A water balloon is an item that was originally obtainable from the Squeal of Fortune and again from Treasure Hunter as a reward from mystery boxes in the Summer of 2015 and from participating in activities on the beach in the Summers of 2016, 2017, and 2018. It can be equipped in the main hand slot and can be thrown at other players, much like a snowball, prompting the message You pelt (player name) with a water balloon. When hovering over a player or some NPCs the game cursor changes to .
After the release of 2017 Summer Beach Party, it is possible to right-click the balloon and choose "pop" which will grant a small amount of experience in the chosen skill. The amount of experience gained per balloon is $ 0.1L $ where $ L $ is the player's level in the chosen skill (e.g. at level 99, popping a balloon will give 9.9 experience). Experience for elite skills is halved.
Water balloons cannot be keepsaked.
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Sandy Casket (red)||N/A||50||Unknown|
- When thrown at an attackable NPC, such as an Imp, you get the same message but the player name is switched out with the NPC's name. Example: "You pelt Imp with a water balloon." The NPC will not become aggressive. (unless thrown at a Glacor)
- If a player teleports while a balloon is being thrown at them, the splash animation will occur after the player has finished teleporting.