|Release||21 February 2011 (Update)|
|It's made of pure fire.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|300 / 200 / 100|
3 ticks (1.8s)
The WildyWyrm is a boss variant of regular lava strykewyrms. They have a rare chance to spawn next to their lesser counterparts, and will then start roaming throughout the Wilderness in mound form. WildyWyrms will never be found north of the fence in the deep Wilderness, as the gates are too small for it to pass through. The mound with a WildyWyrm is considerably larger than that of the lava strykewyrm and is labelled as large mound rather than mound.
Upon interacting with the WildyWyrm's mound, a message box will appear and ask the player if they want to start the fight. If they choose yes, the WildyWyrm will burst out from the mound. Like its lesser counterparts, the WildyWyrm uses all three forms of combat, and every attack has AoE properties. Prayer flicking is advised as the WildyWyrm's attacks are extremely accurate and can hit very hard through prayers. In addition to these mechanics, the WildyWyrm will never burrow back down until it is killed, even if there are no targets for it to attack.
As its special attack, the WildyWyrm exclusively uses dragging burrow attack much like its lesser cousins; it will never attempt to burrow towards a player. Both Anticipate and Freedom will prevent the player from being dragged when it burrows into the ground, though standing 9 squares away will also prevent it from dragging the player.
If it spawns, a world announcement is made: News: The WildyWyrm has just spawned in the wilderness! The WildyWyrm can also be summoned and controlled by Jagex Moderators, and they are capable of choosing their attack style and increasing their attack and defence levels. They can additionally heal the WildyWyrms in order to prolong the fight and create a greater challenge for the players involved.
With completion of the easy Wilderness Tasks, the player will be awarded a Wilderness sword 1, which (alongside its higher variants) can be used to track the WildyWyrm. If a WildyWyrm is present in the Wilderness, the sword will shine in the general direction where it is at. Players hunting WildyWyrms should continually operate their Wilderness sword as the sword cannot pinpoint its exact location unless it has already been provoked. WildyWyrms can also be found through the World Map, identified as ().
Ironmen are unable to harm the WildyWyrm.
As WildyWyrms can be found anywhere in the areas they can reach (some of these being multi-combat), caution is advised. It is recommended to tackle them in a group, as killing one alone can be tedious and time consuming.
|Searing ashes||10 (noted)||Always||367,810|
|Fury shark||5 (noted)||Always||Not sold|
|Adamantite ore||50 (noted)||Common||11,850|
|Water talisman||10 (noted)||Common||29,270|
|Magic logs||100 (noted)||Common||41,400|
|Black dragonhide||25 (noted)||Common||90,475|
|Searing ashes||5; 50 (noted)||Common||183,905–1,839,050|
|Onyx bolts (e)||25; 50||Common||199,025–398,050|
|Runite ore||20 (noted)||Uncommon||17,980|
|Starved ancient effigy||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 1||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 2||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 3||1||Very rare||Not sold|
- If players contributed to killing the WildyWyrm, a message will appear stating that "As you contributed to the wyrm's death, it leaves fury sharks and searing ashes behind."
- Patch Notes on 2 March 2015, 30 March 2015 and 6 February 2017 greatly increased the chance of a WildyWyrm appearing.
- Due to player feedback about how common it began to spawn (and caused searing ashes to plummet because of it), the chances of a WildyWyrm appearing were lowered with the Patch Notes of 20 February 2017.
- When a Magic attack hits a player, it will head towards the next player, similar to Araxxor and Araxxi's attacks when fought in a duo. Its Ranged attack instead shatters and hits targets nearby.
- The WildyWyrm's level appears as both 92 (when right clicking) and 1337 (in the tool tip).
- Killing one displays the following on the Adventurer's Log: I killed a WildyWyrm. I killed a WildyWyrm in the Wilderness.
- The WildyWyrm's level is 1337, this is most likely a joke from the developers making fun of certain PvP players using "leet speak" often, as 1337 is one of the most commonly known words/numbers from that particular speech type.
- There is a bug where in specific areas of the Wilderness, it is possible for the WildyWyrm to not attack players. This frequently occurs around the edges of the Wilderness Volcano.
- They originally appeared as part of a small holiday event in 2011, possessing the same mechanics. Although, lava strykewyrms did not appear, and they were instead found in one of three locations around the Wilderness, which were marked by some burnt trees (some of which still remain in-game). They returned alongside lava strykewyrms in 2015.