|Release||21 February 2011 (Update)|
|It's made of pure fire.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|300 / 200 / 100|
3 ticks (1.8s)
The WildyWyrm is a boss variant of regular lava strykewyrms. They have a rare chance to spawn next to their lesser counterparts, and will then start roaming throughout the Wilderness in mound form. The mound with a WildyWyrm is considerably larger than that of the lava strykewyrm and is labelled as large mound rather than mound.
Upon interacting with the WildyWyrm's mound, a message box will appear and ask the stepper to ask if they want to start the fight. If they click yes, the WildyWyrm will burst out from the mound. Like its lesser counterparts, the WildyWyrm uses all three forms of combat, and every attack has AoE properties. Prayer flicking is advised as the WildyWyrm's attacks are extremely accurate and can hit very hard through prayers. Like its lesser counterparts, the WildyWyrm can also utilise its dragging burrow special on the players, which deals damage up to 50% of the player's current life points and disables protection prayers for a short duration if the player is caught in it, and utilises a stomp mechanic. Both Anticipate and Freedom will prevent the player from being dragged when it burrows into the ground.
If it spawns, a world announcement is made: News: The WildyWyrm has just spawned in the wilderness! The WildyWyrm can also be summoned and controlled by Jagex Moderators, and they are capable of choosing their attack style and increasing their attack and defence levels. They can additionally heal the WildyWyrms in order to prolong the fight and create a greater challenge for the players involved.
With completion of the easy Wilderness Tasks, the player will be awarded a Wilderness sword 1, which (alongside its higher variants) can be used to track the WildyWyrm. If there is a WildyWyrm is present, the sword will respond and tell the player which general direction the WildyWyrm is. It will not give the exact location, and the directions can change when it moves around. If there is no WildyWyrm wandering the Wilderness or if you operate the sword outside of the Wilderness, the sword will not respond.
Ironmen are unable to harm the WildyWyrm.
They originally appeared as part of a small holiday event in 2011, possessing the same mechanics. Although, lava strykewyrms did not appear, and they were instead found in one of three locations around the Wilderness, which were marked by some burnt trees (some of which still remain in-game). They returned alongside lava strykewyrms in 2015.
|Searing ashes||10 (noted)||Always||554,870|
|Fury shark||5 (noted)||Always||Not sold|
|Adamantite ore||50 (noted)||Common||11,350|
|Water talisman||10 (noted)||Common||25,280|
|Magic logs||100 (noted)||Common||38,000|
|Black dragonhide||25 (noted)||Common||87,050|
|Searing ashes||50 (noted)||Common||2,774,350|
|Onyx bolts (e)||25; 50||Common||193,075–386,150|
|Runite ore||20 (noted)||Uncommon||28,380|
|Starved ancient effigy||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 1||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 2||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 3||1||Very rare||Not sold|
- If players contributed to killing the WildyWyrm, a message will appear stating that "As you contributed to the wyrm's death, it leaves fury sharks and searing ashes behind."
- Patch Notes on 2 March 2015, 30 March 2015 and 6 February 2017 greatly increased the chance of a WildyWyrm appearing.
- When a Magic attack hits a player, it will head towards the next player, similar to Araxxor and Araxxi's attacks when fought in a duo. Its Ranged attack instead shatters and hits targets nearby.
- The WildyWyrm's level appears as both 92 (when right clicking) and 1337 (in the tool tip).
- Killing one displays the following on the Adventurer's Log: I killed a WildyWyrm. I killed a WildyWyrm in the Wilderness.
- The WildyWyrm's level is 1337, this is most likely a joke from the developers making fun of certain PvP players using "leet speak" often, as 1337 is one of the most commonly known words/numbers from that particular speech type.