|Release date||6 April 2001 (Update)|
|Start point||Talk to Hetty in her house in Rimmington, South of Falador and West of Port Sarim.|
|Member requirement||Free to play|
|Official difficulty||Unknown edit|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable. None|
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.|
|Enemies to defeat||Rat (Level 1)|
Talk to Hetty in Rimmington, and you will ask for work. She will ask you if you wish to become more proficient in the "dark arts". Accept her offer, and she will tell you that she is going to make a potion to "help bring out your darker self". To do this, she will need four ingredients: a rat's tail, some burnt meat, an eye of newt, and an onion.
Gathering the Ingredients
The ingredients she requests can all be found in the nearby area.
- Rat's tail: To gain a rats tail, simply find and kill a rat. The closest rats can be found within Rimmington, in the house on the most southern tip.
- Burnt meat: To gain burnt meat, you must first gather some raw beef, raw rat meat, raw bear meat or raw yak meat, and then cook it to turn it into cooked meat. Raw rat meat can be gained by killing the giant rats west of the Port Sarim Jail and Raw beef can be obtained by killing the cows in the field West of the Crafting Guild or in the field of the Falador farm. Alternatively, you can simply buy some cooked meat on the Grand Exchange. Once you have gotten your raw meat, cook it on a fire or a range (a range can be found North of Hetty's house), and then use it on the range/fire again, which will burn it if it is not already burnt.
- Eye of newt: The closest source of an eyes of newt is Betty's shop, which can be found in Port Sarim, marked by a magic skill icon on the minimap. Once inside the shop, they can be purchased for 3 coins each. Alternatively, they can be bought on the Grand Exchange or in a Herblore shop.
- Onion: The closest source of onions can be found in a field just North of Rimmington, and can also be found in the field behind Fred's farmhouse to the North-West of Lumbridge. Alternatively, it can be bought from the Grand Exchange.
Once you have gathered all of the ingredients, return to Hetty in Rimmington, and she will put them in her cauldron and tell you to drink from it. You will do so, and you will become more skilled in magic.
Congratulations, miniquest complete!
- Witch's Potion ( 5) - Complete the 'Witch's Potion' miniquest.
- Prior to 24 June 2010, Witch's Potion was a quest. Due to an update, it was relegated to be a miniquest. The reward of 325 Magic Experience did not change.
- Prior to 7 September 2010, your character would say to Juna "...And once I got her all the ingredients, Hetty's potion increased my magical power!" to which Juna would reply, "I see you are on your way to becoming strong in the magical arts." Because this is no longer a quest, it was removed from the list of adventures that you would describe to Juna. This is unlike Sheep Shearer, which the player can still mention to Juna.
- It used to grant 1 quest point before being demoted to miniquest.
|Miscellaneous||Quick guide • Transcript|
|Removed or significantly changed||
|Italics denote that the quest was demoted to a miniquest.|