|Release date||29 September 2014 (Update)|
|Sells items||Vic's Store|
|Examine|| Allows you to convert your bonus XP into various rewards.|
Vic the trader is the owner of Vic's Store and is located south of the Burthorpe lodestone, across the road from the bank. He will trade credits for bonus experience for the first week following his release, after which he will still be managing his store but no longer trading for experience. The credits can be spent at his store to purchase prismatic lamps or stars, skill outfit pieces, and rewards which were previously on Treasure Hunter. Ironman Mode players cannot trade with Vic.
- He was set to return in late April 2015. However, Vic returned on 13 April 2015 after discussion on the forums and social media requested for his return earlier than planned. His return was accompanied by the message: Vic the trader has arrived back in Burthorpe with a new stock of items! He remained in-game up until 5 May 2015.
- He returned again on 18 January 2016 until 1 February 2016, and again from 4 July 2016 to 18 July 2016. He again returned on 9 January 2017 at 00:00 UTC, bringing along with him any unspent credits leftover from his July visit.
- He returned once again on 12 June 2017 until 1 July 2017, and this time was accompanied by the message: Vic the trader has arrived back in Burthorpe with a new stock of items! His cousin Ric has made his way to Menaphos to sell his wares too! During this return he was joined by his cousin Ric, who acted as Vic's counterpart in Menaphos.
- Vic was available from 15 January 2018 to the end of 5 February 2018, and his return was announced with Vic is exchanging bonus XP until 23:59 on Monday 29th January, go see him in Burthorpe now!
- Vic made an appearance on 4 June 2018 until 18 June 2018. His return was announced with Vic is exchanging bonus XP up until 23:59 on Monday 18th June, go see him in Burthorpe now!
The cost of credits varied from skill to skill and increased with higher skill levels. In other words, players got fewer credits in higher level skills for the same experience. The cost of the first 200 credits per visit in each skill is reduced by 50%.
- XP/Tokens - for experience lamps, fallen stars or dungeoneering tokens
- Skill Outfits - for purchasing skill outfit pieces you do not own yet (Skill helm add-ons have a chance of being for helmets you do not yet own.)
- Special Outfits - for purchasing Elite skilling outfit parts you do not own yet
- Other - for purchasing limited time only items, emotes, etc.
- The name Vic the trader is identical to an NPC found within the video game Fallout 2. It is also possible that both names are inspired by the well-known restaurant chain Trader Vic's.
- On 18 January 2016, it was revealed on the RuneScape Forums that Vic has 3 sets of unique dialogue when you use 3 specific items on him. They are Prismatic fallen star (must be prismatic and from Treasure Hunter, size does not matter), Elemental shield, and Biscuits. Biscuits are supposedly related to his name.
- While free-to-play players can still access Vic's Store interface, when attempting to 'Trade XP' via the right-click option, free-to-play players are prompted with a message from Vic saying 'Sorry, I can't trade here.'