The Wine of Zamorak is a type of wine brewed with Grapes of Zamorak, which can be grown using the Farming skill, and can also be found in the Captured Temple, just south of Goblin Village, east of Taverley, and north of Falador.
There are two ways to take the Wine of Zamorak in the Captured Temple
- Players can take the wine with their bare hands if all the Monks of Zamorak are dead or out of the temple (the door of the temple cannot be closed) and facing away from the inner temple so they cannot see the theft occur. Using bare hands while grabbing the wine will result the player taking unblockable damage (5%-10% of current health, increasing percentage-wise as health depletes), and in a 5%-6% reduction in Attack, Strength, Defence, Ranged, and Magic; using Telekinetic Grab avoids this. The Protect from Magic prayer is useless in shielding from the effect. The Monks of Zamorak nearby will also attack the player and reduce some of the player's combat stats occasionally. Reduced stats return at approximately one per minute. If no monk is present, the wine can be taken but you will still take damage and your stats will still be drained.
- Using Telekinetic Grab (level 33+ Magic). 1 air rune and 1 law rune are needed to cast this spell. Telegrabbing the wine will cause the nearby monks to attack. This can be prevented by quickly logging out, or world switching (instant world hop). If a player casts Telekinetic Grab but another player is faster, then the slower player will not only lose the wine but also the runes it took to cast the spell, although they still gain the normal amount of Magic experience given. Bringing an air staff instead of air runes makes gathering Wine of Zamorak more cost-effective, but law runes are required. Lower level players may want to bring an emergency teleport in case of low life points.
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Memory of Nomad||N/A||14||Common|
|Greater demon (elite)||92||1–2||Rare|
|King Black Dragon||276||6||Rare|
|Avaryss, the Unceasing||1000||18–22||Uncommon|
|Black demon (Demon Flash Mobs)||116||1||Uncommon|
|Exiled Kalphite Queen||356||30–50||Uncommon|
|K'ril Tsutsaroth||98; 650||2–10||Uncommon|
|K'ril Tsutsaroth||98; 650||30–44||Uncommon|
|Nex: Angel of Death||7000||3–20||Uncommon|
|Vampyre Juvinate||58; 61; 63; 84||1||Uncommon|
|Vyrewatch||49; 70; 72; 75; 78; 86; 91; 97||1||Uncommon|
|Zamorak mage (monster)||68||1||Very rare|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
- Before gravestones and the warning message, the Wine of Zamorak was a popular item used by advanced players to kill new players in the Captured Temple. They would usually tell the new player to grab the wine which spawned every 3 seconds, then they would trap the player by closing the door, eventually letting the monks kill them. When the player was dead, the advanced player would take the items of the dead player. However, this is obsolete since the door of this temple cannot be closed any more.
- Previously, if players put a Wine of Zamorak back in the place they took it from and try to pick it up, they would be hurt as if it had just respawned. This only worked on the exact spot where the wine respawns, the other side of the table did not cause you to be hurt, due to the game engine not being able to distinguish a respawned Wine of Zamorak from one placed there by a player. After an update on 9 July 2013, it is actually impossible to put any item over any table.
- In the Brazilian RuneScape, Zamorak Wine is called "Suco de uva de Zamorak", translated as Grape juice of Zamorak, since Brazilian laws do not allow names of alcoholic beverages (wine, beer, ...)
- Previously, when stealing wine, a message would appear saying "STOP STEALING MY WINE! GAH!"
- No jug is left behind upon using Wine of Zamorak in potions.
God wines and potions