|Release date||1 December 2014 (Update)|
|End date||31 December 2014 (Update)|
|Head developer||Unknown edit|
|Preceded by||Winter Weekends (2012)|
|Succeeded by||Winter Weekends (2015)|
Winter Weekends is a series of events exclusive to members which was held during December 2014. There were five segments, for each weekend in December. All events start and end at 12:00 GMT.
Weekend 1: Skilling
5 December - 8 December 2014
All weekend, the following boosts are applied to the following non-combat activities:
- Smithing: Double XP and respect in the Artisans' Workshop
- Divination: Enriched wisps spawn every 10 minutes, rather than 20
- Divination: Springs last for twice as long once a wisp is activated
- Fishing: Spots move around half as frequently as before
- Runecrafting: Increased node spawn rate and reward points at the Runespan
- Mining & Woodcutting: Rocks and rare trees replenish twice as fast when depleted (note that this does not include crystal trees, bloodwood trees, or trees planted with the Farming skill)
- Thieving: pharaoh's sceptre and Black Ibis outfit drops are twice as likely at Pyramid Plunder
Weekend 2: Minigames
12 December - 15 December 2014
All weekend, the following boosts are applied to the following minigames:
- +1 Castle Wars gold ticket per game, regardless of win, lose or draw
- Double commendation points from Pest Control and Conquest
- Double Bonus XP and gambling rewards from Barbarian Assault
- Bosses killed in Dominion Tower are counted twice for the purposes of reward unlocks
- +50% Dominion Factor earned
- Double produce points at Livid Farm
- An extra 600 daily bonus points in Cabbage Facepunch Bonanza.
13 December - 14 December 2014
- One extra run of Tears of Guthix per day
3 Week Buff: Player-Owned Ports
12th December 2014 - 1st January 2015
- All Ports voyages return 30% extra trade goods or resources
- 25 voyages a day instead of 15
Weekend 3: Dungeoneering
19th December - 22nd December 2014
- Double tokens from both regular dungeoneering and Sinkholes
Note: The Cloning mosquito cards stack with the Dungeoneering weekend bonus.
- Base Sinkholes lamp XP increased by 50%
- 10% cheaper weapon repairs at the Daemonheim trader
- No score penalty for dying
Weekend 4: Slayer and Bossing
26th December - 29th December 2014
- Improved drops from the following bosses: Kalphite King, Vorago, Barrows - Rise of the Six, and Giant Mole.
- Double drops from the Giant mole.
- Increased chance of rare drops and enhanced ring of wealth.
- Charm drops give one more charm than normal.
- 50% increased base slayer experience.
- Double points from regular and group slayer assignments.
- For the extra Tears of Guthix, it was bugged so that if you haven't completed it for the week, then proceed to do it on the day it gave an extra run, you will not be allowed to do so again.