|Start point||Rat Burgiss south of Varrock|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Official length||Short to Medium|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat|
- Talk to Rat Burgiss, south-east of the Varrock lodestone by the crossroads to Lumbridge.
- Immediately west of the grand exchange is a camp. Kill 5 outlaws there.
- Take all 5 rat papers that they drop.
- Use the 5 papers on the folder.
- Talk to Rat.
- Varrock palace library, talk to Surok Magis.
- Use any method to enter the chaos altar
- With 15 chaos runes, use the wand on the altar.
- If you brought essence instead, craft the runes now.
- Give Surok Magis a bowl and the infused wand.
- Talk to Rat Burgiss.
- Talk to Zaff, in his shop north-west of Varrock square.
- Talk to Surok Magis.
- Attack the King, right-click summon with the beacon ring when he has 1 life point remaining.
- Return to Rat Burgiss.
- Quest complete!
- 1 quest point
- 2,000 experience lamp
- 8,000 experience lamp
- The Beacon ring
- Access to the Tunnel of Chaos, which provides a shortcut to the Chaos Altar and the Chaos Tunnels
- Ability to speak with Historian Minas in the Varrock Museum and give him the Dagon'hai history book you found during the quest in the Varrock Palace library for 5 kudos.
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice
- Music unlocked