looking for something to do, feel free to check out the Community Portal. If you have any troubles, contact me on my talk page or ask any other experienced editor for help. You could look at a help page or you could ask on the local forums.
RE: Speedy Deletion
I just woke up, so you really lucked out. :P WWTDD? 13:49, 28 December 2008 (UTC)
- yes, I use gimp to make image backgrounds transparent.
- REDIRECT User:Kytti khat/sig 02:21, 29 December 2008 (UTC)
To add transparency using GIMP do this from the main menu, select:
Layer > Transparency > Add Alpha Channel
That is what it is under the English language version 2.6.3 it might vary with other versions, but essentially the concept is the same, which is to add an alpha channel (which is a fancy way of say transparency layer). After the alpha channel is in place just select the stuff that shouldn't be there and Cut (Ctrl-X) it out. It helps to have your selector Tool Settings set without antialiasing as this gives a clean cut when you go to cut out the background. If you are working with an anti-aliased image it can be helpful to have the antialiasing turned on, however that usually ends up making the file larger than it should be just to get the edges the way you see them. This is why for images that are going to have the backgrounds removed (transparent) you should captured them without antialiasing as it gives clean lines (pixels) between the foreground object and the background junk that is to be removed.
For the wiki, it's good to index the image's colours as this makes the files smaller and generally is unnoticeable. Again from the menu, select:
Image > Mode > Indexed...
this will reduce the number of bytes used per pixel from 4 to 1, which (due to compression thingies in the PNG format) almost always make the file way smaller than just especially when you set the Color dithering to None (dial-up users will thank you).
- REDIRECT User:Kytti khat/sig 15:12, 29 December 2008 (UTC)
Mine own image!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you blind it's not same image! I'm taked it first day when Corporeal Beast come out and some days ago I transparent it and uploaded in there!!!! Now I uploaded it again and hope you not delete it :P.20:58, 1 January 2009 (UTC)
Nomination for adminship
Hiya, I'd like to nominate you to become a sysop, is that okay? :D -- Micha499 11:53, 3 January 2009 (UTC)
- Seriously? Cool, erm, Ok! I'll go read the terms then, I think I know where they are, like some sort of special page or something, I'll find it. Maybe they could accept me. Thanks! 15:30, 4 January 2009 (UTC)
- Ok will do. Thanks again. 15:30, 4 January 2009 (UTC)
Editing user pages
- Thanks for the heads up about editing user pages, but I know. I edit my own userpage without logging in. I'm just too lazy to. If you check the history on it you can see that both my account and my IP have made many edits, none of which have been conflicted. So just so you know, I also am AJS1992 18.104.22.168 16:17, 3 January 2009 (UTC)
- Yes for some reason the cookies don't work and make me stay logged in. Very annoying, but I edited my user page to show that I also edit it as my IP. 16:23, 3 January 2009 (UTC)
- Why is the time going in a box like that??? 15:30, 4 January 2009 (UTC)