A Valentine heart was a seasonal item that could be won on the Squeal of Fortune, obtained through skilling, received as a drop from a monster, or traded with other players. Upon obtaining Valentine hearts from skilling or a monster drop, players received the following message in their chat box: Congratulations! You've found some Valentine hearts! They were only available from 14 February 2013 to 25 February 2013. Players could "send" their Valentine hearts to open up a heart-shaped interface, where they could spend their hearts as currency for Valentine-themed rewards. They were removed from the game on 14 March 2013.The rewards unlocked with Valentine hearts are split into Love and Hate rewards:
Chocolates, a neutral reward, can be received by trading in 50 hearts.
There are six different chocolates, all of which could be won on the Squeal of Fortune or bought with Valentine hearts. Each of these six chocolates heals 200 life points and gives a temporary +1 to +3 boost to a specific skill, as listed here:
- Noisette triangle key - Dungeoneering
- Chilli chocolate - Firemaking
- Coconut cream - Herblore (members only)
- Dwarven delight - Mining & Smithing
- Rose essence truffle - Runecrafting
- Vanilla fudge log - Woodcutting
The total cost of the Love or Hate rewards is 3,500 for all emotes and 7,000 for all rewards excluding chocolate.
Baby Troll names
Feeding it to a pet Baby Troll would give you the option to either name it "Valentine Heart", or a random pet name.
The random pet names that players could choose were:
- Sweetie and Treacle
Players could click "Randomise pet name" to get another name until they either got the desired name, or it looped back to "Darling".
- Although they weren't tradeable on the Grand Exchange, the price checker valued Valentine hearts at 1,000 coins each. Valentine hearts could be sold to stores for 300 coins and bought back for 1,000 coins.
- Opening the rewards interface for Valentine hearts emitted a heart beat sound effect.
Valentine's Day 2013